Thread: Calling all Experts, Engine Mngt recommendations for my TD04HL WRX 19T Track Car

TD04 Upgrade & Billet TD05 Upgrades
    Owner Since

Thanks

Calling all Experts, Engine Mngt recommendations for my TD04HL WRX 19T Track Car

Hello all,

I'm in the process of building a fairly dedicated track only (maybe street once in a blue moon) car. Its a 92 VR4.

What I've got so far:
    -Rebuilt Motor w/new shortblock
    -Hotwired Supra Pump
    -FMIC
    -Midwest Turbo Connections TD04HL 19T's using the WRX housings

I need recommendations on what engine management and injector size.

My last car was a TD05 16G car and I was running 550 Injectors with an SAFC which ran into knock when I pushed it to 25lbs on pump gas. I also was running out of fuel so I'm thinking I probably need 650cc injectors for this build being I want to push it to the limits.

I considered going AEM EMS V2 but I kinda feel like it may be overkill, would a piggyback like a Greddy E-manage Blue or ultimate suffice? Or some other combo?

I'm really open to anything and in terms of tuning I haven't done much, the SAFC was as far as I've gotten into it. I'd like to be able to control the timing so I can run higher boost and not worry about crazy timing and knock.

Let me know what you think. I appreciate it.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    25psi on pump? you were getting knock? ya think. You might get 19psi on the 19T's before getting knock on 93. If you planning on running pump the 550's and SAFC will get you most of what you need. Just add some water/meth injection and you can turn it up more. If you want to get more involved in the timing then I would skip piggy backs and go AEM. Just my opinion.

Most powerful 13T car in the world @501awhp, PTE 780CC injectors, AFPR, E85, Greddy Profec B, 3.5" Granatelli MAF, MAFT, SS Headers and O2 housings front, 3SX downpipe, CRX racing FMIC, Dejon intake pipes, Ground Controls, Maximal adjustable rear control arms, Maximal TC Brace, Poly front and rear mounts, Vacuum Reduction, EGR block off plate, Hot Wired Walbro 255 and inline Walbro 255, Southbend stage 3 clutch, Slotted and vented rotors, SAFCII, Turbo XS BOV, 3SX FP hotwire, Seatle Short Shifter, Jackhammer timing gears: Best 1/4 mile 12.33 at 114.9 mph 1.79 60ft.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Maft pro will give you timing and fuel control. It is also extremely user friendly. Since it's a track car, that would be my choice. You aren't looking for a daily driver type drivability that the aem ems would be ideal for.

I don't bite
    Owner Since

Thanks
    You could keep it simple and do a blow-thru MAFT v2 set up with a GM Maf. Simple like the SAFC you had but more power with the larger GM Maf plus blow-thru.
    1992 Kilder Green VR4 - First 4G swap in a 3S. 2.0, auto, awd. 9.65 at 143mph. Now LS swapped. 8.52 at 162.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    650cc injectors
    MAFT v1 or v2
    SAFC2

/thread