Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: blizzard can SUCK IT!

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks

blizzard can SUCK IT!

DailyTech - Diablo III to be Online Only; Will Allow Players to Buy/Sell Loot for Cash

all i wanted was for D3 to be D2 with better graphics, increased depth, and aggressive farming/bot control.

blizzard responds by giving us WOW2; zero offline play.

i think i'm pretty much done owning any blizzard product ever again. last one i bought was WC3. i've watched them start charging for online play (WOW), require online registration before allowing ANY gameplay (SC2), kill off LAN (SC2), and this new development just takes the cake.

time to find something else. f**k you, blizzard. f**k you and the horse you rode in on.

VR-3747 :D Not Verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i can see your point. but at the end of the day, blizzard does make good games.
    rise and rise again until lambs become lions

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    USED to. activision would probably do the same thing to blizzard that EA has done to practically every developer it's bought out; except that blizzard is too big. so now, instead of killing off blizzard--blizzard simply becomes twisted & corrupted by activision.

there've been plenty of games i intentionally chose NOT to play, because i didn't approve of something the developer did. blizzard has decided to go down that path. sad for me, because i won't be able to recreate the same gaming joys that i'd had in years prior--but there will be other games. if nothing else, i'll have time to explore some games that i've never even tried before; like civilization.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Sounds like its going to be a more efficient version of what it use to be? I'm actually more excited to play it now that I have read that. Is it just the no offline mode you are upset about?

LW fears my posts Not Verified
    Owner Since
    1996, 1st Stealth TT; 2000, current TT

Thanks
    Hmm. So long as they don't charge you to play online, I don't care too much. I'm not a hardcore gamer like I was in the past though, I liked D1 and D2, but I probably won't even buy D3 unless I see it months later at a decent price.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaroth View Post
    Sounds like its going to be a more efficient version of what it use to be? I'm actually more excited to play it now that I have read that. Is it just the no offline mode you are upset about?
    "more efficient"? it's a giant sham which is going to make it impossible to find high-level gear without having to pay for it. i don't play games where i end up having to "buy" anything. i don't use xbox live; i don't play WOW. rather than BANNING bots and punishing people for openly advertising sales inside of the game (like the d2 servers are RIFE with) d3 promises to make the practice EVEN WORSE. and now it will be impossible to play offline, where you don't have to "SCRAMBLE LIKE MAD" to collect item drops from kills.

efficient? no. it's just WOW without the monthly fee. there is NOTHING to differentiate it from WOW now. epic fail.

Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Its not like WOW. You can not play an MMO single player in a private setting. D# can be played single player in a private game.

With d3 your character is stored on line. Your save content is online. If you want to play single player your game is still private. So you wont have to ""SCRAMBLE LIKE MAD" to collect item drops from kills".

According to Rob Pardo, executive producer of Diablo III, this was done mainly to combat the style of hacking present in previous versions of Diablo. "In both Diablo and especially in Diablo II, I think the intuition for a lot of people when they're playing the game is 'I want to make my character offline away from that scary battle net environment. And then once I have this powerful character, I'll jump online.' But the problem with that concept is we can't really detect if they're cheating. They might have the capability to hack their character, things like that, so at that point we can't really allow that character to be in the battle net environment. Then they're going to have to restart their character, which is exactly what happened in Diablo II, which was really unfortunate."

"Your character will be online on battle net the moment you start playing," said Pardo. "You can play a solo experience like you would in Diablo II, it's just your character is on Blizzard's servers and authenticated." This character can then hop into multiplayer games and trade items with others through battle net.
    Personally I do not care. I hated that in D2 my single player world was not persistent over a save. I hated that areas that were cleared would not stay clear, I hated that things left on the ground would be gone when you came back. Trying to play the game over multiple sessions to complete the story was a frustrating mess. I never completed it because I got tired of having to fight through places that I had been.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IPD View Post
    "more efficient"? it's a giant sham which is going to make it impossible to find high-level gear without having to pay for it. i don't play games where i end up having to "buy" anything. i don't use xbox live; i don't play WOW. rather than BANNING bots and punishing people for openly advertising sales inside of the game (like the d2 servers are RIFE with) d3 promises to make the practice EVEN WORSE. and now it will be impossible to play offline, where you don't have to "SCRAMBLE LIKE MAD" to collect item drops from kills.

efficient? no. it's just WOW without the monthly fee. there is NOTHING to differentiate it from WOW now. epic fail.
    Going to make it impossible to find high level gear? You mean instead of botting people are going to have to actually play to get gear? Sounds terrible...

Why would you have to spend actual money on anything? If you didn't spend money on it before why would you now? Items being sold for money is nothing new. It was in Diablo 2 right from the start. All blizzard did was make it safer for the consumer to do.

If you don't want to "scramble like mad" you just play in a private server by yourself...

You sound like somebody who is pissed about Diablo 3 that never actually played Diablo 2.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan92RTTT View Post
    Its not like WOW. You can not play an MMO single player in a private setting. D# can be played single player in a private game.

With d3 your character is stored on line. Your save content is online. If you want to play single player your game is still private. So you wont have to ""SCRAMBLE LIKE MAD" to collect item drops from kills".

Personally I do not care. I hated that in D2 my single player world was not persistent over a save. I hated that areas that were cleared would not stay clear, I hated that things left on the ground would be gone when you came back. Trying to play the game over multiple sessions to complete the story was a frustrating mess. I never completed it because I got tired of having to fight through places that I had been.
    alan, your biggest pet-peeve isn't going to be fixed by going online. just like in d2, areas you cleared are still swarming when you join a new server. bottom line is, drops won't be persistent (nor could they, given how much it would litter the area & clog servers); nor will monsters remain dead. none of that will be fixed by d3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaroth View Post
    Going to make it impossible to find high level gear? You mean instead of botting people are going to have to actually play to get gear? Sounds terrible...

Why would you have to spend actual money on anything? If you didn't spend money on it before why would you now? Items being sold for money is nothing new. It was in Diablo 2 right from the start. All blizzard did was make it safer for the consumer to do.

If you don't want to "scramble like mad" you just play in a private server by yourself...

You sound like somebody who is pissed about Diablo 3 that never actually played Diablo 2.
    you're misunderstanding me. i think this is going to make botting WORSE. blizzard is sanctioning it, which means it will become even MORE prevalent. it's possible that at times, bots on the servers would be nearly equal to actual human players on the servers.

i've played diablo2 extensively. in fact, i'll be playing it when i get home this evening (as i have been for the past week or so). the only thing i dislike about d2 is the chat spam from bots. at least with offline play, that's not a problem. and LAN play was awesome because you could multiplayer w/o the bs. blizzard has already decreed that LAN is dead, and now they want to kill offline play altogether.

so once again, f**k blizzard.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Mmmm....I'm still extremely excited bf3 and swtor will keep me company until their ACTUAL release date in four decades :P
    60% of the time, my car works every time.