Thread: GI:Low Miles 5-speed 25-spline transmission

Forum User verified Feedback Score 6 (100%) MADMarc's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

GI:Low Miles 5-speed 25-spline transmission

This is a gauging interest thread because the transmission is still in the car but I will be pulling it come the middle of June as soon as I finish finals. I am listing it now to get a bit of a head start because I know this is a slightly larger item and takes time to gather funds for if necessary. If you are local I would be happy to let you take the car for a spin around the block to make sure that it shifts fine and see that there are no problems with the synchros. Why am I replacing it? Damn thing likes to pee out fluids. It appears to be leaking from the seal on the pside face of the transmission (I can snap a pic if you are unsure what I am talking about) and also at the output shaft seal. Just under 24k miles!

When the deal came up to buy a NEW transmission I jumped all over it but after adding up all of the unexpected costs from ridiculous shipping prices I probably should have just had it resealed . I already contacted Jack's and they said their minor rebuild should more than take care of it (if you want to ship it out) or you can have a local shop do it.

I am asking 800 + ship or I would be happy to arrange something for pick up if you're not too far away. Again, this is just gauging interest right now but I would feel much better (and I'm sure you would too) if whoever is interested took the car for a spin to feel the transmission before buying so that they know they won't be grinding through every gear.

Also, if you wanted to send it to Jack's and would require shipping anyways I would have no problem shipping to them so long as we can all arrange something and keep it from getting shipped back here lol That way you can save on the shipping by a full trip.
    60% of the time, my car works every time.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Bump a lump

Owner Since

Thanks
    Pending