Thread: The OFFICIAL Bar and Grill forum's Bar and Grill thread! Let's talk food and drink!

Forum User
    Owner Since
    Before 3Si.

Thanks

The OFFICIAL Bar and Grill forum's Bar and Grill thread! Let's talk food and drink!

I love to cook and entertain as I also know a lot of you do, so let's hear about some of your kitchen concoctions and new kitchen hardware!

A couple weeks ago I bought an electric Cuisinart Pressure Cooker from Williams Sonoma and this weekend, I finally got to test it.

I made some country style pork ribs that were rubbed and then made an apple butter bbq sauce that was fantastic. I will tell you, for my first experience with a pressure cooker, this thing made it really fast and really easy. I highly recommend it!

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Where're the plates, Mike?
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

LW fears my posts Not Verified
    Owner Since
    1996, 1st Stealth TT; 2000, current TT

Thanks
    Well, not too much direction for this thread yet, so instead of talking about foods, I'll post a recipe of mine. This comes courtesy of an old coworker of mine at Fidelity. He was a huge seafood fan as am I, and living on the coast, he had a ton of great seafood recipes. This one is for crab cakes.

Ingredients: 3/4 cup mayonaise, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 T whole grained mustard, 1 large slightly beaten egg, 1 lb lump crabmeat.

Preheat oven to 400 and oil a baking sheet. Whisk mayonaise, sour cream, mustard, and egg together and combine well. Fold in crab. Makes 8-10 small crab cakes, transfer to baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Place under preheated broiler until lightly brown on top. Remove and let stand 3 minutes, then eat and enjoy.

(For those who know crab cakes, there is no binder in this recipe. To get away with that, you need good quality fresh crab meat.) Otherwise, using some Ritz crackers will help keep your crab cakes stuck together. Also, sometimes I do half a lb of crab and half a lb of lobster meat. If you mix and cook it right, it'll rival any crab cake you've ever had in a restaurant.

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by UTRacerX9 View Post
    Well, not too much direction for this thread yet, so instead of talking about foods, I'll post a recipe of mine. This comes courtesy of an old coworker of mine at Fidelity. He was a huge seafood fan as am I, and living on the coast, he had a ton of great seafood recipes. This one is for crab cakes.

Ingredients: 3/4 cup mayonaise, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 T whole grained mustard, 1 large slightly beaten egg, 1 lb lump crabmeat.

Preheat oven to 400 and oil a baking sheet. Whisk mayonaise, sour cream, mustard, and egg together and combine well. Fold in crab. Makes 8-10 small crab cakes, transfer to baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Place under preheated broiler until lightly brown on top. Remove and let stand 3 minutes, then eat and enjoy.

(For those who know crab cakes, there is no binder in this recipe. To get away with that, you need good quality fresh crab meat.) Otherwise, using some Ritz crackers will help keep your crab cakes stuck together. Also, sometimes I do half a lb of crab and half a lb of lobster meat. If you mix and cook it right, it'll rival any crab cake you've ever had in a restaurant.
    I know people who swear the mustard "screws everything up".

None of them are E.C., though, so.

That recipe will cook, for sure.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    This is a good gumbo recipe. I have changed mine some but this is how I started. I don't use oysters or crawdads though.

What are you waiting for? If a guitar player can make gumbo, you can make gumbo. They'll let anyone in a grocery store! This recipe feeds 8-12 people

2 cups flour
    1 1/2 cups oil
    1 chicken, cooked and de-boned
    1 gallon of chicken stock
    2 large onions
    2 large green peppers
    1/2 cup LIQUID SUMMER HOT SAUCE
    1 pound smoked sausage
    2 medium zucchini
    1 pound okra
    1 pound of shrimp
    1 pint of oysters
    1 pound of crawdads

Make a roux: mix 2 cups of flour into 1 1/2 cups hot oil. Cook on high, stirring constantly until brown. Add the chicken, chicken stock, onions, and green peppers. Bring to a boil, then simmer down. Add salt to taste and 1/2 cup of . . . (drum roll) BILL WHARTON'S LIQUID SUMMER HOT SAUCE. Slice and add: 1 pound of smoked sausage, 2 medium zucchini, and 1 pound of okra. When the okra is done, bring the gumbo to a rolling boil and add shrimp, oysters, and crawdads. Cook for 3 minutes, or until shrimp are just barely cooked. Serve over rice and splash with more Liquid Summer Hot Sauce.
    GUMBO

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    I posted a thread awhile back about food.

My concoction consists of chicken manrinated in a mixture of bar b que sauce of choice, worchestichire (sp?) sauce, soy sauce, teryaki sauce, and seasoned with garlic pepper.

Also in the mix are Kluski style noodles and white rice.

I start browning the chicken as the rice and noodles start cooking and at a certain interval I add a red pepper that I have sliced thin and some mushrooms. After they simmer for a bit I add a mix that you can buy at the store, usually end up being a General Tso sauce mix.

I let that simmer for a few minutes and by that time the noodles and rice are done.

At completion I mix the chicken with the noodles and rice in one big container and chow down.

I posted this pic before but here is what it looks like when done.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

I Kill Threads verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    If you like dark beer, porter specifically, Fuller's London Porter is an excellent one. Rated the second best Porter by ratebeer.com and my personal favorite.
    1992 3000GT VR-4
    DR650s,Denso 550 injectors, Walbro 255, Emanage Blue,3SX Cat Eliminator Downpipe,Short Shifter,DNP Hardpipe Kit,HKS SSQV,Underdrive pulley,Carbotech slotted rotors,RPS Lightweight Flywheel, Maximal Solid Mounts

Man vs 3/S verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Ginger glazed roasted ribs.

3 lbs of country style short ribs (boneless), place them in the oven at 400 degrees for an hour on a baking sheet, add salt and pepper.

45 minutes into the roast, brown a third cup of onions in a small pan with oil then add a third cup apricot preserves and a quarter cup sriracha sauce with 1 tbsp of soy and some minced garlic. Add honey if you want sweeter glaze. After the hour, glaze the ribs with a brush in 5 minute intervals until the glaze is gone. They are incredible.
    93 R/T - Modded, Full Suspension, Full Exhaust, Quaife Diff, Turbo brakes, Alpine/Boston Sound One of 25
    98 VR-4 - Billet 13t's, Downpipe, Blitz EBC, Ohlins R/T coil overs, SCE center differential, SCE oil pan, Pampena braced trans, TEC Rear Strut Bar, Custom Front Strut Bar, Camber Arms, Alum Driveshaft, 2" Koyo, Maximal oil cooler, SAFC2, Defi Gauges, RC 550's, Supra Pump, Skillard Splitter, Hardpipes, XYZ 14" front brakes/Carbotech, 255 Dunlop Z2's, AMR 18x9's, Alpine/Infinity/JL Sound. One of 13

3SNG15 Best overall

"I explode 1 piece rotors" -- ABM --
    Runs 12's (12.98's!!!!!!)
    My Garage