Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parking Lights/Dash Lights Schematic Needed

Banned verified Feedback Score 0 ictponder's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Parking Lights/Dash Lights Schematic Needed

Does anyone have a wiring schematic for the 15amp circuit that controls the parking lights & dash lights?

My turn signals & brake lights work, but whenever I turn the headlight switch it will pop the fuse for the parking lights/dash lights. I pulled the bulbs from the parking lights and I'm getting continuity on all 3 wires, which doesn't sound right to me. When I pull all bulbs ie: parking lights, turn signals, license plate it will still pop the fuse once I turn on the switch.

I can't drive my car if it's dark and it's really annoying. This all happened after a heavy rain and I was detoured down a road and water flowed over the hood of the car.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) Monster Stealth's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/168836/3smanual.zip

Should be in "3s_lighting_circuit.pdf"
    9B+93-13.2@108
    16G+E85...?

the cake is a lie

Owner Since

Thanks
    How would I go about finding a connector listed in the schematic like the one highlighted C-69? Is there a reference sheet that lists locations of connectors and relays for these schematics?

I found the problem to be a short somewhere after the fuse. All of my sockets are testing positive for continuity with ground, which means there is a bad connector or relay but I'd like to unplug the back half of the car and start there. So far all the visible wires look fine. I could start cutting all the G-W (Green/White) wires but I'd rather not.

I need to find the highlighted connector, or any other connector/relay listed.
    Last edited by ictponder; 09-19-2010 at 04:35 PM.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Swap the relay out with the horn relay. I've seen it happen numerous times where the relay gets stuck and will cause exactly what you have happening.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

5. The Following User Says Thank You to stealthee For This Useful Post:

Owner Since

Thanks
    Already tried that a couple weeks ago. I tested both relays with a multimeter and both were functioning normally.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) RealMcCoy's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    C-69 plugs into the front side of the junction block under the dash. It's on page 52 of the electrical manual, in the configuration diagrams section.

When I'm trying to locate a dead short like that, I replace the fuse or relay(whichever has best access) with jumper wires and an incandescent headlamp. Then start pulling connections in the system until the light goes out. You can narrow it down pretty quickly that way.

Real Performance Automotive (541)816-4500 www.FB.com/RealPerformanceAuto

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RealMcCoy For This Useful Post:

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RealMcCoy View Post
    C-69 plugs into the front side of the junction block under the dash. It's on page 52 of the electrical manual, in the configuration diagrams section.

When I'm trying to locate a dead short like that, I replace the fuse or relay(whichever has best access) with jumper wires and an incandescent headlamp. Then start pulling connections in the system until the light goes out. You can narrow it down pretty quickly that way.
    Very nice TY As of right now it's pulling more than 10amps, which is the highest my meter will go. A regular bulb will work?

Also, is the Electrical Manual inside the zip file that was linked? I don't see it in there if it is!
    Last edited by ictponder; 09-20-2010 at 12:43 AM.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) RealMcCoy's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    A light bulb will limit the current... I use an incandescent headlamp because it draws a couple amps, so I know for sure if I find it, but it won't damage the circuit.

You can download all the factory manuals at 3SX, you're looking for vol. 2 electrical.

http://www.3sx.com/faq/manuals/

Owner Since

Thanks
    Well, I've kinda narrowed it down to the front driver side signal light. If I isolate that light from the vehicle (disconnect from engine fuse box) the 15amp tail light fuse doesn't pop when I turn on the parking lights. However my tail lights and dash lights still don't work. I've checked all the other fuses. I really hope I didn't burn up something in cabin fuse panel. As it is I am going to have to unwrap the entire wire harness in the engine compartment from the fuse box to the driver side turn signal and find the short.

Those schematics have been really helpful.

Owner Since

Thanks
    So now my blinkers quit. I found part# MB627893 online referenced as a blinker module. These cars don't have a simple blinker relay? Also anyone know where this module is located? I'm going to look in the schematics but I'm at work right now and don't have them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast