Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make your own website

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Roo fuckers anonymous verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Question How to make your own website

Is it easy/hard? What are some inside tips? My first thought was to buy a Dummies Guide to Creating your own Website. Any help would be great.

Scotty

Rent/host a server...learn HTML or get dreamweaver...make pages. Just remember that the home page has to be saved as index.html
    "This is a ridiculous cause and effect suggestion."
    "Yeah, kind of like the sun rising and then morning happening, eh? What are they trying to pull on us?"

"If I wanted to hear from an asshole, I'd fart into a microphone."

"It's easy. Take the last f*ck, and let it go, and thus you shall have no more f*cks to give."

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Somebody did give you a computer for your B-day huh?

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

you can find some easy website builder programs.. where you basically drag and click where you want stuff i think..

Roo fuckers anonymous verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentOblivious View Post
    Rent/host a server...learn HTML or get dreamweaver...make pages. Just remember that the home page has to be saved as index.html
    See that really doesn't make sense to me.... the last bit anyways. lol

Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Somebody did give you a computer for your B-day huh?
    I've had a pooter for years Paulie. A nice big shiny Mac and it's better than any pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Danube_3KGT View Post
    you can find some easy website builder programs.. where you basically drag and click where you want stuff i think..
    Ok, nice. Thank you. I'll check that out.

Scotty

Here for the party Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Interesting. I dont know shit about making a website either. Was just thinking about this last night, I want to make a random shit site.

Never finishes any verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    First off stay away from those damn website builder programs. The code they generate is shit and it always looks like crap in the end. A real developer would not be caught dead using Dreamweaver and a newbie should stay the hell away from it and learn the core language first.

Start by going here: HTML Tutorial

Download notepad++ Notepad++ Home Great tool for editing all types of files.

A basic webpage is nothing more that a bunch of text "HTML" files that the browser reads. You can create them right on your computer using any notepad/textpad program, save them on your desktop, and open them on your browser.

Start with the W3 Schools tutorials. The start you off small and build you up. plus their tutorials have a built in interface that lets you type code on the webpage and see how it will be displayed.

once you have the basic HTML down, move on to the CSS tutorials, than the Javascript tutorials.

Want to get real fancy move onto learning PHP "Server Side Scripting"and SQL which will allow connection to a database and store information, but you will need to run LAMP "Linux,Apache,MySQL,PHP" to work with it all. You can download the environment and run it on any machine for free. XAMPP is my personal choice as it bundles them all together into one but also includes an Email server and FTP server.

Check it out on Youtube!!

93 Stealth TT - The Stealth Project

Renegade Tech Works ECS Controller on Intrax Springs
    Chrome ECU
    Hybrid 13g's
    EVO 560cc Injectors
    Spec Stage 3 clutch
    Ninja Performance Output shaft & Input spool
    Ninja Performance Solid Tensioner & Gates racing T-Belt
    CX Racing Dual Core FMIC
    Megan SS Exhaust
    Fidanza Cam Gears and Clear Covers
    3rd Gen Lifters
    HKS BOV
    K&N FIPK
    Maximal High flow converter
    Walbro FP & FuelLab FPR
    Maximal and Seattle Solid Mounts
    All -6an Lines
    Custom -6AN coolant neck lines
    AWS/ABS/Cruise Delete
    MP Rear Control Arms
    SS Brake Lines
    99 Front Conversion
    2nd gen Rear Bumper
    99 Combat Wing
    Complete interior LED Swap
    Skillard Fuel channel
    Oohnoo FPR Bracket
    More to Come......

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DrGonzo For This Useful Post:

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    November 1999

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
    First off stay away from those damn website builder programs. The code they generate is shit and it always looks like crap in the end. A real developer would not be caught dead using Dreamweaver and a newbie should stay the hell away from it and learn the core language first.

Start by going here: HTML Tutorial

Download notepad++ Notepad++ Home Great tool for editing all types of files.

A basic webpage is nothing more that a bunch of text "HTML" files that the browser reads. You can create them right on your computer using any notepad/textpad program, save them on your desktop, and open them on your browser.

Start with the W3 Schools tutorials. The start you off small and build you up. plus their tutorials have a built in interface that lets you type code on the webpage and see how it will be displayed.

once you have the basic HTML down, move on to the CSS tutorials, than the Javascript tutorials.

Want to get real fancy move onto learning PHP "Server Side Scripting"and SQL which will allow connection to a database and store information, but you will need to run LAMP "Linux,Apache,MySQL,PHP" to work with it all. You can download the environment and run it on any machine for free. XAMPP is my personal choice as it bundles them all together into one but also includes an Email server and FTP server.
    While I agree with everything you said with the exception "a real developer would not be caught dead using Dreamweaver"

Really?

While yes, I can see your point to some extent, especially from a beginner's standpoint, but for more experienced dreamweaver is a great tool.

If anything just for the easy of setting up a nice color coded system in the source view. Any site I am coding I'm working within dreamweaver, all of my CSS pages are nice an color coded for ease of finding the line I'm looking for months later. Also a person can follow behind me and easily figure out what I did and why. Yes all the code is the same, but it is nice when you have your comments in a different color instead of all black in notepad where you need to pray that the person used tabs correctly.

-John

Never finishes any verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Groove View Post
    While I agree with everything you said with the exception "a real developer would not be caught dead using Dreamweaver"

Really?

While yes, I can see your point to some extent, especially from a beginner's standpoint, but for more experienced dreamweaver is a great tool.

If anything just for the easy of setting up a nice color coded system in the source view. Any site I am coding I'm working within dreamweaver, all of my CSS pages are nice an color coded for ease of finding the line I'm looking for months later. Also a person can follow behind me and easily figure out what I did and why. Yes all the code is the same, but it is nice when you have your comments in a different color instead of all black in notepad where you need to pray that the person used tabs correctly.

-John
    Notepad++ does the same thing for color coding without the hefty price tag. Plus Notepad++ works with 99% of the languages out there.

Granted Dreamweaver has a lot of features packed into it like FTP, Check-in/Check-out, Auto building CSS, build in web service and drop down functions listing but it was all derived from already existing open source projects/software. I've been Developing/programming now for 12+ years and have yet to meet one core developer that uses Dreamweaver and that is usually cause their all a bunch on Unix/Linux guys who have gotten used to working with open source platforms.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DrGonzo For This Useful Post:

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    November 1999

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGonzo View Post
    Notepad++ does the same thing for color coding without the hefty price tag. Plus Notepad++ works with 99% of the languages out there.

Granted Dreamweaver has a lot of features packed into it like FTP, Check-in/Check-out, Auto building CSS, build in web service and drop down functions listing but it was all derived from already existing open source projects/software. I've been Developing/programming now for 12+ years and have yet to meet one core developer that uses Dreamweaver and that is usually cause their all a bunch on Unix/Linux guys who have gotten used to working with open source platforms.
    That is true, now that I think about it all of our in house programers use notepad++ and 2/3rds of them are on Linux.

I'm a sr. graphic designer, so with living all things Adobe for all my life just about Dreamweaver is just par for the course for me and my team.

Also...I'm on a Mac...runs away and hides. Textwrangler is supposed to be similar to Notepad++ for Mac, but I haven't tried it.

In your original post I miss read notepad++ and just notepad. I learned to code HTML and C++ in notepad, but that is something I never want to go through again. haha

-John