Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess who gets to pull the O2 housings??

you know you like it Not Verified Feedback Score 0 Chris GTO TT's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HLxDrummer View Post
    Glad to see it fixed your issue after all the work! I think I need to change my O2s as well

How do you like the poly mounts?
    I got the stiffer ones from paul here and so far i like them, there is a noticeable amount of vibration at idle but not too bad. You feel it mostly at startup. I know people say that solids arent much worse than poly but i'm glad i didnt get soild mounts. My stock motor mounts were really in pretty good shape just the rear was cracked, but not as bad as some peoples i've seen.

Forum User Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Did you end up using that gutted precat? I cant remember if I even ever sent it haha.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0 HLxDrummer's Avatar
    Owner Since
    ~2006

Thanks
    Thanks for the info. I don't want much more vibration than stock (definitely not as much as solids!) but I've heard that stiffer mounts are better for the drivetrain.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    You know I've been thinking of replacing my O2 sensors. When I did my TT conversion I used one sensor from a California NA manifold. Shit went up around then down and had a bunch of O2 sensors. I'm not sure if they are the same or not. I was just in a hurry and didn't get new ones. The car seems to run a bit funny in closed loop so it got me thinking I should replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vroom4 View Post
    Did you end up using that gutted precat? I cant remember if I even ever sent it haha.
    Yours and the other one i ended up with both appear to be off a JDM motor since they don't have the O2 bung. That wasn't really a problem since I had ordered new bungs and was planning on welding them on. The problem I had was no EGR port. And since I was getting the car smogged right after I got it running again I needed to have that on there. So I ended up using the one I took off my car.
    Quote Originally Posted by HLxDrummer View Post
    Thanks for the info. I don't want much more vibration than stock (definitely not as much as solids!) but I've heard that stiffer mounts are better for the drivetrain.
    There are noticeably more vibrations at start-up and idle, however I wouldn't say its obnoxious. Also from what I've read the poly mounts seem to soften up after a little of use, but i wonder how much of that is just getting used to the vibrations. Overall I highly recommend replacing the motor mounts, this whole project really made my car a lot more fun and easy to drive. My mounts were in fairly good condition and even I noticed a large decrease in drivetrain slop. If you are concerned with vibration issues paul offeres a softer polyurethane for his mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    You know I've been thinking of replacing my O2 sensors. When I did my TT conversion I used one sensor from a California NA manifold. Shit went up around then down and had a bunch of O2 sensors. I'm not sure if they are the same or not. I was just in a hurry and didn't get new ones. The car seems to run a bit funny in closed loop so it got me thinking I should replace them.
    When I was shopping for O2 Sensors I noticed that they changed over the years, my 91 had different O2 sensors than 92's so that may be why they are a little different. I couldn't really figure out what was different about them all I know is the O2 sensors were more expensive for my car than others lol.
    Last edited by Chris GTO TT; 03-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris GTO TT View Post
    When I was shopping for O2 Sensors I noticed that they changed over the years, my 91 had different O2 sensors than 92's so that may be why they are a little different. I couldn't really figure out what was different about them all I know is the O2 sensors were more expensive for my car than others lol.
    3sx has a crapload of different models on their site. I'm not sure what the difference is. Did you get stock or aftermarket? I can get some bosch (I believe) ones by tomorrow and they are supposedly different from front to rear but it could just be the length of the wire or something.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    3sx has a crapload of different models on their site. I'm not sure what the difference is. Did you get stock or aftermarket? I can get some bosch (I believe) ones by tomorrow and they are supposedly different from front to rear but it could just be the length of the wire or something.
    I got OEM exact fit style Denso sensors. I just didn't want to have to cut up the wires and splice the OEM style connector to the 'universal' O2 sensors. The front wire is much shorter than the rear so that is a difference in part numbers.

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris GTO TT View Post
    I got OEM exact fit style Denso sensors. I just didn't want to have to cut up the wires and splice the OEM style connector to the 'universal' O2 sensors. The front wire is much shorter than the rear so that is a difference in part numbers.
    Cool, so that seemed to help how it ran at part throttle around town driving? Mine seems to running funny like that. I might just need to go get a tune.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Well my car is fairly stock (Intake, EBC, and Downpipe), and as long as i've owned my car (since 2003) it has always had an odd loading up feeling between 2000 and 3000rpm. If I gave it too much throttle below 2500rpm the car would load up and then surge into power. When I was out driving around yesterday gave it a LOT of throttle down low at 1800rpm and the car pulled smoothly away from that point.

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Good to know, that sounds a lot like mine. It cant hurt, and I do know that one is a NA sensor with about 160k miles and the other, like I said was pulled out of a CA NA model so maybe I'll save a bit of gas anyway. Auto Zone will have them tomorrow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast