Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: September 11th 10 Year Anniv

  1. #11
    Forum User Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts
    is Michelle Bachman and Rush Limbaugh calling 9/11 a blessing from god yet?

  2. #12
    Forum User verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    November 1999

    Location
    Rowlett
    Posts
    1,275
    Thanks
    455
    Thanked 93 Times in 64 Posts
    Crazy it has already been 10 years.

    I was 19 at the time. I remember freaking out because I new my sister worked near the towers. I couldn't get a hold of her all day due to the cell towers being flooded. She was thankfully running late that day and ended up stuck in traffic. She saw the whole thing from her car.

    -John

  3. #13
    Banned Not Verified Blackmount's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Owner Since
    Mid-April 2011.

    Location
    Monroe WI
    Posts
    1,466
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes2nd View Post
    is Michelle Bachman and Rush Limbaugh calling 9/11 a blessing from god yet?
    inappropriate.


    i was...8 years old i believe (homeschooled) my mother woke up me and my brother and showed us what was happening, and my two sisters right after the first plane hit, and we were all talking then all the sudden it was just like bam! and the 2nd plane hit...I cant say I remember are more stunning silence. everyone was speechless, didn't know what to think. I was scared about what was going to happen next.... Dad called from Germany asking what was going on cause he had no idea since everything he was watching was in German.... we all sat in front of the tv the whole day, not knowing what to think...... very scary day.... I will never forget a minuet of that day. I could write page after page about that...oh well.

  4. #14
    There will be Blood! verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1997

    Location
    In Sane!
    Posts
    4,677
    Thanks
    1,081
    Thanked 449 Times in 331 Posts
    Laying in bed with a leg in 17 pieces. Watching the news when it flashed over and caught it all right there and the screen. Sad day for sure. I thought it was a movie at first...

    x2 on inappropriate...

    Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

  5. #15
    Banned J. Fast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    2,711
    Thanks
    405
    Thanked 200 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmount View Post
    Sooo.....

    10 year anniversary is coming up for Sept. 11th

    I don't know about you, but I'm dropping my xbox controller, staying out of my garage, I'm going to forget about my political thoughts, my guilty pleasures, and I'm going to go out at 8:46 (7:46 my time) and I'm going to hang my American flag off my back porch of my apartment; and I'm going to remember the near 3000 people that lost their lives on that day, and the several hundred people who gave their lives tryig to save others.

    I was young, (19 now) but I remember that morning very well, I also remember after that day, America had united itself like no other time before; I feel like that unity is lost, and people are already starting to forget that day, and what happened and why. I want to hope on this 10 year anniversary, maybe I will see that unity again.

    I am very thankful and lucky no one in my family was involved in 9\11, but because of 911 I have had many friends and family fight for this country, some even die; and i hope that they will be remembered that they are\were out there for you fighting for us, risking their lives you, me, our families.

    for just one day, forget the conspiracy's, healthcare, Casey Anthony, video games, cars, your starbucks coffee, whatever might be your obsession or pleasure; and just remember what happened.

    RIP to the 2977 victims of 9\11.

    246 on air planes
    411 emergency workers
    125 at the pentagon
    2195 n the world trade center

    In my lease agreement, I was told no flags were allowed to hang off my back porch because of other cultures living in the complex. for this one day, I'm going to forget that, because it is no excuse when remembering a day such as that.

    please join me in remembering 9\11.
    You should fly the flag every day and not wait for a day of mourning to fly it. Flying a flag is an honorable thing. I fly my flag every day!

    Anyway, not to wind this thing down or piss folks off, there are a lot of mixed opinions about the war which began a decade ago from this attack. You'd think in ten years our country could figure out a solution.... kill em all, and lay it to rest. Guess not though because our soldiers are still dying and we've accumulated more US soldier deaths in afghanistan than persons killed in the 9/11 attacks themselves. There has been more bloodshed because of that incident than what was initially caused and there will be more.

    Anyway, when you fly the flag... do it the right way. It really upsets a lot of vets when a flag is not dispayed correctly.

  6. #16
    Here for the party Not Verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Canaan NH
    Posts
    1,710
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 106 Times in 87 Posts
    I remember it very clearly, I was 21. I worked in construction and was doing some painting that day. First reports were we were under attack and the pentagon had been hit. I remember thinking that if a country got our pentagon before we even knew we were at war, we must of lost. It was scary and I had a hard time working the rest of that day.

  7. #17
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Fast View Post
    You should fly the flag every day and not wait for a day of mourning to fly it. Flying a flag is an honorable thing. I fly my flag every day!
    Agreed, however he did note that in his lease no flags are allowed.

    It's surreal that 10 years have passed. I remember it vividly. I showed up at a clients house and he bursts out the door into the yard screaming "the world is on fire, the world is on fire". Obviously, I assumed we were all screwed, if indeed "the world is on fire". Went into his house and there I sat for the next several hours with a complete stranger watching the madness unfold.

    Jeremy

    Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

  8. #18
    There's is a bit of good in evryone verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    Agreed, however he did note that in his lease no flags are allowed.


    Jeremy
    Its your right, as a citizen of this country, to fly that flag. Who cares what the HOA says, they can suck a fat c*ck

  9. #19
    There's is a bit of good in evryone verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Posts
    237
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmount View Post
    In my lease agreement, I was told no flags were allowed to hang off my back porch because of other cultures living in the complex. for this one day, I'm going to forget that, because it is no excuse when remembering a day such as that.

    please join me in remembering 9\11.
    Who cares what ethnicity they are. They live in the United States of America. If they don't like it hope the next boat back to their country. Its disgusting that someone would violate your rights as a citizen of this country. I would fly it and deal with the consequences. The courts will only agree with you, its your RIGHT.

  10. #20
    Stuper Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Owner Since
    January 2003

    Posts
    1,108
    Thanks
    395
    Thanked 638 Times in 383 Posts
    This is not the place for that discussion. Start a thread if you want to talk about it further.

    Jeremy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering