Thread: Couple Quick Questions....

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Couple Quick Questions....

1. I have a 94 SL, I want to lock my doors, that is all I ask. I fixed my wires feeding into my door as the power lock wire was sliced. Well now they are messed up again. When I press lock it locks then quickly unlocks. Now I can manually lock them and they are fine. If I go on ebay or if one of you have one?? and get a keyless entry remote for my car will it work or will it just lock and unlock like it does when I press my lock on my drivers door. Mind you though if you press lock or unlock on the passenger side all works fine.

2. I am buying a 3sx downpipe for ....well no occasion , I just want one. It will be going on when I do my VSS in a week or two. 3sx recommends a cat or it will be very loud. I have a test pipe on my car now. Will the change to the DP make it a lot louder? I would really like a deeper note and just a better sound when leaving red lights, Flow's and Borlas are louder than my set up now when is really my limit. (Test pipe, so no CAT).

3. When doing my VSS, im doing my Timing Belt and Accessory Belt
    s. Any other important fixes while im in there? I will need that valve stem tool that everyone talks about, so where do I get one?

4. I have this "Clunk" that I get when I back up or go forward in a quick fashion. For example, pulling out into a road out of the driveway, you back up and where to forward quick to get out of their way and I hear it! I mean it's HUGE, like it sounds like something is coming to the floor. Motor mounts??!! All looks solid though, I have the same effect when I slam on the brakes as well....

If you can answer all these to the best of your ability, that would be amazing.....

Thanks, hazards280 (chad)
    Ahhh, One last fix. And it would literally be perfect for ......prolly a week BUT! thats still a week of perfection.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Bump....I really need answers.

Member verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) dbest671's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    1. the keyless entry should work, but you will need to program the fob. On a 94 you will have to take off the rear driver's side interior panel. Had the same problem on the spyder, but the keyless entry still worked. I have one that I bought off ebay (said it would work on a 94/95) but I don't know if it will works. It has a trunk button, but I would let you have it for the price of shipping.

2. It will probably be louder.

4. I don't know about an SL, but kind of sounds like the driveshaft.

owner since 2004 Feedback Score 0 colt45 gto's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    #3 you will want to replace the idler pulleys and tensioner, get the full TB kit, you may also want to replace the water pump.

no special tools for VSS but you will need a valve spring compressor if your removing the heads or a bolt on rig if your doing them in situe.
    3si is dead long live 3sgto.org

Owner Since

Thanks
    A Driveshaft! I never thought of that, im going to have to check that out. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by dbest671 View Post
    1. the keyless entry should work, but you will need to program the fob. On a 94 you will have to take off the rear driver's side interior panel. Had the same problem on the spyder, but the keyless entry still worked. I have one that I bought off ebay (said it would work on a 94/95) but I don't know if it will works. It has a trunk button, but I would let you have it for the price of shipping.

2. It will probably be louder.

4. I don't know about an SL, but kind of sounds like the driveshaft.

Owner Since

Thanks
    We are removing the heads, but where do I get the valve spring compressor? Does anyone on here sell them or do I need to go to a stealership?
    Quote Originally Posted by colt45 gto View Post
    #3 you will want to replace the idler pulleys and tensioner, get the full TB kit, you may also want to replace the water pump.

no special tools for VSS but you will need a valve spring compressor if your removing the heads or a bolt on rig if your doing them in situe.

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) jba3's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    #1 - Sounds like your ETACS is acting up. It controls the locks, and mine randomly does that sometimes too. Haven't found a fix for it yet.

#2 - Yes, it'll get a bit louder. If it gets too loud, you have the option to pull the test pipe and put in a HFC - losses are minimal compared to test pipe (likely <5hp difference) for a GOOD HFC, with stock turbos.

#4 - Sounds like mounts. They may LOOK fine, but you're talking a couple hundred pounds of motor and transmission shifting it's weight around. If you're pulling the motor to do the timing belt, it's easy to check the mounts while it's out.
    1995 VR4 Coupe

Owner Since

Thanks
    And to add on to my question...How do I know if it is my Valve Stem Seals or my rings.

The car literally runs and drives perfect. Idles great, its quick (for an sl) and just well perfect. EXCEPT...When I idle for more than 5 seconds and hit the gas it WILL make a puff of blue smoke.