Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 98 Neon

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

98 Neon

This should spark some memories. (first photo.)

Well, I have had 7 cars and I'm 19..... >_>
    (You want to be technical I had an 86' Conquest and another 85.5 Conquest, so 9)
    In order of when I acquired them:
    1991 Stealth R/T - June 2007 - Sept. 2010 - Sold due to motor issues
    1985 Mitsubishi Starion ESi (85.5) - Nov. 2008 - Mar. 2009 - part of that folgers container you have
    1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi - April 2009 - Present. - Trying to sell...
    1991 Mitsubishi Mighty Max - August 2009 - May 2010 - Sold due to weak rings...
    1989 Honda Prelude 2.0S - May 2010 - April 2011 - Good beater
    1998 Dodge Neon ACR CPE - Oct. 2010 - Present - Start of another Addiction... StarQuest 3S and now Neon...
    1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max Macrocab - Feb. 2011 - Present

The Stealth. My pride and joy and spent so much time making that car mine and doing it RIGHT. Stereo install replaced all speaker with pioneer and wired it all down the center of the car... Never got to drive it but one day after I got my license due to timing going and then I spent this year 5 months going through 4 engines and all were great when they were put in, even a REBUILT one.. the car just didn't like me or something so I sold it. I just sold it about a month ago too... I still hurt from it.

Then after the Stealth blew up on me in the beginning of Oct. 2008 at the end of Oct. I found the vehicle I have ALWAYS been looking for which is a 1985 Mitsubishi Starion ESi, rare as can be aside from 89 Starion's factory intercooled, LSD, ABS, 5 lug wheels.. Got it from mass. spent a month rebuilding the top end in the dead of winter and she ran great, and drove it for about a month and then 5 days after my 17th birthday I just got out of school and I was turning into my friends driveway, brake lights work, turn signals and all.... Well apparently there not enough for a SP-ED student to see and realize to stop or slow down... No instead she rams into the drive side of my car spinning me 180 and totaling both cars.... not even a week after I turned 17..... I parted it out and still have the parts.

Then I got my brother's (twinturbo93) friends 87' Chrysler Conquest TSi and drove the car for about a month or so before it blew up from too much fuel... (got into the oil) still have that car...

Then I got a 1991 Mitsu. Mighty Max for the 2.4 to drop into my Quest to make a 4G64/63 hybrid. Well I ended up daily driving the Max for about 6months until I I seized the head in the winter and replaced it and it smoked since so I sold it...

Then on the way back from a vacation my parents wanted to stop at a auto auction to get me a car (I payed for it) and I ended up with a 1989 Honda Prelude... Honda's suck.... tho it's not a bad car.. quick for being a SOHC 2.0 carb... sunroof but still slow.... I got owned by a 4door neon...
    Last edited by 98NeonACR; 05-24-2011 at 02:20 AM.

Owner Since

Thanks
    I have been looking for a "new" car since the beginning of may when I sold my truck and finally after months of searching I found it... FYI I can't have a Neon... I have to have an R/T or ACR, well searching for a turbo anything a 1998 Dodge Neon ACR popped up on craigs in DE so I called the guy talked about it and took the 2-3hr drive to go get it... but on the way my brother (twinturbo93) convinced me to look at a "custom show car" neon R/T.... guy wanted more than the other guy did for the ACR and i couldn't even here it run besides the fact it was hit in the front and ugly blue, primer missing things here and there and the leather interior had to be repaired.. So we ditched it and went to the ACR and at 2-3 PM on Oct. 23 I was on my way with a 1998 ACR. Best money I've ever spent and I have yet to regret it...

Now for pics and details...

Owner Since

Thanks

Neon is NOT stock

The Mighty Max was bought with the money I received while at boot camp for the USMC. I came back and 2 weeks later I saw it for sale and didn't hesitate, I missed my old Max and well this one is 95% my dream truck, only thing I'd rather is a 4G64/4G63 T hybrid. Anyways, 5 spd 2wd lowered on Eskies, with a 2.6L Turbo. I have to tear it apart though and get it ready for carlisle All-truck nationals.

Forum User Feedback Score 0 reallyxxxxxxloud's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    God dam that neon is ugly. No offence but whats the appeal dude?

Oh thats a serious question too...
    "Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pacman affected us as kids, we'd all be running around a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

PIONEER-ODR RS-K1/C-100/C-200/RS-P50 X2/RS-P1/RS-M1
    DIAMOND-AUDIO HEX 8" X2/HEX SILK DOME TWEETERS X4/D7-401 AMP X2/D7-402 X1/D7-152 AMP X1/D7-104 AMP X1 ETON 4-300/25HEX 4" X4 AUDIO-CONTROL EPIC-160
    ECLPISE 10" TITANIUM (SUBSONICS) X2 SW9102
    PHOENIX-GOLD 12" CYCLONES (INFRASONICS) X2 DC SERVOS http://webfaq.phoenixphorum.com/cyclone.htm
    FUSION 7 COLOUR L.E.D KITS X4 2 MODIFIED. Intergrated lighting through out install.
    1994-MITSUBISHI-GTO-TWIN-TURBO-4WD-4WS-FULLY OPTIONED-SERIOUSLY being MODIFIED

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    stealthee's daily driver > every single vehicle you've ever owned.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Damn already just starting with bashing....

Neon is stock so that's just you not liking Neon's, sorry not everyone has your taste.
    Apparently Stealth's are the only thing you two like.... Sad sad life.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 7 (100%) mb3000's Avatar
    Owner Since
    '09

Thanks
    Not trying to be mean or anything, but why is this a thread?

Forum User Feedback Score 1 (100%) jessecain1's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    i think the reason your getting flammed is becuase it's a neon man. hell i even laugh when i see srt4's becuase there still a neon.

i do like th mighty max good luck with it
    Motor: 3.5 6g74, 3sx lw pulley, Maximal solid mounts, 8.5mm msd wires, Big tyla ground wires
    Drive Train: Spec stage 2, Rps lightweight flywheel
    Fuel: Ohhnoo ss fuel loop, TT fuel pump, TT fuel pump assembly
    Nitrous: Zex Wet EFI Nitrous Kit, zex bottle heater, Zex purge kit, Zex no2 gauge, Nos window switch, Weevil custom ashtray nitrous switch panel
    Managment: Autometer A/F gauge, Hand Held Halo dataloger, 3sx in bay fuel pressure gauge
    Suspension: Front and rear ultimate performance strut bars, Megan springs, Saleen wheels
    Intake/Exhaust: Generic cone filter intake and arm, Ultimate performance intake box, 3sx downpipe, 3sx test pipe, Megan catback
    look Good: 3sx plug cover, 3sx engine covers, Polished plenum, Polished valve covers, Polished fuel rails, 3KGT2NV allen bolt ss kit, 2g black garnish, Rear active aero transplant, Jdm snake eyes
    Interior: Custom two tone leather, Pioneer dvd, Alpine speakers, Alpine 4way amp, Ultimate performance door sills, Razo shift knob, 3sx Aluminum Pedal Covers, dual piller pod

wasting my money on a NA since 2009

Better than that "other" place Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) x2xtreme360's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    How is the neon stock with a pretty red valve cover, upgraded ignition, battery relocate, and apillar gauge pod?

And I remember that Stealth. The craftsmanship of the hood looks to be really good, but jesus christ why isn't it on a Shittiac?

Vacuum reduction, Powdercoated misc, cruise relocate, Evo9 BOV, Custom catch cans, Russell fuel filter, SS braided fuel lines, High flow fuel loop, Autogage fuel gauge, Catless DP, DNP Y-pipe, Fuel pump hotwire.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 98NeonACR View Post
    Damn already just starting with bashing....

Neon is stock so that's just you not liking Neon's, sorry not everyone has your taste.
    Apparently Stealth's are the only thing you two like.... Sad sad life.
    if i wasn't able to own/drive a 3/s...there's plenty of other vehicles i'd still drive. a NEON is not one of them:

c5/c6 corvette
    hyundai genesis coupe
    2011+ mustang GT
    2002 camaro SS/ pontiac WS6 firebird
    370z

hell, i'd even take a garden-variety LANCER (not evo) over a goddamn neon.

you're right, not everyone has your taste. the rest of us have GOOD taste.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast