Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roller Coaster fans, post up!

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    raptor is awesome; like all the B&M inverts. t2 and the verkomas are rather rough.

93stlth, have you ridden any other stand-ups? i've ridden both chang & mantis (other B&M stand-ups). my neck/head wasn't sore/bruised, but they did really cause the blood to rush to my feet. actually, shockwave at KD was a bit rougher...but rather smooth for a 25 year old coaster.

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I remember Shockwave, I think that was the first stand up coaster? Mantis, is that at Busch Gardens Williamsburg? Sounds familiar. I can't remember if I've been on any others.

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

The one. The only. verified Feedback Score 14 (100%) stealthee's Avatar
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    king cobra at KI was the first purpose-built stand-up coaster; as the wiki article notes. shockwave at KD is very much a similar coaster; same company, only 2 years newer.

mantis (CP) was the world record holder for a year in a couple of different areas. chang took those records the next year. riddlers revenge (SF-MM) took those records the year after that.

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter Feedback Score 0 93STLTH's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've seen some coasters that have you laying flat, in a "Superman" position. Anyone been on one of those?

GREASE BUNNY Feedback Score 0 Granny's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    We rode Mantis @ Cedar Point back on 07 and that was the worst ride I have ever been on.
    It would beat your head against the bars everytime it would change directions.
    If a person blacked out on that coaster it would probably kill you before the ride was over.

My favorite to date is still the Dragster. The most intense 15 seconds of my life.

But this wasn't too shabby....Intimidator 305

Kings Dominion | Thrill Rides - Intimidator 305
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    Oh Karen, you made me smile today.

Stuper Moderator Feedback Score 0 HilbillyHomeboy's Avatar
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    Love the Roller Coasters!

MF & Raptor are my favorites at CP. I like Mantis; I'm tall enough to not get beat in the ears. My firends wife came off of it with blood pouring, ripped an ear ring out of her ear. The big bad wolf at Busch Gardens is really good too. Really hard on my 5'0" wife also, though she does like to ride it still.

Dragster is by far the scariest one I've ever rode. In fact, it's the only coaster that has ever truly "scared" me. Wicked Twister is my 2nd, a little uncomfortable when it gets all the way to the top and you can feel the structure swaying.

The roughest coaster, hands down, is Mean Streak. Completely worthless, IMO. I literally feared for my internal organs and was damn near in tears wanting it to end so badly. I've rode it twice and both times were equally terrible. Never again will I even glance at that POS.

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

Member verified Feedback Score 0 DocWalt's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Oct '08 - Oct '10

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Awesome, coaster fans Intimidator 305 is pretty awesome, but it's only really got the drop and the first turn. I need to ride more of the big coasters.... Dorney Park and Knoebels have great rides, but nothing insane.
    R135
    ╚╬╬╝

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 93STLTH View Post
    I've seen some coasters that have you laying flat, in a "Superman" position. Anyone been on one of those?
    manta at sea-world orlando & superman ultimate flight at SF-georgia are both "flying" coasters. both are B&M flying coasters. B&M's feature boarding like traditional B&M inverted coasters, and the seats retract to the rail.

the other type is verkoma's (which i've yet to try). verkoma's board like floorless coasters; and you board facing BACKWARDS. the seats then retract & the train flips once it leaves the station.

Flying roller coaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

granny, some coasters you learn to ride in the "defensive" position. this comes rather naturally for me. i stick my head out from between the restraints. this allows my neck muscles to absorb the deflections of changing direction--rather than being buffetted between the headrests. fortunately, newer coasters (such as sheikra) have restraints which don't have the same kind of problem. newer coasters feature restraints which are increasingly less intrusive than older designs; while being even safer.

p.s.

not riding dragster is one of the big dissapointments in my life thus far. someday i'll rectify that by riding it or kingda ka. i still think MF>intimidator though.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    Love the Roller Coasters!

MF & Raptor are my favorites at CP. I like Mantis; I'm tall enough to not get beat in the ears. My firends wife came off of it with blood pouring, ripped an ear ring out of her ear. The big bad wolf at Busch Gardens is really good too. Really hard on my 5'0" wife also, though she does like to ride it still.

Dragster is by far the scariest one I've ever rode. In fact, it's the only coaster that has ever truly "scared" me. Wicked Twister is my 2nd, a little uncomfortable when it gets all the way to the top and you can feel the structure swaying.

The roughest coaster, hands down, is Mean Streak. Completely worthless, IMO. I literally feared for my internal organs and was damn near in tears wanting it to end so badly. I've rode it twice and both times were equally terrible. Never again will I even glance at that POS.

Jeremy
    ouch! sounds like coasters are a mixed bag for some people. fwiw, fashion is NOT something you should worry about at an amusement park. if you wear dangly earrings, tube-tops or high-heels----you're an idiot, imho (yes, i've seen it all).

i never got to ride BBW :le cry:, unfortunately. from what i can gather, it's quite similar to iron dragon (CP) though--which is easily in my top 10.

i'm with you on mean streak. i had a decent ride on it one time. the other two it was rough. grizzly (KD) rough. although the only time i've had my internal organs jolted so bad i was doubled over in pain was on the beast (KI). go figure. beast is a crapshoot of ride gentileness.

doc,

big != awesome. dominator (KD) is a teriffic ride, even though it's not earth-shattering by any stretch. the one thing that intimidator does really well is put you at high speed close to the ground, giving you a very high sense of speed. it's not as smooth or as well transitioned at MF though, imho.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast