Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Radiator fitment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    3/S Enthusist Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Aftermarket Radiator fitment

While I've got everything else apart fixing the smoking issues I'm planning on swapping out radiators as well since the last radiator got damaged while it was out of the car for around 3 years .

I originally purchased a koyo 2" core radiator, but I just can't seem to make it fit with the stock fans and the stock intercooler hosing so I'm looking at other alternatives with smaller cores.

The primary one that I'm considering is the PWR since it's only 1.5" core and seems to be pretty well liked around here. The only concern that I have is if it'll clear the solid part of the intercooler piping that mounts right underneath the drivers side bracket for the radiator. Does anybody on here happen to have the PWR radiator with stock fans and the stock intercooler piping?

I've also considered the mitismoto since it's so much cheaper, but I'm a little worried about both the quality and the fitment because I've been reading a lot of threads were people have had problems with them not fitting!
    Mods ------------------------- 1991 Mitsubishi 3000gt VR4---------------My website
    If you live in the Delaware, Maryland, or Virginia area check out our 3si chapter forum

Owner Since

Thanks
    I just ordered the PWR radiator so I'll let you guys know how it works!

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You need to either mod the stock upper brackets or get ones from Maximal or 3SX to fit the 2" cores like the Koyo and Mitsimoto. Easy to do, takes like 2 minutes to cut the rubber isolator and done. As for the IC piping, I just pushed on it and done.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anyonebutme View Post
    You need to either mod the stock upper brackets or get ones from Maximal or 3SX to fit the 2" cores like the Koyo and Mitsimoto. Easy to do, takes like 2 minutes to cut the rubber isolator and done. As for the IC piping, I just pushed on it and done.
    The problem is the part of the IC piping that was an issue was the solid metal pipe running right around the drivers side front (short of changing the mounting brackets it doesn't flex)!

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Weird, I didn't have much trouble mounting my koyo. I had to grind the stud sticking out of the AC hose flange then popped it in. It was a bitch to use the stock mounts but like anyone said you can cut the rubber some and it fits pretty good. I don't remember any issues with the stock IC pipes.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Member verified
    Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Get the 3SX one. It fits properly and comes with mounting brackets to properly hold it in place and also uses the stock fans.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveVR4 View Post
    Get the 3SX one. It fits properly and comes with mounting brackets to properly hold it in place and also uses the stock fans.
    I actually just ordered a PWR this afternoon. From what I've read I think it should fit ok (or at least close enough that I can modify things to make it fit!

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveVR4 View Post
    I just heard back from IPS and apparently they can no longer get the PWR since it's no longer shipped to the US, so which one of your radiators were you talking about? I've already tried a 2" Koyo that had major fitment issues with the stock intercooler system, so will yours fit different in this regard?

Also what have you guys heard about the mitsimoto radiators? I've several mixed replies where some people love them and others don't like them!

Does anybody on here have one with stock fans and the stock intercooler piping?
    Last edited by andyvr4; 07-29-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Owner Since

Thanks
    So there aren't any fitment issues between the front A/C bolts and the stock intercooler piping with this one like what I had with the koyo?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast