Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IPS Has (NOT) Lost my Business

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    hard to keep everyone happy? sure. but what the forum is seeing here says a lot more than IPS's actions. from what I'M seeing (and this is just my opinion), IPS hasn't been a sponsor for a while (intentionally or not), the information posted by employees/owners there pertains to non-3/s related platforms, and the most detailed postings of late are those pertaining to 3kgtsl91's projects.

i've had two major orders with IPS this year. both were dragged out far longer than they should have been. both were treated as though the problem would have gone on indefinitely--had i not harassed IPS to get their shit together. in fact, the only reason i considered the second transaction with them was due to IPS having the quality which i felt was lacking in all of my other alternatives.

with this kind of service, there is, imho, clear room for a QUALITY competitor to offer similar parts at similar prices. 3sx would be a better alternative, but their 16g kit is (also imho) inferior to IPS's.

Fabberge Representative verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) 3kgtSL91's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanEboy5 View Post
    I wonder what Mike or Jeff would say about this response? If I was running IPS, you would seriously be disciplined! That is NOT customer service!
    you kidding right? what did i say wrong? i just said the position from being the owner of the shop as i look at it pretty much. What's the benefit for me in it? I never said that i will not make it right for him.
    Last edited by 3kgtSL91; 12-19-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 DanEboy5's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kgtSL91 View Post
    you kidding right? what did i say wrong? i just said the position from being the owner of the shop as i look at it pretty much. What's the benefit for me in it? I never said that i will not make it right for him.
    Hey Stas, I am not trying to piss ya off. But, saying why should I go out of my way if he's not going to come back to us for items was just wrong. I know your an honorable man and maybe you can shed some light to the powers to be.

I would think IPS would either hire some new staff, or... get creative like I mentioned earlier with the techs handling some of the sales. If your staff has an understanding in each department, the sky is the limit w/growth of the company.

Fabberge Representative verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) 3kgtSL91's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanEboy5 View Post
    Hey Stas, I am not trying to piss ya off. But, saying why should I go out of my way if he's not going to come back to us for items was just wrong. I know your an honorable man and maybe you can shed some light to the powers to be.

I would think IPS would either hire some new staff, or... get creative like I mentioned earlier with the techs handling some of the sales. If your staff has an understanding in each department, the sky is the limit w/growth of the company.
    there are a lot of things that can be improved at our shop and i admit it, and that i am working on, so hopefully by the beginning of next year we'll be improving a lot of the way we do things. and i am sorry i guess my post was interpreted wrong but being a business owner if a customer says that he is not coming back to me no matter what, it is less likely for me to make it up to him. i am not saying that i will not do that, i am just saying how i would feel. at least give me another chance is what i am saying.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 DanEboy5's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Well, if a customer rants about NOT coming back it's usually because they are very upset with how they have been treated. Earning their business is business management 101. Even if after you truly have tried to make it up to them, and they still won't come back, you have done your best and can hold your head high. I should get back on the Vette forums and see what chatter the guys have about IPS. I know the LS platforms is all the rage now... but the 3s guys don't have a lot of choices to go with nowadays.

Oh btw, good luck w/ getting them back on track! It takes a lot to get the whole staff on the same page!

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    starting a thread that you'll never buy from us again, leaves me no desire to try and make it up to you since even if i do ship it today, you are not coming back anyway.
    This

I'm not trying to bash you or anything, I just want to show IMO what you said wrong. I think there is some costumer service left to be desired there. I hope you guys get it worked out.

Edit: BTW I know you're the one that wants to stay in the 3s game so I do appreciate that.
    Last edited by green-lantern; 12-19-2011 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Forum User Feedback Score 0 AdamVR4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    AdamVR4, thanks for bringing this up to me, I already tried to contact Kadin but I haven't heard back from him yet. I have the pump in stock. Just waiting on him to call me back.
    Kadin says he hasn't received an email and he hasn't received/missed any calls...

Also this is not the story I heard from my sales guy either. He never promised that he is going to ship it out, he said he'll check if we had one in stock and than he would give him a quote for overnight shipping.
    When Kadin asked about over nighting the part on Friday, he says that your sales guy said, "we'll see what we can do"... Implying that yes, he would get back to Kadin with some kind of quote. The failure occurred when your sales guy never got back to Kadin and never shipped the pump.

Obviously both sides of the story is bias and you can't keep everyone happy but than again, starting a thread that you'll never buy from us again, leaves me no desire to try and make it up to you since even if i do ship it today, you are not coming back anyway. Obviously I'd still be interested in making it up to a customer since reputation is worth much more than an overnight shipping on an oil pump. No one is perfect and I admit that.
    I won't read into this as much as others because I don't blame you for feeling that way. I figured I was SOL regardless, so there was no reason to hold back my feelings.

IF you shipped the pump this afternoon, over night, as you said (PM), and Kadin receives it tomorrow, I can still probably complete his car before my vacation (of course I may have to take a day off from my actual job). I'm not going to lie, I'm going to be completely shocked if I've got an oil pump tomorrow.

Bottom line -- this thread never would have happened if your sales guy had made an effort to get back to Kadin.

If the pump arrives tomorrow, I'll delete this thread.
    '93 VR4 | 10.57 @ 135 on C16 | 11.29 @ 125 on 93 | ~3275 lbs

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Edit: BTW I know you're the one that wants to stay in the 3s game so I do appreciate that.
    Absolutely... And I genuinely feel bad for this thread. I've liked IPS a lot since 2005 and really want to continue being able to trust them.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Stas gave me a tracking # for the pump. It should be here @ 3 PM tomorrow...

I'd say the only mistake IPS made was not getting back to Kadin Friday and then the cryptic email today, but in IPS' defense, Kadin may not have done the best job of indicating the urgency of the situation. From my end, I couldn't tell if IPS even had the correct part in spite of them telling us they did, etc... Regardless, I was only getting bits of the story and I let my emotions get the best of me.

After chatting with Jeff for a while, I'd delete this thread right now if I could. Sorry IPS You'll definitely get my business in the future.
    Last edited by AdamVR4; 12-19-2011 at 09:24 PM.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVR4 View Post
    Stas gave me a tracking # for the pump. It should be here @ 3 PM tomorrow...

I'd say the only mistake IPS made was not getting back to Kadin Friday and then the cryptic email today, but in IPS' defense, Kadin may not have done the best job of indicating the urgency of the situation. From my end, I couldn't tell if IPS even had the correct part in spite of them telling us they did, etc... Regardless, I was only getting bits of the story and I let my emotions get the best of me.

After chatting with Jeff for a while, I'd delete this thread right now if I could. Sorry IPS You'll definitely get my business in the future.
    Adam, if you can add or replace your 1st post with this one. I can understand your frustration for sure and I hope everybody at IPS can too. I sure as hell let my emotions get the best of me from time to time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast