Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Couple pics-Deft racing 575 CF hood

  1. #1
    Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    long island, ny
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Couple pics-Deft racing 575 CF hood

    been meaning to put up some pics of this bad boy, my red carbon fiber deft racing 575 hood. washed my car up today and snapped off a couple pics



  2. #2
    1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Owner Since
    Birth

    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,254
    Thanks
    654
    Thanked 459 Times in 354 Posts
    I like it, looks like it fits pretty well. I've always liked that style scoop.

    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

  3. #3
    Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1996

    Location
    Key Largo, FL
    Posts
    1,059
    Thanks
    155
    Thanked 199 Times in 129 Posts
    You're lucky that it fits so well, mine fits so poorly, the starter at the NG drags asked if my hood was closed all the way.


    2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

    Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

  4. #4
    Banned verified Feedback Score 0 ictponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Owosso, MI
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts
    I wish I would have bought the CF option, mine had what looked to be spray paint primer (came off just from rubbing it) and has slight imperfections throughout the entire surface. Not a big fan of fiberglass since then. Your hood looks awesome though!

  5. #5
    Forum User verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) MADMarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    I'm liking how well it fits. I have seen pics of other guys (cough Tom cough) who have a/m hoods and too many don't line up well enough. You just made me more confident when I go to order one in a hundred years
    60% of the time, my car works every time.

  6. #6
    Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Owner Since

    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by my923ksl View Post
    been meaning to put up some pics of this bad boy, my red carbon fiber deft racing 575 hood. washed my car up today and snapped off a couple pics


    Wow, thanks for posting, I always love to see them on installed! Your car looks beautiful!

    Green, thank you for the compliment!

    Tom, congrats on your show car wins! It's always nice to see the Deft Racing 575 hood and our VLS on such a beautiful car winning trophies!

    ICT, yes, FG option comes unfished, and a painter is meant to block out and prep the hood.. it is definitely not finished out like the carbon hood is. Not being finished like the CF hood is the major reason it is so much cheaper. You're right though, it is a spray primer (I personally dont know of a nother method to apply primer evenly but Im sure not a paint guy ).

    Marc, let me know in a hundred years when you're ready to order, my son will hook you up ha!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to deftspyder For This Useful Post:


  8. #7
    Monogamous Gigolo verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) 2fnloud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    October 2009

    Location
    Ithaca, Mi.
    Posts
    2,794
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    614
    Thanked 192 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ictponder View Post
    I wish I would have bought the CF option, mine had what looked to be spray paint primer (came off just from rubbing it) and has slight imperfections throughout the entire surface. Not a big fan of fiberglass since then. Your hood looks awesome though!
    You wanting to sell your hood?

  9. #8
    The Panda Not Verified Feedback Score 0 vr4tune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    01/11/06

    Location
    Washougal WA/Portland OR
    Posts
    726
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
    Nice now get the rear hatch to match.

    Ported heads, IPS 2mm oversized valves, Delta 264/272 cams, 3SX High rev valve springs, 3SX cam gears,
    Merkel 6g72 3.5L BILLET crank stroker (going in this summer), 3sx poly motor mounts
    IPS EvoIII turbo kit, HKS SSQV bov, ETS anodized FMIC, AEM intake filters, Tanabe Turbo Back Concept G Blue Exhaust,
    HKS DLI, Ultra spark plug wires, Denso iridium IK24 spark plugs,
    JSPEC trans, Ultimate Performance short throw shifter, Spec carbon twin disk clutch, PST aluminum 2 piece drive shaft,
    Denso Supra fuel pump, RC 750cc fuel injectors, AEM Fuel pressure regulator,
    AEM wideband & boost gauge, AEM EMS in speed density,
    Addco sway bars, DBA 4000 drilled & slotted rotors, Enkei PF01 18x9 +45, BFGoodrich g-froce KDW 245/40/R18

  10. #9
    Forum User verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) MADMarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deftspyder View Post

    Marc, let me know in a hundred years when you're ready to order, my son will hook you up ha!
    lol sounds like a plan!

  11. #10
    Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    long island, ny
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deftspyder View Post
    Wow, thanks for posting, I always love to see them on installed! Your car looks beautiful!

    Green, thank you for the compliment!

    Tom, congrats on your show car wins! It's always nice to see the Deft Racing 575 hood and our VLS on such a beautiful car winning trophies!

    ICT, yes, FG option comes unfished, and a painter is meant to block out and prep the hood.. it is definitely not finished out like the carbon hood is. Not being finished like the CF hood is the major reason it is so much cheaper. You're right though, it is a spray primer (I personally dont know of a nother method to apply primer evenly but Im sure not a paint guy ).

    Marc, let me know in a hundred years when you're ready to order, my son will hook you up ha!
    thanks for all the help getting me squared away with this,the hood fits like it's oem by far the best fitting aftermarket hood i've ever seen

    Quote Originally Posted by vr4tune View Post
    Nice now get the rear hatch to match.
    if there was a red carbon option i'd buy one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering