Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFRs for stock 1G VR4

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

AFRs for stock 1G VR4

Does anyone know for certain what the IDLE AFRs are for a stocker?

Forum User Not Verified
    Feedback Score 6 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    any 3/s will try to trim to 14.7:1

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

Forum User Not Verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sin'sVr4's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    i said the same thing on 3si

1/4 mile 11.80 @117mph. 551whp 641trq @ 26psi E85 tune, MTC 19T-HLs, forge 15psi spring wastegates, 780 PTE inj, 3SX Fuel loop, ss fuel lines, Engine built by Laniers Speed shop, block bored .060 w/ chromolly rings, weisco pistons, 3sx custom forged rods, forged crank, HKS DLI, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO wideband, prosport oil and boost guages, aeromotive 1000 FPR, Dejon blow thru twintakes, Walbro E85 400 w/ 3sx hotwire kit and custom an fitting fuel pump w/ STM filter to pump line, CXRacing FMIC, Megan Racing Aluminum radiator, IPS custom downpipe, Borla 3" exhaust,Greddy profec b spec II EBC, Blitz SS BOV,R1 Drilled slotted rotors, Drag DR-31 rims, RPS stage 4 unsprung clutch,

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    any 3/s will try to trim to 14.7:1
    I think you just went with MAFT+ GM MAF (3 1/2 in) which I am thinking of doing. How did you mount it to the stock bubble? The reason I asked about the stock AFRs is that with SAFC2 and 450s I was only able to get to 13.3- 13.5ish.

Forum User Not Verified
    Feedback Score 6 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gRick View Post
    I think you just went with MAFT+ GM MAF (3 1/2 in) which I am thinking of doing. How did you mount it to the stock bubble? The reason I asked about the stock AFRs is that with SAFC2 and 450s I was only able to get to 13.3- 13.5ish.
    the z06 maf has an external diameter of 3.75". It fits just fine in the stock bubble, I can grab a pic later if you want.

It could be a lot of things wrong preventing you from getting to stoic, but most likely you are running too much negative correction and the ecu is ignoring the maf signal. What are you running? If the ecu sees less than 25-30 Hz at idle it ignores the maf.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    the z06 maf has an external diameter of 3.75". It fits just fine in the stock bubble, I can grab a pic later if you want.

It could be a lot of things wrong preventing you from getting to stoic, but most likely you are running too much negative correction and the ecu is ignoring the maf signal. What are you running? If the ecu sees less than 25-30 Hz at idle it ignores the maf.
    Thanks for the quick reply. Perhaps I am mistaken regarding size. The MAF I am quoting is the LS 1 which is 3 1/2 as listed on the Full Throttle web site (I believe). I have 15Gs, no cat, stock FP, 450s (had 550s and a rich idle so I dropped down to 450s). Is the z06 a better alternative performance wise for draw thru? I just sent tmy AFC2 back to Apexi for another problem. I threw a #25 barometric sensor code. After checking all the wiring and checking the stock MAS apparently the culprit is the AFC2. I took it out of the loop and the cell went away!!! Also I had no fast idle cold (go figure). I'm waiting to hear back from Apexi after they do a system check, which cost $50. I'll keep you posted.
    I was never able to get the AFRs up to 14.7 no matter what I did. If too much correction is used would'nt it just show excessively lean such as 17.0 etc? How can the ECU ignore a correction?
    Appreciate any FB on this issue. Be safe.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Ooooops my bad......please send pixs of install!

Forum User Not Verified
    Feedback Score 6 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 1gRick View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. Perhaps I am mistaken regarding size. The MAF I am quoting is the LS 1 which is 3 1/2 as listed on the Full Throttle web site (I believe). I have 15Gs, no cat, stock FP, 450s (had 550s and a rich idle so I dropped down to 450s). Is the z06 a better alternative performance wise for draw thru? I just sent tmy AFC2 back to Apexi for another problem. I threw a #25 barometric sensor code. After checking all the wiring and checking the stock MAS apparently the culprit is the AFC2. I took it out of the loop and the cell went away!!! Also I had no fast idle cold (go figure). I'm waiting to hear back from Apexi after they do a system check, which cost $50. I'll keep you posted.
    I was never able to get the AFRs up to 14.7 no matter what I did. If too much correction is used would'nt it just show excessively lean such as 17.0 etc? How can the ECU ignore a correction?
    Appreciate any FB on this issue. Be safe.
    The z06 maf is better for draw through, it is larger and has better flow charateristics. It will leak under boost though, so you shouldn't use it in blow through. The 85mm truck mafs are the same thing and are like $40 on ebay. The LS1 maf is better for blow through, but will run out of accurate metering somewhere around 550AWHP. I did not lose any spool switching to draw through over speed density, so take that for what its worth.

I got one from this guy because he said it was almost new and I believe it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...d=658278985007

I took the screen out and called it a day. very cheap.

The ecu can choose to ignore the maf signal and go off the base maps. if you have bigger injectors then naturally it will run rich.

I'll get some pics later.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Very interesting !!!!!!!!!!! I had never heard that the ECU can ignore the MAF signal. I have just read a number of post on here and everyone seems to like the blow thru as opposed to draw thru because supposedly it gives more power over draw thru and the advantage of driveability if you blow the pipe off, but deff seems to cost more due to additional piping etc. I'll wait for the pixs and keep u posted when I heat from Apexi.

Owner Since

Thanks
    would you by any chance have a truck maf part # would you . There are so many. The bigger MAF seem to have the 5 pin connector which is at an angle to the body as opposed to verticle like the LS1, If that makes any sense. I just don't want to buy the wrong one. You are going draw thru correct?
    When you say ignore the ECU do mean in closed loop? Thanks for any help and advice. Be safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast