Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Dust 514 Countdown

  1. #1
    Banned verified Feedback Score 0 ictponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Owosso, MI
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts

    Dust 514 Countdown

    Maybe I'm the only one on here that has been following this game for years but they have initialized a countdown timer on their website that ends this coming Monday.

    At this time nobody knows ANYTHING about a release date and then the devs just pull something like this, is has to be big news. This game has been coming since 2006 and it's by the same company that makes EVE Online but...

    ...it's going to be a FPS, multi platform (XBOX/PS3) that interacts with EVE Online (PC MMO spaceship game)

    Official DUST 514 - From the creators of EVE Online

    Unofficial DUST 514 - First Person Shooter / MMO Hybrid this one has pics and videos of supposed game footage.

    I'm really excited.

    P.S. There is also talk of Microsoft allowing Silver members to play this game online.
    Last edited by ictponder; 06-05-2011 at 01:35 AM.

  2. #2
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,673
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    484
    Thanked 548 Times in 394 Posts
    oh look. a FPS that's designed for a console.


    PASS!

  3. #3
    Banned verified Feedback Score 0 ictponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Owosso, MI
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts
    It's not just another FPS on a console. It's going to be a cross platform that interacts with a PC MMO. Never been done before EVER. I think it's cool that XBOX and PS3 players will be able to compete with/against each other. Plus, I prefer console FPS as I can sit in my living room and play, I don't need to spend a shit ton on upgrading my computer and voice chat is already built in, not to mention I KNOW it will work fine on my XBOX with less chance of guys hacking.

    Takes more skill to play FPS on console tbh.

  4. #4
    DR-750 club Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%) FeaRpb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

    Location
    Portland, Texas
    Posts
    2,663
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 179 Times in 126 Posts
    Yay, an FPS made to interact with a horrible online spaceship game.

    PASS
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

  5. #5
    Forum User verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) MADMarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since

    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    776
    Thanks
    56
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ictponder View Post
    Takes more skill to play FPS on console tbh.
    ...because if two people went head to head on a pc v console fps the console player would have to be the shiz to beat a mediocre player on the pc lol. I don't mean to bash but the maneuverability and speed on a pc is dramatically better than on a console. Sounds like an awesome idea. Will it be an MMO fps on the consoles to allow for fair integration w/the pc mmo? ...ooor did I read it wrong and it's only going to be between the ps3 and xbox but based on the pc mmo?
    60% of the time, my car works every time.

  6. #6
    Banned verified Feedback Score 0 ictponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Owosso, MI
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MADMarc View Post
    ...because if two people went head to head on a pc v console fps the console player would have to be the shiz to beat a mediocre player on the pc lol. I don't mean to bash but the maneuverability and speed on a pc is dramatically better than on a console. Sounds like an awesome idea. Will it be an MMO fps on the consoles to allow for fair integration w/the pc mmo? ...ooor did I read it wrong and it's only going to be between the ps3 and xbox but based on the pc mmo?
    I totally agree with you, it's way easier to play an FPS on a PC but for me I prefer to play on a console for many reasons. As to the console pc integration, they are two totally different types of games. Dust is FPS - obviously - and Eve Online is a point & click type game involving spaceships that you control. The way they interact is by contracts and planet sovereignty. Players playing Eve Online will pay corporations in Dust to take control or defend planets from other opposing factions in Eve. The battles Dust 514 will directly affect the territory that corporations in Eve can have control over. There are a lot more details obviously...

  7. #7
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,673
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    484
    Thanked 548 Times in 394 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ictponder View Post
    I totally agree with you, it's way easier to play an FPS on a PC but for me I prefer to play on a console for many reasons. As to the console pc integration, they are two totally different types of games. Dust is FPS - obviously - and Eve Online is a point & click type game involving spaceships that you control. The way they interact is by contracts and planet sovereignty. Players playing Eve Online will pay corporations in Dust to take control or defend planets from other opposing factions in Eve. The battles Dust 514 will directly affect the territory that corporations in Eve can have control over. There are a lot more details obviously...
    then you are the enemy. and i will fight you till my dying breath. my gaming experience over the last 5+ years has been going to shit because of people like you who are buying-in to the watering-down of games. i don't know what your reason is to prefer consoles; and frankly, i don't give a rat's ass. the fact that you prefer your FPS's on one tells me that you're not a true, red-blooded gamer. you're definintely not a casual gamer either; or you'd be playing a wii more than an xbox. what that tells me is that your a bandwagon consumer. you see the microsoft propaganda engine turning...and you stare in starry-eyed wonder. "wow...halo 3 must be the greatest game ever created," you say to yourself. you're like the 8-year-old, saturday-morning-cartoon-watching version of gamers; you want whatever your television game magazines tell you to want.

    well i for one, have had it up to here with the likes of you. i've watched PC gaming decline from the glory days of when 1600x1200 was a wet-dream. i had a 4600ti, and it was one of the greatest things i'd ever beheld. 1920x1440 gaming was like dying and being reborn on a planet of eva longorias. and consoles were just fine with goldeneye and perfect dark. then what happened?

    well instead of hardware constantly playing catch-up with software; now we have software that doesn't even begin to tax the hardware. it used to be that you'd need the ABSOLUTE TIP-TOP card on the market to even begin to come close to gaming perfection (if not a dual GPU solution). now a days, you can do the same thing with a single, midrange GPU. hardware progress hasn't slowed down...much. so it's software that's taking a breather. and why not? now you can churn out endless remakes of sci-fi shooters that were originally ripoffs in of themselves; along with countless military-shooter-wannabees. and people like you will keep on buying them. not because they don't know any better; THEY JUST DON'T CARE.

    ironic, that the very same people who cried foul about "the pureness of gaming" and how wii was a sacrilidge are the same morons who are buying into the console bs hype and helping to destroy gaming innovation by being content with mediocrity. the most graphically demanding FPS on the market, currently, isn't even from the USA or japan. it's from RUSSIA. yep, that's right, russia. why? i don't know...maybe because they didn't buy into the console bs.

    thanks to consoles i now have:

    less demanding software to enjoy
    less graphical innovation to enjoy
    lower screen-resolutions to enjoy gaming on
    AND COUNTLESS BUGS OUT THE ASS FROM GAMES WHICH WERE ORIGINALLY DESIGNED FOR CONSOLES AND WEREN'T PROPERLY DEBUGGED FOR PC'S.

    thanks. thanks a lot. i hope your xbox catches fire and destroys your entire entertainment center.

  8. #8
    LW fears my posts Not Verified Feedback Score 1 (100%)
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    1996, 1st Stealth TT; 2000, current TT

    Location
    Dallas TX
    Posts
    707
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 120 Times in 101 Posts
    Well IPD is certainly a prime candidate for decaf...

  9. #9
    Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    6,673
    Blog Entries
    2
    Thanks
    484
    Thanked 548 Times in 394 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UTRacerX9 View Post
    Well IPD is certainly a prime candidate for decaf...
    i never drink coffee. i rarely touch caffine. i wish i was born retarded so the mass amounts of stupidity in the world wouldn't bother me.

  10. #10
    Banned verified Feedback Score 0 ictponder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Owner Since
    2006

    Location
    Owosso, MI
    Posts
    287
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 55 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    then you are the enemy. and i will fight you till my dying breath. my gaming experience over the last 5+ years has been going to shit because of people like you who are buying-in to the watering-down of games. i don't know what your reason is to prefer consoles; and frankly, i don't give a rat's ass. the fact that you prefer your FPS's on one tells me that you're not a true, red-blooded gamer. you're definintely not a casual gamer either; or you'd be playing a wii more than an xbox. what that tells me is that your a bandwagon consumer. you see the microsoft propaganda engine turning...and you stare in starry-eyed wonder. "wow...halo 3 must be the greatest game ever created," you say to yourself. you're like the 8-year-old, saturday-morning-cartoon-watching version of gamers; you want whatever your television game magazines tell you to want.

    well i for one, have had it up to here with the likes of you. i've watched PC gaming decline from the glory days of when 1600x1200 was a wet-dream. i had a 4600ti, and it was one of the greatest things i'd ever beheld. 1920x1440 gaming was like dying and being reborn on a planet of eva longorias. and consoles were just fine with goldeneye and perfect dark. then what happened?

    well instead of hardware constantly playing catch-up with software; now we have software that doesn't even begin to tax the hardware. it used to be that you'd need the ABSOLUTE TIP-TOP card on the market to even begin to come close to gaming perfection (if not a dual GPU solution). now a days, you can do the same thing with a single, midrange GPU. hardware progress hasn't slowed down...much. so it's software that's taking a breather. and why not? now you can churn out endless remakes of sci-fi shooters that were originally ripoffs in of themselves; along with countless military-shooter-wannabees. and people like you will keep on buying them. not because they don't know any better; THEY JUST DON'T CARE.

    ironic, that the very same people who cried foul about "the pureness of gaming" and how wii was a sacrilidge are the same morons who are buying into the console bs hype and helping to destroy gaming innovation by being content with mediocrity. the most graphically demanding FPS on the market, currently, isn't even from the USA or japan. it's from RUSSIA. yep, that's right, russia. why? i don't know...maybe because they didn't buy into the console bs.

    thanks to consoles i now have:

    less demanding software to enjoy
    less graphical innovation to enjoy
    lower screen-resolutions to enjoy gaming on
    AND COUNTLESS BUGS OUT THE ASS FROM GAMES WHICH WERE ORIGINALLY DESIGNED FOR CONSOLES AND WEREN'T PROPERLY DEBUGGED FOR PC'S.

    thanks. thanks a lot. i hope your xbox catches fire and destroys your entire entertainment center.
    LOL!

    The only game I play on XBOX is Battlefield Bad Co. 2 and I've already pre-ordered Battlefield 3 for the XBOX AND THE PC Hopefully I won't have to go buy another $500 video card to play it though as my PC is about 6 years old, luckily it will work on my XBOX no problems I used to be a hardcore PC gamer back in the days of Quake III and the first Modern Warfare. However, as I've gotten older I find that I'd rather relax on my couch/chair than go sit in my office and play games.

    Also, I am VERY picky on the games I buy for my console. In the last 5 years I've only purchased maybe 6 games and Halo 3 was not in the list of those games.

    And BTW if anyone is wondering: Modern Warfare 2 is lame (played it but never purchased), Black Ops is worse (never purchased) & MW3 (not going to purchase) is going to suck real bad

    Edit: I haven't seen a single ad on TV or wherever for Dust 514 so does that mean I am still drinking the cool-aid? And I still play Eve Online on the PC but it's not FPS so does that make my PC gaming irrelevant?

    Here is a screenshot of a battle report for the other day. I'd bet $10 I could school you with you on the PC and me on the XBOX. BTW all other squads in the game were full and my squad still won. Friendly match of course if it were possible.
    Last edited by ictponder; 06-06-2011 at 11:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The 3000GT/Stealth/GTO Web History Project
3000gt.com
3000GT / Stealth International WWWboard Archive
Jim's (RED3KGT) Reststop
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Information and Resources
Team 3S
3000GT / Stealth / GTO Information
daveblack.net
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Clubs and Groups
Michigan 3S
MInnesota 3S
Wisconsin 3S
Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas 3S
North California 3000GT/Stealth
United Society of 3S Owners
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Forums
3000GT/Stealth International
3000GT/Stealth/GTO Event Pages
3S National Gathering
East Coast Gathering
Upper Mid-West Gathering
Blue Ridge Gathering