Page 412 of 424 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,120 of 4239

Thread: Hello and welcome to 3sgto.org

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    hello, long time fan of the 3/S platform, and finally have one of my own! 1996 3000GT VR-4 conversion. Excited to learn more!

Limited/New User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    hi i like cars

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I’m Ryan from Charlotte. Been a stealth or 3000gt owner for 14 years and counting. I’ve been to few ng’s but none recently.

Owner Since
    Looking to purchase

Thanks
    I'm Neal Craig from Western NC. I am looking at possibly getting a 3000GT as a daily driver until I graduate college in May of this year. Thanks!

Forum User Feedback Score 0 CleanSOHC3/s's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hello,

Name's Logan I live in Toledo Ohio and daily drive a Pearl white 98 3000gt base model.

Owner Since
    March 24, 2019

Thanks
    Hello everyone, my name is Steven and I'm new to the 3S community and automotive ownership as a whole. I figured I'd create an account after seeing the production numbers post from a few years ago. I have a 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base that was originally Glacier White Pearl. I'm still a year and a half out from a driver's license (still 14) but I'm excited to join the car community! I've ran a car show for the past 3 years known as 'Firewheelz' in the Texas area and met some awesome owners. I'd love to meet all of you in the coming months and years as I expand my car collection!

Owner Since

Thanks
    Hey there! Organizing a Group Buy for some cool new products! PM inbound as soon as I get approved.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Hello everyone, I'm George. I live in the Inland Empire in California and I have a base 95 3000GT as my daily.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Nice Video

Owner Since

Thanks
    Hi everyone. Bought a brand new vr4 in 1993 only for it to be stolen from me at work in 1996.
    I just bought my 2nd vr4 about a month ago. The body and interior are 9/10, low mileage one owner car. The engine jumped time and ruined the valves but the pistons are perfect. I just picked up my heads from the machine shop and plan to start the re assembly tomorrow.

My cousin has had his since 1993 also and I’ve been his mechanic and tuner for his larger turbo setup so I can say one think positive about myself. I definitely do know my way around these cars with a lot of experience. And I know most of the secrets that most mechanics don’t know. Thanks to always coming on these forums and just reading as a guest page after page of knowledge. But refused to join till I actually owned another vr4. So here I am.

It wasn’t easy finding the car for me. All and I mean all of the turbo cars I looked at were either beat to hell by kids (no offense to the younger people up here. I had my first vr4 when I was in 11th grade) but anyway these cars where either knocking, ticking, or synchro grinding into 4 out of 5 gears. And even cars on their last leg were pulling in 10grand. So I decided that I was only gunna concentrate of the body,paint, undercarriage, and interior. The car had to be a first generation vr4 with absolutely no rust, no dents, clean carfax, good paint, and excellent interior. The engine and transmission could be toast for all I cared but the body had to look like it was garaged most of its life. My cap was 15k running and 10k not running but with an engine and transmission with matching numbers. I wanted a bone stock engine but rebuilt and mods were not a deal breaker but my offer would be highest if the car was bone stock.
    So once I set some ground rules about what I wanted to buy. I started looking harder, and all over the country, I even went as far as San Diego to check out a car that unfortunately wasn’t how the seller made it look. I guess he thought that since I came cross country that I wasn’t leaving without the car. I made my offer he made his and unfortunately we parted ways without doing business.
    About 5 weeks ago Craigslist Sarasota a listing piped up for a 92 vr4 black body and interior looked beautiful on the computer pictures and the car was even more beautiful in person. Low mileage, one owner with literally every single sale and service document ever generated for the car. Always garaged everything serviced by the dealership. He bought a brand new 5 speed that was nos from ips a few years ago and had it installed. So about 6 weeks ago he had the slave cylinder replaced and requested that the dealership technician inspect his timing belt because he was coming up on 5 years but only 20k on the belt and components. So the dealership inspected it and told him it was good and send him on his way. 5 miles away from the dealership on his way home the car backfired and stalled. When he started it back up it ran real rough. Wouldn’t idle but wouldn’t stall. Lots of valvetrain noise and vibration. At that point he said he had enough. He never started it again because he didn’t want to do further damage,flatbed it to his house and put it up for sale. He was asking for $7500 but we settled on $6000 my 23 year search was finally over as I found the car for me.

After I paid him for the car I started it up and drove it onto my trailer and when I got it home I drove it into my garage. The next morning I pulled all the timing covers to notice that the crankshaft timing mark was about 5 teeth out if phase and all 4 cam gears still lined up perfectly. I found one of the upper timing cover bolt collars laying st the bottom of the oil pump kinda nicked. If I had to guess I would say the technician who inspected the timing belt dropped one of the timing cover bolt collar insert down into the timing compartment and I guess it got kicked around till it got between the crank gear and the belt itself because there is a little section of the belt that looks like it recently nicked on something. So after a leak down test I determined that a valve job, new head gaskets, head bolts, oem timing components (tensioner,water pump, etc) and a Gates racing belt on some 3sx adjustable cam gears degrees to true TDC because of the new heads height better to be safe then sorry. Some new fluids. A new air compressor and 3 cans of the old school CFC 12 refrigerant should be enough to make my car purr again. The mods that my car came with
    Cx racing FMIC
    Walbro 255 Hot wired
    Act stage 2 clutch
    Defi bf series 60mm gauges in the stock pods
    AEM digital wideband on the pillar
    Turbo timer
    KN cold air intake
    Genuine Hks Bov
    Borla catback

Mods my cousin gave me
    Blitz SBC color SE boost controller
    Apexi neo reflashed with the correct firmware
    Maf translator
    3.5 GM maf sensor
    450cc injectors

Mods I bought:
    3sx adjustable cam gears
    3sx clear cam covers
    Gates racing timing belt
    Powder coated plenum service
    Powder coated valve cover service
    4 new stock size tires

So that’s my story. Thank you for reading it. Yes it took a while but I finally found the right vr4 for me and I could not be happier!!!

Page 412 of 424 FirstFirst ... 312362402410411412413414422 ... LastLast