Thread: upper door trim

Hitokiri Battousai verified Feedback Score 0 Jeremy C's Avatar
    Owner Since
    June 2002

Thanks

upper door trim

Looking for the trim that seals the door and the glass. Both sides external, passenger internal.

Not really sure what these would go for. Not looking to spend much and these are not on my priority list since I'm not driving my car yet.

94 3500gt vr2? verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) n2nsanity's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I believe I have all of this. Are you talking about the metal L shaped pieces? Or just the rubber weatherstripping?
    $30 shipped for all the rubber. The metal pieces will require a much bigger box, so that would be more.

I'm Kind Of A Big Deal Feedback Score 8 (100%) Emilie@GZP's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy C View Post
    Looking for the trim that seals the door and the glass. Both sides external, passenger internal.

Not really sure what these would go for. Not looking to spend much and these are not on my priority list since I'm not driving my car yet.
    the window moldings? You can buy them new from Cherry Hill Mitsu for about $65/each. You'll want to buy those new, in all honesty.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilie@GZP View Post
    the window moldings? You can buy them new from Cherry Hill Mitsu for about $65/each. You'll want to buy those new, in all honesty.
    really? what all does that include? there are actually 6 or 7 different pieces of weatherstripping per door, so it gets confusing. (7 if u count the metal L piece with a rubber edge)
    and actually i think i misread what he was talking about. i was thinking about the rubber between window/roof and door/body

are you/he talking about the straight plastic/rubber piece that's attached to the door panel and sits against the glass? (inside)
    and the rubber coated metal strip that's attached to the door and sits against the glass (outside)

i have a set of (outside) pieces, not in good shape, i think i'm going to trash those. (i would like to know if those can be bought new, as they always fall apart over time)
    i have 2 or 3 sets of (inside pieces) i believe all in great shape. i'm sure at least 1 set is in perfect shape, except maybe some not quite perfect clips from trying to remove them from the door panels

anyway, if this is the passenger (inside) piece u need, u can have it for $10 + shipping, i would need a zip to get a shipping quote on it tho
    Last edited by n2nsanity; 10-05-2010 at 11:15 PM.

I'm Kind Of A Big Deal Feedback Score 8 (100%) Emilie@GZP's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    the rubber that sits against the glass inside, is attached to the door panel, and you will most likely destroy the interior door panel if you try removing it. You're best off replacing the entire interior door panel.

I was referring to the exterior door/window trim. Those are the trim pieces that most commonly go bad, and can be ordered from Cherry Hill Mitsu easily. They usually have those in stock, at least every time we've called.

Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    nice, thanks, good info
    i did pretty good at pulling off the inside pieces, just requires a whole lot of patience
    i was going to replace them in my last car, but i sold it before i got around to putting them on