Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 or 360?

Resident Gamer Feedback Score 0 PsykoGamer's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

PS3 or 360?

Hey what's up guys? I'm more of a videogame guy these guys as opposed to a car guy(when in reality I can't afford either one currently lol) but I was just wondering which system you guys prefer to play on and what you are currently playing? I'm playing more on my PS3 than my 360 these days and I am playing Battlefield Bad Company 2. Pretty awesome game if you haven't picked it up yet on the PS3 or the 360. Get the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition for $40 as it comes with Battlefield 1943 and also the special Onslaught mode. It's funny that this is cheaper than getting the regular edition for $50 or $60. Go figure.

I know people are wondering why I didn't ask about the Wii. Well...many people as well as myself don't really consider the Wii as a system for the hardcore kind of gamer. I know people are putting these systems in their cars and trucks for shows and such which is cool also. I don't hear or see much about Nintendo Wii's though.

Part of the "Flipped Your Car Club" verified Feedback Score 0 milkshakes's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    PS3, Wii, and PC here.

I refuse to get a 360.

I've hacked my Wii(and PSP, and DS), saves a *TON* of money!
    1992 Stealth RT/TT
    Condition: Totaled(In Process of Rebuild.)

Lord Master Smacktard supporter Feedback Score 0 Kagato's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Gave up on the 360 - after 5 RROD's in a 2 year period, I decided to give up on Microsoft's junk and just stick with my PC.

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I prefer the 360 but also have a Wii and will be picking up a PS3 for my birthday. Like you said the Wii is more of a light gaming system made for kids and girls (for the most part). I love the 360 and some of it's platform only games (such as Halo) but I'm also interested in the PS3 for the fact that it's a blue ray player and has free online play. Either way MW2 lights up my life...with gun fire!

Owner Since

Thanks
    Yeah I do understand about the RROD's that have plagued many a gamer. I've had a couple myself but they were both under warranty and my current system they actually replaced so that I can't really complain about. I think I saw some custom 360 box that some custom PC maker made into a PC box. I believe it was like $5k lol. Also on another note XBox Live is going up in price in November to $60 a year. Kinda sucks but with the amount of things they have going on in Live it's no real big shock. Sony is supposed to be implementing some sort of pay service within the next year as well I believe. No word on pricing yet though unfortunately. I do love my PS3 blu-ray playback though I must say. I just bought The Patriot last night and it was so much better looking than the basic DVD version.

I haven't play Modern Warfare 2 in such a long time since I got Battlefield Bad Company 2. Trust me Streamline if you haven't played it yet then I would highly recommend you try it out.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    xbox 360 no doubt, ps3 just isnt a good online gaming system. Its online features have a LONG way to come to reach that of the 360. Now if you play single player games then its up to you which system. I have had 1 red ring since owning my xbox, it was under warrenty. Now on my ps3 the hard drive did go out as well as the blu ray drive. So i wouldent say one is terribly much more reliable then the other...

Owner Since

Thanks
    Yeah I understand that Trab. I haven't known very many people to have PS3 issues. I have a friend that did go through 3 XBox 360s in one week though so that was disturbing. The one thing I do like about the fat PS3 systems was that you could upgrade the hard drive. I have a 60 gig one that has all the backwards compatibility stuff they initially put in the systems. I do agree that while the 360 does give a better online experience the PS3 online really isn't as bad as some people make it out to be. It really depends on the company that makes the games most of the time and also the internet connection. I've had internet connection issues all around lol. Hell we can't have 2 360s connected on Xbox Live in this one house I live in. I think we may be in need of a new router though as I feel that really could be the issue. I do like the Netflix features on all the systems although it would be nice if Sony hurried up just implementing Netflix into the system without having to use a flippin disc.

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PsykoGamer View Post
    Yeah I do understand about the RROD's that have plagued many a gamer. I've had a couple myself but they were both under warranty and my current system they actually replaced so that I can't really complain about. I think I saw some custom 360 box that some custom PC maker made into a PC box. I believe it was like $5k lol. Also on another note XBox Live is going up in price in November to $60 a year. Kinda sucks but with the amount of things they have going on in Live it's no real big shock. Sony is supposed to be implementing some sort of pay service within the next year as well I believe. No word on pricing yet though unfortunately. I do love my PS3 blu-ray playback though I must say. I just bought The Patriot last night and it was so much better looking than the basic DVD version.

I haven't play Modern Warfare 2 in such a long time since I got Battlefield Bad Company 2. Trust me Streamline if you haven't played it yet then I would highly recommend you try it out.
    That's what I've heard, I just can't justify the "new" price. I have too many home projects going on right now!

Class of Jan. 2004 Not Verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) pezcore's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2003-2011

Thanks
    PS3 and PC

Owner Since

Thanks
    yeah a boost of $10 may not seem like a huge amount to some but to kids and teens that's like hitting them with a car payment I think lol. I think with them adding things like the NFL and other video media will help add to the value that they are trying to push. I have seen game sites try to push that if you really look at the pricing Microsoft set up for $50 when Live first started and implementing inflation into the equation then it makes sense that they boost it by $10. I don't get it myself and may just try to buy another year before the price goes up again. I really don't play the 360 quite as much these days though so I am not really sure.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast