Thread: Heads up on street brakes + discount + $50

Better than that "other" place Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) x2xtreme360's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

Heads up on street brakes + discount + $50

Just wanted to let everyone know who's looking for ECONOMY street brakes for every day driving, I just paid $170 for all four corners PLUS got a $50 gift certificate on a future $100 order from Advance... which is 50% off, so not a bad deal for under $200.

From Advance, I bought:

Beck Arnley 080-2604 Rear rotors for $53.98
    Wearever Silver brake pads front and rear for $19.98
    AND a pair of 3 ton jack stands (to make the order over $100 and as a little gift) for $29.99

Enter code JL15 for 15% off AND a $50 gift certificate on a future $100+ order.
    TOTAL after tax $95.

Alternatively you can enter BIG35 for $35 off $85+ (this brings the order to $68, but you don't get the $50 certificate).

I bought the front rotors from RockAuto because they were the exact same ones Advance was selling except they're having a closeout for $26 PER rotor (ONLY 9 left) as opposed to the $55 Advance is selling them for. Even with the shipping I saved $25, so it just made sense.

Beck Arnley 080-2673 Front rotors $49.58
    $27.96 shipping
    -$2.48 discount
    TOTAL shipped $75.06

GRAND total ~$170
    (~$140 if you use the BIG35 discount instead)

Just thought I'd share in case anyone was shopping for brakes. I thought I got a pretty good deal for name brand brakes AND a pair of 3 ton jack stands.
    Last edited by x2xtreme360; 07-20-2011 at 01:38 AM.

Vacuum reduction, Powdercoated misc, cruise relocate, Evo9 BOV, Custom catch cans, Russell fuel filter, SS braided fuel lines, High flow fuel loop, Autogage fuel gauge, Catless DP, DNP Y-pipe, Fuel pump hotwire.

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0 HLxDrummer's Avatar
    Owner Since
    ~2006

Thanks
    Nice deal! I wish I could get just the jack stands for $30. Thanks for the heads up.

Better than that "other" place Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) x2xtreme360's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You can, but if you want a discount you will need to buy more. I just happened to have been wanting and needing a pair of jack stands for a long time, and I basically got them for free.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 7 (100%) mb3000's Avatar
    Owner Since
    '09

Thanks
    Thanks for the post up xtreme, I've been feeling the urge to replace my ricer front rotors for quite some time.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Thought I'd follow up. Got everything today. Install went smooth as butter. Old, shitty drilled rotors came off, pads came out, and new hardware went in. Everything is 100% exact OEM fit, which I know some people dread getting the wrong size brakes with these cars. Got everything together and went out to bed them. Did about 7 60MPH pulls with hard braking down to ~15MPH, and topped it off with a gentle cruise back to the house to cool them off. Barely got any brake fade from the hard braking sessions, rotors weren't smoking when I got home, everything is finally QUIET. The pads have the factory wear indicators on them, so that's a huge plus.

Overall, for the price I paid for the brakes ~$115+shipping, they're perfect for street and everyday driving.