Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IPS Has (NOT) Lost my Business

Fabberge Representative verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    AdamVR4, thanks for bringing this up to me, I already tried to contact Kadin but I haven't heard back from him yet. I have the pump in stock. Just waiting on him to call me back.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTyla View Post
    It appears they are too busy changing a 1 of 16 New Zealand Green Pearl '99 VR-4 to Satin White to fulfill orders properly or honor returns.
    apparently we are...

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamVR4 View Post
    I'll never do business of any kind with IPS again.

I'm doing a 120K on a 97 VR4 for a local guy. For some reason, he ordered some of his OEM parts through IPS including his oil pump.

On Thursday night, I was ready to install the oil pump and found out it was for a 91-92.

Running out of time before I'll be out of town, Friday morning, the owner of the car calls IPS. They admit to sending him the wrong pump, tell him they have a 93+ pump and it will ship out with FedEx, over night, at 3 PM Friday afternoon.

Of course IPS failed.

This was the email they sent to the owner of the car TODAY:

Just pathetic. Thanks IPS. Now this car will live in my garage during my vacation reducing my ability to relax and forcing the owner to find alternative transportation.

Stas,
    You need to recognize the reputation for horrific customer service IPS has developed over the past several years. Why are there people that STILL don't have transmissions they ordered? Why, when I called you guys asking about my 5 speed, did the transmission suddenly appear? If I hadn't called when I did, would I still be waiting?

Fuck.
    Also this is not the story I heard from my sales guy either. He never promised that he is going to ship it out, he said he'll check if we had one in stock and than he would give him a quote for overnight shipping. Obviously both sides of the story is bias and you can't keep everyone happy but than again, starting a thread that you'll never buy from us again, leaves me no desire to try and make it up to you since even if i do ship it today, you are not coming back anyway. Obviously I'd still be interested in making it up to a customer since reputation is worth much more than an overnight shipping on an oil pump. No one is perfect and I admit that.
    Only thing I can say is that the person that did ship that stuff out is no longer with IPS, since I am back from overseas, I am the one who is doing shipping at this point because of this kind of things, but than again if I don't know what's going on, it's hard to keep everyone happy.

Relax, it's just rocket science!
    Owner Since
    Nov 2001

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 3kgtSL91 View Post
    apparently we are...
    Sorry, I kept my mouth shut as long as I could. Generally I perscribe to the "If you don't have anything nice to say" school of thought, but I almost shed a tear when I was told about the repaint.

SoSoCal verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTyla View Post
    Sorry, I kept my mouth shut as long as I could. Generally I perscribe to the "If you don't have anything nice to say" school of thought, but I almost shed a tear when I was told about the repaint.
    that is just stupid, that is such a rare nice green, im crying too.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I called today to see AGAIN where my black Friday order. was. I was told the AEM guages were ordered last Wednesday!!! WTF over??? Every year it gets a little worse with the orders. I support all of the big vendors with my indivisual parts needs. I honestly cannot see why it has come to this. Jeff has a thread, on the 'other' site, saying we (IPS) are not just interested in the LS powered cars. We are working on many different platforms and we haven't forgotten the 3s community (not exact quote). So if that is the case, then why are the 3s guys constantly complaining about slow orders? If I was Mike or Jeff, I would personally take some of the guys off the floor, and place them in sales until they get caught up. Personnel management and time management makes a successful business prosper! ...off the soap box...and that's my $.02

Owner Since

Thanks
    aem stuff we had to place a stocking order in order to offer that price

No sheep are safe tonight supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Obviously both sides of the story is bias and you can't keep everyone happy but than again, starting a thread that you'll never buy from us again, leaves me no desire to try and make it up to you since even if i do ship it today, you are not coming back anyway.
    That just convinced me not to order from you ever.

You're inclined to blow him off, just because he's pissed that you already blew him off...

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    aem stuff we had to place a stocking order in order to offer that price
    OK, I understand that. But, Black Friday was almost a month ago! Why does it take so long to actually place the order to AEM? It's a good thing I am in no major hurry for my items. But there are a lot of people waiting to get items to get the car back up and running.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Also this is not the story I heard from my sales guy either. He never promised that he is going to ship it out, he said he'll check if we had one in stock and than he would give him a quote for overnight shipping. Obviously both sides of the story is bias and you can't keep everyone happy but than again, starting a thread that you'll never buy from us again, leaves me no desire to try and make it up to you since even if i do ship it today, you are not coming back anyway. Obviously I'd still be interested in making it up to a customer since reputation is worth much more than an overnight shipping on an oil pump. No one is perfect and I admit that.
    Only thing I can say is that the person that did ship that stuff out is no longer with IPS, since I am back from overseas, I am the one who is doing shipping at this point because of this kind of things, but than again if I don't know what's going on, it's hard to keep everyone happy.
    I wonder what Mike or Jeff would say about this response? If I was running IPS, you would seriously be disciplined! That is NOT customer service!