Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carbon Fiber Drive Shafts

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have the PST 1 piece CF full and the front half on my other car(ACPT from Dynamic Racing).

No vibration in any form.

BOTH make a HUGE difference on drivability. I won't own a 3s without one.

Its better all around, no more 40lbs rotating mass, your car is 20% better across the board. No more worry about driveshaft bushings... no more worry about it breaking, lower revs when pulling away from a stop light/sign. Quicker acceleration, lighter car...

Whats not to love? If you can get one used, get one. If you can afford the 1000$ i think its a great bang for your buck.

Daily driver? A must? Nothing is a must. Just you'll enjoy driving the car by 15-20%.

I can pop my clutch at like 800 rpm and it takes off.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hey Mikes2nd, I think I tried to buy your carbon fiber shaft from you at one time many many years ago.
    Well I went with a used two piece ACPT. In my opinion, getting rid of that lobro joint was the best part of having the carbon shaft.

Keeping it real...
    Owner Since
    Oct. 2006

Thanks
    I have had my PST 1 piece since I bought my red TT a while back. It has always vibrated and rotating it doesnt solve the issue. I also swapped it into my other stealth and the only thing that changed was the mph at which it vibrates. People say its motor mounts, but mine are in good/great condition. I even had the thing balanced again just to make sure. I now have stock drive shafts in both of my cars. Yes, the car has more off the line power with the CFDS, but once you get out of 1st you hardly notice a difference. High speed crusing is also much better with the stock shaft. If you are looking to drag race then its a good idea, but lighter wheels might be an even better option IMO.

One day....it will be on 4 wheels. supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    anyone tried taking them to a shop and seeing about balancing?
    Building a House, Car Mods on hold!
    1996 GTO, Owner since 2003.

Wow, are they $1400 now? I seem to recall that they were $900 on PST's original group buy way back in the day. I love mine

Forum User
    Owner Since
    oct.2007...

Thanks
    hey,i kno this is an old thread but i was just wondering if anyone has recently purchased a pst 1piece cfds and had any vibration issues?

-matt

DR-750 club Not Verified
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

One fix at a time verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I've ran about 4 of them both ACPT and PST in 1-piece and 2-piece varieties. I've never had an issue with vibration as long as the rest of my drivetrain parts weren't worn. I've had motor mounts, rear diff bushings, excessive diff backlash/preload, transfercase slop especially in the tailshaft bearing, and worn splines all cause vibration. Once those things were fixed there was zero issues. The stock driveshaft and carrier bearings just mask necessary maintenance that needs to be done on every single 3S. Anyone that has vibration issues doesn't understand exactly why and blames it on the shaft itself. Having it rebalanced again should be enough to conclude something is wrong with your car.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TurboSinceBirth For This Useful Post:

Forum User
    Owner Since
    oct.2007...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FeaRpb View Post
    Yeah I came across that but I wasnt sure if it was a full length 1 peice shaft or just the front section

Forum User
    Owner Since
    oct.2007...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboSinceBirth View Post
    I've ran about 4 of them both ACPT and PST in 1-piece and 2-piece varieties. I've never had an issue with vibration as long as the rest of my drivetrain parts weren't worn. I've had motor mounts, rear diff bushings, excessive diff backlash/preload, transfercase slop especially in the tailshaft bearing, and worn splines all cause vibration. Once those things were fixed there was zero issues. The stock driveshaft and carrier bearings just mask necessary maintenance that needs to be done on every single 3S. Anyone that has vibration issues doesn't understand exactly why and blames it on the shaft itself. Having it rebalanced again should be enough to conclude something is wrong with your car.
    Yea that's more what I was thinking too,that the vibration issue was more related to mileage&maintenance