As some of you know I'm building a racecar and R&D'ing some of my own parts. I'm going to be building a rear subframe jig shortly and am wondering if anyone's interested in purchasing a subframe and helping me to absorb some of the upfront expense involved with taking on the project.

I'm going to start this as a gauging interest thread and if the numbers come in were I think they will then the commitment I'm asking for from everyone is going to be roughly $1300 or so. If I can get a minimum of 5 people to commit, we're good to go and should be able to keep within $100 of that number. The more involved and pieces produced, the less the overall expense for everyone.

The $1300 estimated cost will cover a portion of the forum payment requirement, jig material and conceptual part construction, all custom CNC'd work for specialized pieces and laser cutting, 3d measurement for Q/C and possible solidwork loading for cnc laser tube cutting on future runs, and one powdercoated direct bolt-on stock replacement tubular subframe.

The subframe will be approximately 35-40% lighter than the OEM subframe and will be modular so you can swap from OEM mounted ends to FK Rod Ends or something similar. There will be no pics prior to purchase, this will be a build jig and go, so it's going to be a one time shot. A run of 5 and that will be the end unless future interests allow.

In the event the demand is there for another run, the 3d solidwork and design rights will be royalty to the original contributors and a royalty fee will be paid and distributed evenly to all parties involved in the first run.

It will take approximately 6 weeks to produce the parts from the time the last person signs up. I'll be asking for all setup, jig, 3D imaging, and raw material costs upfront. Somewhere around $300 per person for 5 people. I'll be asking for everyone to be paid 75% when the jig is complete and the conceptual frame is fitted on two chassi's which I currently have available. One is a stock 93RT-TT, the other is a 2nd Gen VR-4.

If you back out, the upfront R&D deposit is non refundable.

I will provide the actual production cost to all involved.

Additionally, I'll require a confidentiality and trade secrets agreement filled out and notarized if I'm abe to provide 3-D CNC images for future copyright.

That's pretty much it.

Soooo, Custom Rear Tubular Subframe

1) J. Fast

Looking/hoping for 4 more...