Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 396

Thread: It is time for my comeback... 2000-2500lb cornerweighed 3/S and 1000hp motor

  1. #51
    Member Not Verified
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Owner Since
    2003

    Posts
    2,062
    Thanks
    112
    Thanked 272 Times in 206 Posts
    V open face front. The original idea is provide a more direct loadpath diaginally from suspension to suspension while increasing headroom. X style usually ends up with a bar right next to your noggin. Ive nailed my head on a bar, and even with a helmet itll ring your bell. Its usually paired with a reverse v in the downbar area instead of x. Makes it a semi-node cage. I can draw you a quick diagram if needed.

  2. #52
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutme View Post
    V open face front. The original idea is provide a more direct loadpath diaginally from suspension to suspension while increasing headroom. X style usually ends up with a bar right next to your noggin. Ive nailed my head on a bar, and even with a helmet itll ring your bell. Its usually paired with a reverse v in the downbar area instead of x. Makes it a semi-node cage. I can draw you a quick diagram if needed.
    Yes, please do! I did some digging and found this design. Looks very close to what I'm after.


  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by mehrshadvr4 View Post
    i can't find any picture of the diffuser i saw on a r32 GTR but i saw on speed chanel that they were working on r32 gtr time attack car and there was a bumper made for that car the required cutting the bottom of the trunk to make it fit since it was since it was so high. not this but something similar to this. do you think this is possible and worth doing on a 3/s?
    http://www.tunersgroup.com/images/image2374.html
    Yes, it is.




    I have no doubt that something like this will be deployed on Jer's car as well.

    Looks great man! Keep on, keeping on. The racing season is just around the corner. (I have to get my ass in gear as well, so much to do)
    www.stickyvinylgraphics.com
    Custom Stickers & Graphics

    www.chumpcar.com
    Regional Series Promoter for the ChumpCar World Series

  4. #54
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    Nice, Erron! I freaking love your car.

    Good luck with your project, J.

    Jeremy

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

  5. #55
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Owner Since
    2005

    Posts
    459
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Damn Erron. that's a nice diffuse. did you make it yourself? are you selling any of them?
    Last edited by mehrshadvr4; 12-26-2011 at 12:47 PM.

  6. #56
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    That looks like one of the most effective diffusers I've seen on a 3s Erron. Other than removing part of the rear bumper was there anything else you had to remove/modify?

    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

  7. #57
    Thank you, gentlemen.

    The rear bumper is tube now, not sure what you'd have to cut on a stock bumper, probably quite a bit but I'm not sure. The plastic bumper I cut almost up to the license plate.

    The first pic you can see where it attaches to the gas tank shield. It's a hair over 12 degrees pitch. (12.32 measured) It's on the high side really, I hope it doesn't stall. I haven't tested it yet on the track only side roads with no real data what so ever, only speed tested for durability. That will come soon enough. It is adjustable down to 7 degrees. There are four 1/4" steel adjustable rods that it is fastened to. It's built from aluminum, Alumicor and the core is filled. It's coated with off the shelf rattle can truck bed liner.


    That's the only one, I don't plan on building another one except for Jers' car.

    Sorry Jer, don't mean to high-jack your thread!

    Edit: Total cost, about $70 in parts. I'd estimate 10 hours to build it, but there was lots of staring at it with beverage in hand.
    Last edited by Erron Spalsbury; 12-26-2011 at 04:33 PM.

  8. #58
    Banned Not Verified Blackmount's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Owner Since
    Mid-April 2011.

    Location
    Monroe WI
    Posts
    1,466
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
    Subscribed.

  9. #59
    I don't bite
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Southern IN
    Posts
    1,996
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 98 Times in 80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Spalsbury View Post
    Edit: Total cost, about $70 in parts. I'd estimate 10 hours to build it, but there was lots of staring at it with beverage in hand.
    That seems to take up most of my time on projects as well
    1992 Kilder Green VR4 - First 4G swap in a 3S. 2.0, auto, awd. 9.65 at 143mph. Now LS swapped. 8.52 at 162.

  10. #60
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,077
    Thanks
    649
    Thanked 451 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Spalsbury View Post

    Sorry Jer, don't mean to high-jack your thread!
    Our bad on that, I don't think he will mind too much. Your advice in my low time was worth a mint.


    Quote Originally Posted by Erron Spalsbury View Post
    Edit: Total cost, about $70 in parts. I'd estimate 10 hours to build it, but there was lots of staring at it with beverage in hand.
    I'd have to add a bit more to my build if I added "beer in hand time". Damn if I/we didn't catch problems that way though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering