Owner Since

Thanks

7th Annual North East Gathering - 2011

7th Annual North East Gathering

Date: August 4th to August 7th
    Days: Thursday - Sunday
    Sponsors: Pampena Motorsports, 3SNY, and 3SNJ
    Event Coordinators: Justin Lim, Fatimah Hassan, Chris Simovich

The NEG was created to provide a means for all 3000GT & Stealth enthusiasts from the North Eastern part of the US to get together. This event is focused on providing the 3S enthusiast, their friends, and family a fun filled weekend for all to enjoy. Last year we all enjoyed tubing down the river. Who knows what we’ll be doing this year. Whatever it is, im sure it will be incredibly memorable.

On Friday we will be going to "The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom" then returning back to the hotel for dinner. On Saturday morning we'll be having breakfast at the hotel and detailing our cars. Then we'll be traveling to Prospect Mountain in Lake George for our Car Show. We'll be ending our Saturday with a catered dinner & costume party at the hotel. This year we'll be the first time we will have a trophy for "Best Costume" as well as prize. Sunday we'll finishing up with a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel then heading home.

This year's theme is "Animated". Which means anyone attending the Dinner & Costume Party should be dressed accordingly. Animated covers any cartoon or video game character. For example: Smurfs, Thunder Cats, GI Joe, Pokemon, Street Fighter, Super Mario, Zelda, etc.

This years registration fees will be $70.00 if you would like to partake in all the events. If you choose to bring a child to “The Great Escape & Splash Water Kingdom” only children 2 and under are free. If you don’t wish to go to “The Great Escape & Splash Water Kingdom”, your registration fee will be $45.00. Anyone attending in this event must pay the registration fees. Children 12 & under do not have to pay. You will be able to register and pay your fees through the NEG website. I will be providing a link as soon as the page is up.

Your registration fees will pay for:
    * Admission to The Great Escape & Splash Water Kingdom (optional)
    * Refreshments & Snacks for the entire weekend
    * Lunch at the car show
    * Catered dinner at the hotel
    * Carwash supplies
    * Miscellaneous expenditures to run the event.

Hotel Information:
    We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn which is on 205 Wolf Rd. in Albany, NY. This has been the official NEG hotel for the past 3 years and it has never let us down. Parking for the NEG registrants will be in a closed off section of the parking lot. The hotel has also agreed to allow us the use of their spigot to wash our cars (no need to go to a car wash). As far as amenities are concerned the hotel has its own restaurant, martini bar, indoor & outdoor pool, and wifi.

Reservations can be made by the individuals calling 1-800-HOLIDAY 24-hours a day. Be sure to ask for the 3SNY Block. All reservations will require a credit card or deposit equal to one night’s room and tax to guarantee the room. Rooms may be cancelled by 6:00 pm on the date of arrival with no penalty. Check-in time is 4:00 pm and Check-out is 12 noon.

Rooms will be held will be held until 3:00 pm on 7/25/11. Any rooms not reserved in your block will be released back to the Hotel for general sale.

Caravan Information:
    For everyone participating in the Thursday night caravan. We will be staying at a different hotel in Albany. Then Friday morning we'll check into the Holiday Inn. They do not have any rooms available for Thursday night. More hotel information to come.

This year’s carshow award categories will be:
    • Best 3000GT Overall
    • Best Stealth Overall
    • Peoples Choice
    • Best Performance Modified
    • Cleanest Overall
    • Most Unique
    • Best In Car Entertainment
    • Best Interior
    • Road Warrior

Itinerary

Thursday

8:30 pm Meet with caravan @ Sloatsburgh rest stop
    12:00 am Arrive @ Hotel

Friday

9:00 am Car Wash Open
    12:00 pm Leave for Great Escape (Park Hours 10am -7pm)
    1:00 pm Arrive at Great Escape
    7:00 pm Leave Great Escape
    8:00 pm Dinner

Saturday

12:00 pm Leave for Prospect Mt
    1:00 pm Arrive at Prospect Mt.
    5:00 pm Leave for Hotel
    7:00 pm Dinner
    8:00 pm Party

Sunday
    9:00 am Breakfast @ Craker Barrel
    11:00 am Awards Presentation

This thread will serve as the main thread and I will post updates as they become available. You can begin adding your name and +(1,2,etc.) to the list if you plan on attending.

UPDATES:

* July 5th: Website is up and running. Please feel free to register for the event and pay your registration fee. Please be advised that no refunds will be issued if cancelations are after July 28th

* July 8th: Hotel info updated above, you can now book your room for the event. Room availability decreases dramatically as the event gets closer. I cannot guarantee everyone a room at the hotel as time progresses so book early. When calling to reserve your room, make sure you tell them you are in the "3SNY Block", to get your discounted rate of $109.00 per night.

* July 9th: Raffle Prizes: 3 Free dyno pulls, $50.00 off of labor from Pampena Motorsports. More prizes to be announced!

* July 10th: Just ordered 15 trophies for the event. I wonder what other categories will be awarded? HHmmmmm...

register HERE

1. Justin Lim
    2. Bill Fusco
    3. Scott Florek
    4. Steven Gerritse
    5. Vinny Trinceri
    6. Kelvin Tamayo
    7. Dan Zaccagnini
    8. Alan Hom
    9. Khamiko Konzsaki
    10. John Cox +1
    11. Kevin Gatland +1
    12. Fatimah Hassan
    13. Dave Mennella
    14. Donna Florek
    15. Tiffany Albos
    16. Chris Simovich
    17. John Starr
    18. Jason Rudasill
    19. Arthur Popovich
    20. Rich Hammond
    Last edited by my923ksl; 07-20-2011 at 06:36 AM.

Owner Since
    2008; 1993 3000GT NA

Thanks
    Im pretty sure I have military crap going on. But if i get the chance to split and head there when I can... I will.

Itza Me, Mario
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I told you Roger, just go AWOL and sneak into Canada... it's that simple hahaha

Owner Since
    2008; 1993 3000GT NA

Thanks
    I will never Go AWOL

Not something I ever want to do, or think of doing.
    I would like to see the day I have "Honorable Discharge" on a signed piece of paper

that aside... is there any events planned out for this gathering?
    I gotta feed my need for speed. lol
    2008 Afghan Veteran
    2012 Kuwait

'93 3000GT (FWD, NA, Auto) Rebuild / STG1
    Car back from Pampena Motorsports. Creative project/mission name still to be decided.

Itza Me, Mario
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker1357 View Post
    I will never Go AWOL

Not something I ever want to do, or think of doing.
    I would like to see the day I have "Honorable Discharge" on a signed piece of paper

that aside... is there any events planned out for this gathering?
    I gotta feed my need for speed. lol
    Then you are a true patriot, sir. Get those damn Nazis.... I mean, umm.... ARabs.

The plan is Friday to go the Six Flags Great Escape and then costume party at night. Saturday is car show, probably on Prospect Mtn. in Lake George and lots of cruisin. Also, one of those nights we usually have a big group dinner somewhere.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    time is fast approaching

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since
    oh five

Thanks
    ng was so much fun, i'd love to go to this. it's a bit further away, therefore gas will be more expensive, so a cheap place to sleep would be necessary, ideas? i don't Really wanna sleep in my car again.

_isiah

awhh, you did it!//oheay fuck you
    _isiah

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    1 day left to book your room at the discounted price. 4 More days to register and pay your fees for the event.

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    thanks to all that came down for this event. we had a great time. will try and make a photo album on photobucket and post up some pics. thanks to Pampena motorsports, 3sny and 3sny for sponsering the event. also would like to thank 3Sgto.org for donating 3 $50 gift certificates for our raffle definately a cool addition for the event