Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NG11 Location

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans@GZP View Post
    So, you want me to start building a real Transformer 3000GT for the NG that tows a half Transformer 3000GT trailer? I hope I have enough time
    That'd be the shit.

I'll be at the next NG; I'm the surprise.

Part of the "Flipped Your Car Club" verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    So, you want me to start building a real Transformer 3000GT for the NG that tows a half Transformer 3000GT trailer? I hope I have enough time
    Hans, dear god.

Make a transformer 3000GT. I'll help.

IMO, the surprise is going to be Ray dragging against an airplane. (and losing.)
    1992 Stealth RT/TT
    Condition: Totaled(In Process of Rebuild.)

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hans transformers anything is bad ass(que tattoo on the back of my arm) and i can't wait..... i love suprises

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    As long as it transforms into a BBQ grille and beer dispenser.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    ^^agreed. I <3 beer.

11 sec FWD! (old name: 94atxvr2)
    Owner Since
    2004 ****Click my home page for videos*****

Thanks
    I can't wait for info. I finally have a vr4 and cant wait to go to NG11. Indy will be great for me in ohio, but i am flexible.

92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto = 10.61@127.8 (1.4 60ft)
    94 3000gt SL 8:1TT 5spd getrag = 11.87@123 (1.8 60ft)
    91 3000gt VR4 13gs = 11.61@115 (1.59 60ft)

JNS Engineering verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've wanted to go for years. How about a little further west

Mod list (scroll down the page)
    JNS Engineering has your Spyders covered (and uncovered too!!)

NG Chairperson(aka boss) supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Can you guys do me a huge favor and not talk about all the places you want it to be? Here's the thing, and I'm NOT trying to be bitchy, so please don't take it that way... I wanted to step down a few years ago. I was talked out of it. This year I asked them to give me one more chance because I wasn't happy with some things that happened (what? There's water on the track?). They graciously agreed to let me. The reason I hesitate each year is because of my personal commitments. 19 months ago I bought a retail store. It's 2500 sq ft and has about 20 employees. We do over a half million each year. It's a big business for one person to run... And yes, I have people to help me, but in this economy it requires A LOT of attention. And it's not just time there... It's time paying the bills, ordering, etc. Ok, enough boring you with that. The NG... When we're about a month out, it requires at least 40 hours per week of my time. Then I take 10 days off to make it happen, and usually a couple of days a few weeks later to finish it all up and get ready for the next year. It's crazy the amount of time that goes into it. This is NOT a complaint. I swear to you, it's not. I've asked for this remember.

Here's the thing... With that type of commitment already, the NG can't move too far from me. When it was in Memphis, we were dealing with my server going down... And I mean DOWN. Crashed. Big. Lots of time and money to get it up and limping, while I was 14 hours away. I was incredibly torn between continuing on to Memphis and turning around to go back to Detroit. I can't do that again... I can't be that far away. I love the NG, and I love the people, but every year it's hard to leave. It takes me 80 hrs to prep the store for me to be gone, then an hour a day dealing with emails and stuff for it during the NG... If you do the math, that means the week before NG is 80 hours at the shop and 40 hours of NG stuff, not to mention what Alan has to get done.

This is probably a lot of detail that you didn't need, but I wanted everyone to understand why I ask you to please not debate the location... I'd love to move it out west, but I can't. If someone else wants to take it over for 2012 and move it, then I'm certainly open to the idea of giving it up. But when I hear the great debate I know I'm going to disappoint people and that's really hard for me... I'm a girl - I get emotional. Get over it. And help by not making me feel bad, if you can, please....

That's all. Sorry for unnecessary details.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hey lori, i was only at the 2010 NG for like 3 days, and from what i seen you did an awesome job. I think we can all respect how busy schedules get in the way believe me... so keep doing what your doing and you will be fine!!!! theres track on the water lol from what i seen and heard from you there were alot of stupid people that werent willing to work with us but thats the world we live in and we just have to grin and bear it....

so from me and my wife THANKS IT WAS A BLAST..... and if you ever need any type of help i am always down to help, this community has turned me into a better person so i will do anything i can to give back to that community and make it better in any way!!!!
    Last edited by Boomer3000; 09-11-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Awww, e-hugs for Lori. I hope everything works out the way you want it this year.
    '92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT - Aug. 2012 COTM