Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: 4-bolt 6G72 Stroker block and stock 4-bolt block

  1. #21
    One fix at a time verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,158
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts
    95 RT/TT Billet TD04s E70, DW1000cc injectors, ARC-2 with 92mm maf, 3SX fuel rail loop, hotwired Walbro 416/485, 3" FMIC, single small Krank vent, DR 3.5" downpipe and cat-back, DNP 02 housings, Hallman Pro MBC, BlackStealth LCDBC, AEM wideband, AEM oil pressure, Apexi S1 coilovers with SCE EVO 8/9 adapters, 3SX adjustable control arms, Spec 3+ clutch, Maximal solids/3SX poly motor mounts, Setrab custom SMOC, stock motor 127k miles, stock drivetrain.

  2. #22
    One fix at a time verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,158
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts
    Price drop.

  3. #23
    One fix at a time verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,158
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts
    Offers people.

  4. #24
    One fix at a time verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,158
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts

  5. #25
    One fix at a time verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,158
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts

  6. #26
    One fix at a time verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,158
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts
    Make me an offer. I'm purchasing another 3S for parts so I might even take a lowball.

  7. #27
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Albany, OH
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    So what exactly would I need to do to use this block? was it a problem with the copper or is there an issue with the block where the copper goes?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

    "I never knew I could drive like that. I was going faster than I've ever gone before, and yet, it all seemed to be happening in slow motion. I was seeing three and four moves ahead, weaving in and out of lanes like an Olympic skier on a gold medal run. I knew I was challenging the very laws of physics."

  8. #28
    One fix at a time verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,158
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gs1000kat View Post
    So what exactly would I need to do to use this block? was it a problem with the copper or is there an issue with the block where the copper goes?

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

    All you have to do is replace the copper wire. I'm not exactly sure how to go about getting it out since it's smashed from torquing the heads down and they're in there super tight. You'd probably need a pick or something. I never got the specs from the machine shop but I believe the previous owner had a 0.035" cut into the block for a 0.038" copper wire. Trevor thinks that the end gap was too big which caused the heads not to seal. He uses SS wire for his o-rings and a SCE copper head gasket with hylomar spray I believe. It's holding 35-36 psi on his GTX42R turbo so far. Between the $300 OEM gasket set and labor for replacing the copper wire I wasn't willing to give it a shot again without sending the block to Ray or having someone that knows what they're doing replace the copper wire. Multiple members have gotten a MLS head gasket and copper o-ring to work, but either Trevor's setup or stock would be my choice imo. I guess I'm just gun shy by all of this because it was part of the reason for ruining my continuation of my build besides the $5k extra in paint/bodywork. All the DSM guys extensively use copper o-rings with MLS head gaskets to run more boost sometimes even o-ringing the head too, but they also don't have weaker coolant channels by the intake valve that causes the heads to flex.

    From there all you'd have to do is buy the rotating assembly whether you decided to go with a stroker or forged 3.1L build because the bore on this block was 3.1L. It was formerly a GT-Pro 3.1L fully built motor o-ringed and everything since the late 90s. It had spun a bearing when the last owner had the car so I decide to upgrade it because I needed a new crank anyways.

  9. #29
    One fix at a time verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2004

    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,158
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 57 Times in 49 Posts

  10. #30
    Member verified
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2001

    Location
    Albany, OH
    Posts
    497
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboSinceBirth View Post
    All you have to do is replace the copper wire. I'm not exactly sure how to go about getting it out since it's smashed from torquing the heads down and they're in there super tight. You'd probably need a pick or something. I never got the specs from the machine shop but I believe the previous owner had a 0.035" cut into the block for a 0.038" copper wire. Trevor thinks that the end gap was too big which caused the heads not to seal. He uses SS wire for his o-rings and a SCE copper head gasket with hylomar spray I believe. It's holding 35-36 psi on his GTX42R turbo so far. Between the $300 OEM gasket set and labor for replacing the copper wire I wasn't willing to give it a shot again without sending the block to Ray or having someone that knows what they're doing replace the copper wire. Multiple members have gotten a MLS head gasket and copper o-ring to work, but either Trevor's setup or stock would be my choice imo. I guess I'm just gun shy by all of this because it was part of the reason for ruining my continuation of my build besides the $5k extra in paint/bodywork. All the DSM guys extensively use copper o-rings with MLS head gaskets to run more boost sometimes even o-ringing the head too, but they also don't have weaker coolant channels by the intake valve that causes the heads to flex.

    From there all you'd have to do is buy the rotating assembly whether you decided to go with a stroker or forged 3.1L build because the bore on this block was 3.1L. It was formerly a GT-Pro 3.1L fully built motor o-ringed and everything since the late 90s. It had spun a bearing when the last owner had the car so I decide to upgrade it because I needed a new crank anyways.
    Thanks for the info and sorry for the late response. Tyring to get some things sold.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering