Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Great turbo upgrade company for CHEAP!!!!!!!! MIDWEST TURBO CONNECTION

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sin'sVr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Thumbs up Great turbo upgrade company for CHEAP!!!!!!!! MIDWEST TURBO CONNECTION

LMAO, just got my thread deleted on 3si...for posting great turbo rebuild deals

OK, well, i was posting on 3si and got slapped like a redheaded step child for posting about a great deal on rebuilt turbos going from 9b's to 19t-hl's. So, anyways, i did a complete upgrade for around $800. Then, matt jumped me. JFAST and i were talking last night over some beers to see if anyone would be interested in these upgrades. Midwest turbo connections is an amazing company and hooks us up for a great price. The parts are not mitsubishi OEM, but they are from the uk. Great quality and service from DAve and Deborah. Best Ive ever seen and had. They will explain everything and make you actually understand how things work. Here is their site. Midwest Turbo Connection, Turbo Restoration, Turbo Upgrade, & Turbo Parts Sales 715-690-9262

I bought brand new chra 19T-hl's and the bearing housings were the wrong size(from a 3si member). So, i sent them to midwest and they took care of me. They bored my exhaust housings out to fit the large HL wheel, then they swapped all pieces to the bearing housings that I had my original 19T-L in. Cleaned them up and replaced my heat shields and viola!

ok, so for the HL shafts, compressor wheels, balancing it cost $555.22. Throw in the rebuild kits, @49.99 each(superback compressor wheels only) your still only at 655, using your existing chra housings, and then $250 to bore out your exhaust housings so 905. Srry, i forgot I used my new stuff that I already had so the bearings and everything I didnt have to pay for. Plus i had the compressor wheels already too.

I really believe in these guys and the old company that I sent my turbos thru FP performance kinda let me down. Dont get me wrong, they just left me feeling less than stellar. Midwest Turbo made me feel confident and comfortable with my decision. You can look at all the parts and all the cost for everything on their site and they will probably hook you up too if you mention my name and say your from 3sgto. I just grought my car to TOBZ performance yesterday and it is getting retuned and redynoed and i will have a comparitive chart from the 19T-L and the 19T-HL. These babies pull scarey hard so we shall see. All im doing is expressing my gratitude and excitement for a great company that is actually looking to give a great product at a NON PRICE GOUGING EXPENSE! I know there are some people that have been calling this LMI, but if I remember correctly, warren wasn't balancing the shafts. Dave and Deb are excellent customer service and just overall great people. I would definitly feel confident in their abilities and products.

Mike
    Last edited by Sin'sVr4; 08-17-2011 at 08:22 PM.

1/4 mile 11.80 @117mph. 551whp 641trq @ 26psi E85 tune, MTC 19T-HLs, forge 15psi spring wastegates, 780 PTE inj, 3SX Fuel loop, ss fuel lines, Engine built by Laniers Speed shop, block bored .060 w/ chromolly rings, weisco pistons, 3sx custom forged rods, forged crank, HKS DLI, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO wideband, prosport oil and boost guages, aeromotive 1000 FPR, Dejon blow thru twintakes, Walbro E85 400 w/ 3sx hotwire kit and custom an fitting fuel pump w/ STM filter to pump line, CXRacing FMIC, Megan Racing Aluminum radiator, IPS custom downpipe, Borla 3" exhaust,Greddy profec b spec II EBC, Blitz SS BOV,R1 Drilled slotted rotors, Drag DR-31 rims, RPS stage 4 unsprung clutch,

One fix at a time verified Feedback Score 4 (100%) TurboSinceBirth's Avatar
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Wow that got taken down fast. Maybe too many of the vendors complained since I don't think MTC is a supporting vendor over there.
    95 RT/TT Billet TD04s E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416/485, 3" FMIC, single small Krank vent, DR 3.5" downpipe and cat-back, DNP 02 housings, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCDBC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Spec 3+ clutch, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock motor 127k miles, stock drivetrain.

Banned Feedback Score 11 (100%) J. Fast's Avatar
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    Hahahaha... Here comes a 650ft lb 570hp 19t car on a dynojet at 23psi LOLZ. Put that in a pipe for $800 and smoke it Monet!

RTBOOST verified Feedback Score 11 (100%) Street_Chally73's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Cool, I actually just recently stumbled across them on eBay & figured I'd be giving them a try once I'm confident the rest of the car/engine can handle some bigger turbos. Thanks for giving your insight into the company & hopefully you'll have some numbers posted soon.
    '90 Toyota Celica GT Liftback..........................(X) (daily driver)
    '73 Dodge Challenger 340...............................(X)
    '91 Firestorm Red Stealth R/T TT.....................(X)

I don't bite Feedback Score 0 familyMAN's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I'm lost. The midwest site has a 9b to 19t/HL at $1620. (1220+400 for HL). How did you get it done for $900? Explain it again slowly to me; I think the AZ heat is getting to me
    1992 Kilder Green VR4 - First 4G swap in a 3S. 2.0, auto, awd. 9.65 at 143mph. Now LS swapped. 8.52 at 162.

Banned Feedback Score 11 (100%) J. Fast's Avatar
    Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    Alright... I'll say this once and try not to get any vendors super pissed... You don't have to pay here so chill... I told mike where to buy brand new 19T compressor wheels and housings with prebalanced HL shafts for $500. They come mated to new chira assembly's but do not come with the housings for the hotsides. Similar to what you would find at "Green Source" (hint: use google - "green source 19T-hl"). Take stock housing apart and send the turbine housings off to be machined to the HL wheel. Install prebuilt and balanced chira and compressor wheel cover that comes with the kit to your machined housing. Check endplay. Give it a spin and reset the clamp.

Kit comes with brand new 19T-HL compressor wheels, HL turbine hotside, compressor housing, seals, bearings, and chira = $500
    Machine work at either Midwest or Parker Turbo = $200
    Dynamic balancing = $50-75 ea turbo

I should also state, the kit is prebalanced before shipping. It was just reconfirmed in this case for quality control. No addtional balancing was actually required on Mikes current turbos he just did it so he could sleep at night.

Bolt on unpgraded turbo's in his case for under $900. Realistically, it should have been more like $800.

Car is on the dyno as we speak, last pull was 540 at the wheel & 605 torque at 22psi on E-85. Secret is in the HL wheel and the cut.
    Last edited by J. Fast; 08-18-2011 at 12:21 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J. Fast For This Useful Post:

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sin'sVr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    ohhhh ya

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    J.Fast:
    "Kit comes with brand new 19T-HL compressor wheels, HL turbine hotside, compressor housing, seals, bearings, and chira = $500"

Can you share where this can be had? Thank you.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin'sVr4 View Post
    LMAO, just got my thread deleted on 3si...for posting great turbo rebuild deals

OK, well, i was posting on 3si and got slapped like a redheaded step child for posting about a great deal on rebuilt turbos going from 9b's to 19t-hl's.
    That's what you get for posting on 3si.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    BTW he should start offering billet wheels.

I remember when he started out. He was offering some good deals but I didn’t want to mess with him until he proved himself a bit. Seems to be doing pretty well and I haven’t heard anything bad about him. I might have to give him some business before long.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast