Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My NG11 Personal Thanks

NG Chairperson(aka boss) supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks

My NG11 Personal Thanks

First and foremost, thank you to the greatest Committee!! Alan, Bob, and Peggy - you guys are terrific. I said it at the banquet, but I'll say it again. Alan really stepped up this year and helped me with the last-minute stuff. He even created the decals himself and printed them, saving me the work of doing the hang tags. He also helped a lot with registration and questions, printing the different materials, and of course the on-site stuff. Then when I woke up sick on Sunday, he took great care of me, stopping frequently on the way home and doing whatever he could once we got here to make sure I rested and got better. Bob stepped up and did everything he was asked to and then some. And when I needed a break (I didn't even know at the time that I was getting sick), he stepped right up and took the initiative. He also managed to pull together the slide show AND tally votes in the amount of time that it takes us to tally the votes alone. Unbelievable!! Peggy is my right hand... I'm going to miss her at the events. She and I can be working on totally separate projects and know exactly what the other needs and when they need it. We just work that way... She makes sure everything gets done and pitches in everywhere she can. I'm not sure what I'll do without her...

Thanks to all of our sponsors who continue to offer their support and make the NG happen. 3SX was our title sponsor (again!) - they've sponsored EVERY National Gathering!! Morgan's Motorsports was our Road Course Sponsor, 3SGTO.org was AutoCross, IPS Motorsports sponsored the Pace Lap, Maximal Performance sponsored the drag races, Xccelerated Performance Automotive sponsored the Car Show (and even threw in some gorgeous weather for it!), and Ground Zero Performance sponsored our banquet (which was AMAZING this year!). We had associate sponsors this year, too, that included DuTTch and Spydergirl (thanks for being there in spirit!), 3000GT/Stealth Supply, Broomfield Racing, and Mid-America Customs. Thanks to all the sponsors for putting your faith in us.

Thanks to all the car show judges!! They were kept secret and always will be. The judges volunteer their time, going through the cars all week long and making their notes. I'm not sure how they do it, but they do. So thank you to all of them for donating their time and talents.

Thanks to Levi Bailey and Chris Patterson for our AutoCross design and execution. I can never thank you guys enough. Thanks to all those volunteers who stayed after the road course to set up the AutoCross event, and who showed up early to lay flour because it was too windy on Wednesday. You guys made it easier for me this year, but also selflessly gave of your time to make sure that everyone had a great time on Thursday.

Once again, a huge thanks to Traci who comes through for us year after year with one great t-shirt design after another. She tirelessly designs, edits, and makes sure they're perfect before we go to print with them. Thanks so much, Traci!!

Thanks to all the people who continually checked on me to make sure there wasn't anything I needed... Thanks to Lindsay and Scott Johnson for use of a jacket and umbrella when I was freezing and wet during AutoCross, and to Chris Patterson who made sure I was hydrated by bringing me water. Thanks to everyone who asked if I needed a break or what they could do to help, and to everyone who jumped in when I asked them to lead a caravan at the last second, lift something heavy for me (Bobby), help me get something set up, or just offer a hug when I was exhausted and needed it. Thanks to Scott Johnson (again) for stepping up and helping Bob with his car when it broke on drags... And thanks to everyone on Saturday night who made me feel welcome and part of the gang. I had such an awesome time this year. St Louis - you're always far kinder to me than I deserve. I had so much fun with you guys this year. Thanks for all your support over the years - you've been my biggest (and probably most vocal) supporters, as well as some of the nicest people I've ever known.

Thanks to Kolby for helping us out at the banquet, and for always walking up to me and asking what he could do to help me. He's such a doll!!

Most of all, thanks to all of you who attended this year. You made it an unbelievable year, and one the entire Committee is really proud of. Thanks for having faith in me when I didn't have it in myself. I truly felt I was the wrong person for the job under the current circumstances, but you had faith in me. Thanks for the opportunity to do this again and again. I sure hope you don't regret it!!

I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch. I don't think I could possibly thank everyone. Just know that I appreciate every little thing that people do for all of us. All the offers of help, the support, the kind words... Eric Watters, Ben Heuser, and John Harbert - you guys will never know what an impact your words had on my final decision to stay.

Enough emotional gratitude. I can't wait to do this again next year! Is it time yet????

NOW YOU DRINK.
    Last edited by Lori; 07-02-2011 at 08:59 AM.
    2022 National Gathering Reunion

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lori For This Useful Post:

Thermal Engineer- Mmbr Since:8/2005 verified
    Owner Since
    6/2005

Thanks
    I will be there!

'92 3000GT Base ATX converted to MTX - Parted Out
    '91 Stealth ES MTX - Fastest NA FWD at NG11 Drags - SOLD
    '91 Stealth RT/TT Check out my blog
    '10 Jetta TDI MTX - 6 speed: 50MPG Highway
    Rest In Peace, My Brother SGT. R. Evans Taylor: Apr 23 '83 - Oct 14 '11

Class of Jan. 2004 Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2003-2011

Thanks

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex3000gt View Post
    I will be there!

Me too,

After I kissed my wife the first thing I told her was "I have to go next year."

I have a deeper level of respect for my car just how she is. I am rethinking my goals of what I want out of this car in the end.

A HUGE "Thank you" for our NG committee for all that you did to make NG11 awesome.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Thanks again Lori, Bob, Peggy and all those who've helped for putting in all the hard work year round to make this happen!
    '92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT - Aug. 2012 COTM

Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Man View Post
    Thanks again Lori, Bob, Peggy and all those who've helped for putting in all the hard work year round to make this happen!
    ...... um .......

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alan92RTTT For This Useful Post:

I'm Kind Of A Big Deal
    Owner Since

Thanks
    ... and Alan!
    Circa 2005... Oh my, how far I've come
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilie@GZP View Post
    gear wrenches = wrench with the spinny thing inside of the circle part?
    Current:
    2004 ML500 - Mommy Mobile
    1996 Ram 2500 V10 - Tow Vehicle
    1991 Stealth R/T Twin Turbo - Pink Parts, Billet GZP 747's
    1995 3000GT VR-4 - lawn gnome
    1999 3000GT SL - 7,436 miles
    1995 3000GT Spyder - garage ornament

FOR SALE:
    1995 3000GT Spyder VR-4 Red, 80k miles

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    thanks, all!

lori, i'm sending you a PM about something that may happen next year. alan, can i get a change to my username?

Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    pm me

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    thanks Lori and the comity including Alan ! Had a great time again this year except for the breakage! Can't wait for next year. Like I said one of the best organized, ran shows I go to every year.