Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3dtv

Here for the party Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

3dtv

Anyone set up with it yet ? Thinking about it? I want it soo bad but there isnt a lot of content yet. I was in Best Buy and checked one out they had setup, it was amazing. Supposedly the PS3 can provide 3D, anybody know anything about that ?

Not A DSM verified
    Owner Since
    June 2006

Thanks
    I seriously believe that it's a fad and I have no interest. Until it works without the glasses I don't think it will ever catch on.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Have you looked at a nice setup ? I would definitely deal with the glasses to watch certain things like, movies, sports, and play video games. COD would be nuts.

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    I seriously believe that it's a fad and I have no interest. Until it works without the glasses I don't think it will ever catch on.
    I agree 100%. 3d is a definite fad. I'm not going to sit in my home wearing ridiculous glasses just to see 3d. I wont even go to a theater and do it.

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

The technology needs to be better. I wish it was something you could do without glasses. It's novel in it's own way but I don't think it's as practical as it should be. I do want to try the Nintendo 3DS thought. 3D without the glasses.

Not A DSM verified
    Owner Since
    June 2006

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyB View Post
    Have you looked at a nice setup ? I would definitely deal with the glasses to watch certain things like, movies, sports, and play video games. COD would be nuts.
    Yep, I've demoed various systems. Like Brian said, it's a novelty. It's kind of neat at first but it's NOT as dramatic as you're thinking. Mostly it's adds a slight amount of depth. I firmly believe that it will play itself out just like it has countless times before. I would say save your money and wait for the technology to mature and the price to come down if you JUST have to have it. However, I would say to spend the extra money on a better and bigger T.V. than something with 3D. You're money will go to better use.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    I agree 100%. 3d is a definite fad. I'm not going to sit in my home wearing ridiculous glasses just to see 3d. I wont even go to a theater and do it.
    I went and saw Avatar in 3D and it was interesting to see the technology in action but the glasses kill the experience. I won't bother with it again.

Lord Master Smacktard supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    Same here - sure there's a ton more technology behind in than the last any of the other times that the fad had come back around (ala Jaws 3D, etc.) but to me it's a pure Hollywood gimmick used to drum up ticket sells for an otherwise lackluster movie. My dislike of it only grows when I see movies that weren't even filmed using 3D cameras which are then bastardized to achieve the effect (Alice in Wonderland for example). They just don't seem quite the same - and I don't think it's a placebo effect as I didn't even know 3D camera's hadn't been used to film AiW until after the fact. Compared to Avatar, it just felt flat.

Personally I hope it's stays a fad - I'm just not sold on the idea. I'll take a good story and characters over carnival tricks any day of the week.

Not A DSM verified
    Owner Since
    June 2006

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    Personally I hope it's stays a fad - I'm just not sold on the idea. I'll take a good story and characters over carnival tricks any day of the week.
    And that's exactly how I felt about Avatar. It was a horrible movie and it's perfect example of why I hate awards shows. It won how many awards? And it was not a good movie at all. Then again, the public are usually lemmings and they eat the fluff up. I hope that 3D stays a fad as well.

Owner Since

Thanks
    I guess I am in the minority then, I thought Avatar was a good movie.

Not A DSM verified
    Owner Since
    June 2006

Thanks
    It was entertaining, but I wouldn't call it a good movie. I love Tremors, but that doesn't mean it's a good movie.