Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Roughest looking 3S

LW fears my posts Not Verified
    Owner Since
    1996, 1st Stealth TT; 2000, current TT

Thanks
    Back in 2004, I took a job that was 30 miles away from my condo. 60 miles a day, 5 days a week... I was racking up miles on my Stealth faster than I ever had. So I started looking for a DD that I knew I could work on easily. Found a 97 Eclipse Spyder with a blown engine that I repaired, but what most don't know is that my father was also looking for a DD for me. (Unfortunately however, he doesn't know jack about cars.) So he calls me over to his house about a month before I found the Spyder, says he has something to show me.

He saw in the paper that they were having a police auto auction, and he went down to look at what they had. He happens to spy a white 92 Stealth ES. Wasn't allowed to start it (no key anyway) or look at it long, but decides to buy it and gets it for $700. It was about $600 too much. I don't have any pics of the car anymore, unless there may have been some posted on the other site a long time ago, but when I gave it a serious lookover, I found a variety of problems. The front bumper had been in an accident, and was missing a few good size chunks of plastic from in front of the pop ups. One wheel was bent and warped severely. The interior was pretty rancid, a window was broken so water had gotten in and rotted. The window had been broken due to bullets. Yep, that's right. Three bullets were found in the car, I'm guessing two had gone through the window, one had gone through the sheet metal in the driver side rear and all were still in the car under the carpet.

Car had last been inspected in 98. I changed the oil, fixed the ignition problems it had (had to yank out a hacked up old crappy AM alarm system) and started it. Most godawful lifter tick I've ever heard started, but soon it was joined by the equally thrilling sound of spun bearings. Oh, almost forgot, at one point there had been a fire underneath the hood, and it still showed charred black crap all over.

My dad knows how to pick em.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since
    oh five

Thanks
    that is a little rough. but at least she's a non turbo..and really texting and driving.. at least you weren't too ashamed to admit it. half a thumb up!

_isiah

awhh, you did it!//oheay fuck you
    _isiah

-Driftus Maximus- Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yeah I don't text anymore... just update my facebook status! Lol.

But really I don't and I could swap all the parts but then it would look like a crayon box threw up on the car!
    1st place NG12 - Drags FWD 3S. 16.764 @ 83.88mph
    2nd place NG13 - Drags FWD 3S. 18.862 @ 75.62mph (with spun bearing)

'92 Stealth ES
    '95 Stealth R/T
    '93 3000GT VR4

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    If I posted pics of the Stealth you guys would cringe. She's in sad shape. If I ever get a whole weekend off I might start redoing stuff on her. I'll chronicle the resto if/when I do it.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since
    '09

Thanks
    Everyone knows the "chip" out of my front bumper, it makes the entire car look like hell.

That's from having weak structure due to cutting/hacking for fmic + a semi blowing a tire @ 60mph