Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: my favorite supercar has a sequel

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I like it, McLaren should have got the idea and updated, not changed. But I guess the MP4 isn't the next F1.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dbest671 View Post
    And the Spyder was a tough choice over a Crossfire SRT6
    blastphemy. how can you even compare the two? anemic tt v6 RWD with zero aftermarket support & pathetically weak styling that's an affront to the prowler it supplanted; or tt v6 awd with a healthy aftermarket & proven methods to get reliably attain 500-600whp.

wow...how can you possibly decide?

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    blastphemy. how can you even compare the two? anemic tt v6 RWD with zero aftermarket support & pathetically weak styling that's an affront to the prowler it supplanted; or tt v6 awd with a healthy aftermarket & proven methods to get reliably attain 500-600whp.

wow...how can you possibly decide?
    WTF, do you know about the Crossfire SRT6? You do know that it has a supercharged AMG engine in it right... and it is pretty much a rebadged Mercedes.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    my bad, it was supercharged, not tt'd. that being the case, the r170 SLK would have been a better choice (or the r171). the crossfire is like taking the engine in an NSX and putting it in a civic. no, worse than that. putting it in a yugo. god the crossfire looks like an aborted sebring.

plus there's the fact that vr4 spyders are EXTREMELY rare. crossfires (even srt6's) not so much.

and i'd really love to see the support for the e32 amg engine. do you have websites for shops that make upgraded supercharger kits? perhaps turbo kits? what's the world record on HP figures? what's the 1/4 records? at least i can find good, solid numbers for some of the prowlers.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    ^ At least I would still be able to buy parts for the damn thing. I can't even get a damn weatherstripping piece for the Spyder even though I am willing to pay a small fortune for it.

Actually there are a few companies that will work on the cars, but the cost was the main factor. It is easier/cheaper to upgrade the Mitsubishi engine. And the fact it has a hardtop was the other major deciding factor. But that little abortion by Mercedes/Chrysler will be worth money one day, mark my words.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    ^ At least I would still be able to buy parts for the damn thing. I can't even get a damn weatherstripping piece for the Spyder even though I am willing to pay a small fortune for it.

Actually there are a few companies that will work on the cars, but the cost was the main factor. It is easier/cheaper to upgrade the Mitsubishi engine. And the fact it has a hardtop was the other major deciding factor. But that little abortion by Mercedes/Chrysler will be worth money one day, mark my words.
    the day the crossfire (or the srt-6) is worth more collector money than a prowler is the day that i cash out my retirement fund & buy lottery tickets.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    The SRT6 cannot be compared to the regular crossfire. That would be like comparing the 300C SRT8 to a 300C... they are two totally different animals.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    if you say so, april. yes, they have different engines. no, i don't really see the difference. it's certainly nothing like the z11 vs. z16 difference.

p.s.

i just saw an 05 srt-6 listing for 25k with 36k miles. lol. prowlers with 36k miles are still selling for 35-40k.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    prowlers has absolutely no balls... they should have put a damn v8 in it.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    prowlers has absolutely no balls... they should have put a damn v8 in it.
    your point is well-founded and has merit. and believe me, if i were going to start a project car, i would investigate the feasibility of doing thus. if not a v8, then a custom-application 6g72tt, similar to the TVR build.

still, the prowler HAS been successfully supercharged, and does have ET's of low 12's (faster than the srt-6, afaik).

the "balls slow" argument was used (and still is) with regards to vr4's. all it takes is someone willing to push the platform.