Page 312 of 424 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 4239

Thread: Hello and welcome to 3sgto.org

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hello after spending the last year just reading posts on this site I have finally made an account. I bought my 1992 Stealth (R/T TT black) back in October of 2005. I was 17 at the time and I had previously worked on DSM's. After building a few DSM's I decided it was time to buy the car I had always wanted. I found the car in Monroeville at the time it had 120,000 miles and was 100% stock. The car itself was in excellent shape, no dings or dents. Interior was flawless and I paid $7,100. I drove the car for about a year and the water pump started to leak ( It was time for the 120k service ). When I started the service I found that the front turbo was blowing oil. Well I thought time for forced upgrades. I had already been putting money away for performance parts so what a better time than now. That was the time IPS had just developed there single turbo kit. Well long story short ( after spending right around $15k on parts from them ) I waited a little longer than 3 years for parts from IPS ( I have my story about that on the "other site" ). I eventually sent what little parts I received back to them. After that time life came along and I didn't have time to put the car back together or motivation I was pretty upset as anyone could imagine. But now I'm finally going to start rebuilding and I've been without the car this long I can wait and make sure I have everything powder coated that I want. Being as I don't have money for a forged motor ( Our Son is 1 and our Daughter is due in July) now I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do about turbos as I sold the stock ones way back when. But anyway my car is still in great shape so I want to get the ole girl back together and finally enjoy it.

Some of my DSM's include, 1997 Talon AWD that was my daily while my stealth was apart. It ran consistent 11.8's. Stock 7 bolt, DSM Link, Front mount, small 16g and a 5 deg clip on the hot side, 550's. Sold it back in 2011.
    1992 GSX. Link, 3076, all the supporting mods. Ran 11.2's I only ran her a few times and was never able to work and getting traction. Sold in 2007
    Those were my fun ones. I have also owned stock 95 Talon AWD, and a 1999 GSX. I built a 1992 Talon for my buddy. It was just a evo3 16g car. He ran high 12's with it.

That's about it I can say just reading on this forum is so much nicer than the "other site".

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Is that Monroeville, PA that you bought your car? Another SWPAer?

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yes Sir bought the car in Monroeville, PA and I live in Baldwin, PA (suburb of Pittsburgh).

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    Welcome

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hi! I recently picked up a 92 Stealth TT. It had sat for a while before I got it. It had Bulliit Mustang wheels on it, that I swapped for Evo 8 wheels. I swapped plugs and the oil thus far. I need to the coolant soon. I added a mech boost gauge and was getting only 5psi so I added a manuel boost controller. Its back up to 14/15psi. I've painted rusty wiper arms and the rear roof garnish, clean off 2 years worth of pine straw and washed it. I swapped out the factory tape desk and cd player with a digital media receiver. 22 year old paper speakers suck. Ive driven it to work twice, im waiting for a new/used digital climate control (should be here today) and a set of speaker replacements. It has 187K miles with service done at the right times. I plan on doing a 120k for my own piece of mind soon. All of the bushings/mounts look like they are 22 years old. So its gonna be my DD until something breaks, or i get some parts all in to replace them. I bought it for $1800 and have already been offered $4k (im probably dumb for not taking it) but I plan on tinkering with it until either I run out of money or it cant be fixed. $ goes quicker than parts break it seems.

Good Day!

The video was hilarious.
    I'll try to follow the rules.

My 93 GT is a base model, and it need a lot of TLC, but it's a really nice car, and you just don't see that many of them anymore. A big plus.
    90K miles. Time for the timing belts, and plugs, and gaskets. Don't have all the special tools to do it myself I'm afraid.
    Hate to spend the bucks, but hey, if it will make the car last longer it's worth it. Besides I can't replace it for what it costs.

Jester.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    excited to start

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2002 and 2014

Thanks
    Hello everybody! I'm new here but not to the 3S platform, nor to "the other site" as it seems to be called these days. Lol.

I haven't been active on the forums in quite a few years due to life happening and the fact that I really didn't like the direction that the other site was going. I'm one of the many casualties, I guess you could say.

My wife and I have had our '92 Stealth SOHC since 2002, which has been highly upgraded and as far as I know is one of the few running SOHC Single turbo 3S's around.

Some of you may remember the conversion from the other site.

Anyhow, we have recently purchased another Stealth. It is a '91 Firestorm red TT. It is in decent shape but needs a bit of love to restore it to her former glory. Absolutely no rust, which is rare as it is a Canadian car. Paint needs a good cut and polish to bring back the shine, no dents or dings anywhere.

My intention is to leave it as stock as possible with only minor upgrades as necessary. I say this, but as most 3S owners know, it won't be stock for too long. Lol

I'm really looking forward to getting involved in the community once again and can't wait to turn the first bolt on our newest (or is it oldest?) 3S.

In closing, I just want to commend Alan on the great work you've done with this site and wish nothing but the best for it in the future. Keep up the good work!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sohcstealth; 02-20-2014 at 07:41 PM.
    '92 Dodge Stealth SOHC - 3SX Adjustable Camber & Toe Arms, Eibach Springs, KYB Struts, 3SX Steel Braided Brake Lines, Stillen Brake Pads on Stillen Cross-Drilled Rotors, 3SX Steel Braided Clutch Line, 3SX Lightweight Aluminum Crank Pulley w/ Gatorback Belts, 65mm Big-Bore Throttle Body w/ Half-Shaft Mod, ARP Head Studs, 3SX Poly Motor Mounts, 3SX Short-Throw Shifter w/ Solid Shifter Bushings, Single TD05H 20G, FMIC, FMOC, Hotwired Walbro 255, 525cc Precision Injectors, 3SX underhood fuel kit w/ Custom SOHC Fuel Loop, Custom Ceramic Coated Headers and Turbo Downpipe, RT High-Flow Cat, Custom Stainless 2.5" Cat-Back w/ Flowmaster 40, Spec Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Light Weight Flywheel, Various GM Sensors, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Tuned with MAPECU 2.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Thought this forum looked interesting so had a pop over.

Adam from Sunderland, UK. Hey all!

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Hello after spending the last year just reading posts on this site I have finally made an account.

Page 312 of 424 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast