Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Stealth and car shows.

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Dodge Stealth and car shows.

I just put Dodge stealth R/T TT in a recent car show. Big question for me was, What class to enter. I narrowed it down to three classes, import, Mopar and 80-90's cars. i could only pick one. I went with three other guys owning 3000GT's and they picked import. I decided on 80-90's cars. My car is imported but has Dodge on it and I really don't think Mopar fits a V-6 with twin turbo's.

Well I ended up winning my class and the three I came with went home empty handed. The import class was loaded with graet cars, so it was very difficult unlike mine which might have had 5 to 10 cars in it's class. The car show had 300+ cars so it was an honor to get anything.

let me know how other Stealth owners enter their cars.

Thanks
    Randall

Better than that "other" place Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) x2xtreme360's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Nice. You picked the right class. Mopar isn't the Stealth, because the Stealth isn't a Mopar.

Vacuum reduction, Powdercoated misc, cruise relocate, Evo9 BOV, Custom catch cans, Russell fuel filter, SS braided fuel lines, High flow fuel loop, Autogage fuel gauge, Catless DP, DNP Y-pipe, Fuel pump hotwire.

Keeping it real... Feedback Score 0 ChargerX3's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Oct. 2006

Thanks
    Way to find the loophole and pull off the WIN!

Owner Since

Thanks
    CarShow2011 034.jpgCarShow2011 032.jpgCarShow2011 031.jpg
    Two of the other 3000gt's that were with me would have kicked my but, one being an original 99 with 65K miles on it and the other, a true show car with body kit and chromed up engine and stereo/video work. I'll post some pictures if I can.

Monogamous Gigolo verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) 2fnloud's Avatar
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargerX3 View Post
    Way to find the loophole and pull off the WIN!
    The car club I rolled with did this all the time, we would make sure that we were not competing against each other if possible.

3SWiki.org Feedback Score 0 stealthify's Avatar
    Owner Since
    10+ Years

Thanks
    I've been faced with the same choice at the car shows I've entered with my Stealth, and while just about every show has had an 'import' category, the best '90s' category seems to be a bit more rare (but of course very applicable to these cars).

On the other hand, I have taken home the first place trophy for the 'Domestics Wild' category before, which was a surprise because it was one of those shows where they categorized your car automatically. I suppose for those that don't really know our cars, we're a bit of a chameleon.

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Is that Frank's Yellow 3000GT?
    I've been entered in the Dodge class, Domestic class and Mitsubishi class in shows before. I usually just tell the judges to put me in what ever class they think I'll do best in. 2 years ago, at Extreme Autofest, I was put in the Dodge class and didn't place, this year, they put me in the Mitsubishi class and I placed 2nd. Who knows??

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

Owner Since

Thanks
    CarShow2011 035.jpgCarShow2011 036.jpgCarShow2011 037.jpg
    Yes, that is Franks 3000Gt. Nice custom car. His car brought the foot traffic to our group for sure. The 99' belongs to J-Grove from 3si, another great example of our cars. People who know these cars were impressed but to the average Joe his car might have not gotten the votes it deserved. All and all some 300 cars were there for the public to see. 30 classes ranging from rat rods to best projects and everything in between. The 80'-90's class was my best fit so that's what I entered it in. Not another Stealth in the show although I had asked my friend from work, who happens to own my old 95' Stealth R/T, to show his car backed out after declaring his car not ready to show.

So, one car show, one award....batting a 1000.

Randall

Owner Since

Thanks
    I know of 3 people who went to a car show. The all 3 won.

Stealth = best mopar
    94 VR4 = best 90's
    spyder = best import

Most powerful 13T car in the world @501awhp, PTE 780CC injectors, AFPR, E85, Greddy Profec B, 3.5" Granatelli MAF, MAFT, SS Headers and O2 housings front, 3SX downpipe, CRX racing FMIC, Dejon intake pipes, Ground Controls, Maximal adjustable rear control arms, Maximal TC Brace, Poly front and rear mounts, Vacuum Reduction, EGR block off plate, Hot Wired Walbro 255 and inline Walbro 255, Southbend stage 3 clutch, Slotted and vented rotors, SAFCII, Turbo XS BOV, 3SX FP hotwire, Seatle Short Shifter, Jackhammer timing gears: Best 1/4 mile 12.33 at 114.9 mph 1.79 60ft.

3SWiki.org Feedback Score 0 stealthify's Avatar
    Owner Since
    10+ Years

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vr3.9 View Post
    I know of 3 people who went to a car show. The all 3 won.

Stealth = best mopar
    94 VR4 = best 90's
    spyder = best import
    Those judges have good taste.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast