Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ripp Supercharger worth it?

Forum User verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) J-Groove's Avatar
    Owner Since
    November 1999

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post
    VR4's arent doing 260 at the wheels. 220-240 is average stock WHP for a TT AWD. FWD TT's make 260 because of less drivetrain loss.

I made many 2.2 60's in the SOHC. With more power, I could get it even lower.
    Stealthee is spot on.

I dynoed my bone stock VR-4 last year on a mustang dyno and got 248 at the wheels.

I also have a FWD TT conversion, they can be great cars when done properly.

-John

Forum User Not Verified
    Feedback Score 6 (100%)
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GTwizard View Post
    Your stuff looks great. That is what I thought I would get. You would not believe what they sent me. It was Gensin that told me they made all the pipes for 3SX.
    What ever they were trying to pull, it did not work. I have videos of there stuff. But can not up load do to sat up link cap too small. But I will try to get someone else to post them for me.
    This is not some crap I made up. These were supposed to be for Babygirldec19's car. She is a customer of mine and paid big bucks for them. So somewhere from the time you got your stuff and We got ours, something really wrong has taken place over there.
    They didn't even send any hardware or even bothered to put gaskets in with the set. Than they promissed to make good on it by sending an other set and never did. Glad you had luck with them, But I'll never order a thing from them ever again.
    grapevine says Ginsing = Warren from LMI

Not surprised you got crap if that is true.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

Forum User Feedback Score 0 GTwizard's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    well to be fair, i've only gotten the headers, not the complete kit--and i haven't installed it yet. that said, i won't hesitate a heartbeat to send it back for a refund and go with IPS if i start running into major problems. i would do the same regardless of what supplier i was buying from. ...the only thing that worries me about this plan is that IPS has been a little flaky on my orders lately.

i do have high hopes, and i'll be sure to post about it when i have everything in hand & can get it assembled.
    Dude, bolt them to a head you have setting around. The front would bolt, but was so badly twisted it would have cracked. And the rear would no go on at all.
    And the head I was using was setting on the bench. So nothing was to interfear.
    The other issue was only 3 hole accessable on the rear O2 pipe. The 4th hole was completely blocked out by the pipe itself. If we stay TD05, we will buy from Gil.(GCtechind) Check this out.

I don't know what the heck is up with IPS as well. Stas was going to give me a price on there new all black fuel system for Babygirldec19's car. I told them I would love to use this new system in this build.
    They aggreed and said they would get back to me shortly. Had a couple e-mails back and forth, but than nothing. Nothing at all. I have PM, E-mailed, left phone messages and finally gave up. Stas has put me off for 3 months.
    That is know way to treat your customers. They have no respect for those that wish to use there products. I have even left messages saying I would speak with someone else if Stas is judt simply too busy. I know how it can get sometimes. I allways have at least 5 cars I am working at the same time. But I NEVER not return phone calls. That is just strait up FN rude. Like I said, wished to use their new system as it would fit right in with the color comination I am working with. But I am done chassing them. If they change their mind and would like their new system to dabue in one of my latest builds, they will have to call me this time.
    God I sound like a prick don't I. But seams like lately, no one gives a rats ass about doing their job or doing it well.

These are huge. 1.7 primarey tubes. These are just tacked and ready to be welded. All stainless.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    yes, i'm getting the distinct impression that IPS only cares about the SBC crowd now--and has lost all care/concern for the 3/s base.

i'm not anywhere near my car right now, but i'll see about getting a test-fit with the headers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to IPD For This Useful Post:

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 7 (100%) mb3000's Avatar
    Owner Since
    '09

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Gump View Post
    grapevine says Ginsing = Warren from LMI

Not surprised you got crap if that is true.
    http://www.3sgto.org/f2/lmi-=-ssm-2644.html

From way back.

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mb3000 View Post
    i'll keep that in my crosshairs. i also have reservations about GZP.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IPD For This Useful Post:

Forum User Feedback Score 0 GTwizard's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I did not find this stuff till after I sent everything back. But even so I really don't car to much about old history as much as I to the here and now.
    Peaple and the companies they work for do and will make mistakes now and then. But this for most people and companies is an opertunity for them to improve on their manufacturing process
    and their mistakes. We build cars and get parts from all over the world. And even manufactor a few of our oun. If you have an impot and wish for the most bad ass welding you have ever see. Look at parts coming out of Korea.
    Holy crap. The welding and fit up even before weld is absolute perfect. They care about performce and what it takes to get there. Sloppy construction will never get you there. Same with parts from Japan. Flawless.
    Yes, you will pay out the butt for some of their products. But you know what, People do pay. And for good reason. They want the best. What we have here is where the owners of these little companies here wish to make a "fast nickle" reather than wait for the
    "slow quarter". So we get cheap stuff made here. and give up on the quality. That's a thought ha?
    Bottom line
    If these guys would build something here worth buying, they too could charge top dollar.

Forum User Feedback Score 3 (100%) toddrs93's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    The most complex swap we did was putting a 1st gen 1991 VR4 motor/ECU into a 3rd en 1997 SOHC 3000GT. I think the guy ended up with like $6000-$7000 in it, with a low mileage stock motor, stock intercoolers, stock fuel system, full tanabe exhaust, clutch kit and some other things. It was definitely a huge pain over the DOHC swap again like everyone said because all the accessories and alot of wiring is different.

A decent alternative would be the rear mount turbo kits. We have done a few of those and they definitely provide a better bang for your buck than the supercharger I think, and they leave alot of options open. You can start with a simple set-up and build off of it.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 7 (100%) mb3000's Avatar
    Owner Since
    '09

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toddrs93 View Post
    The most complex swap we did was putting a 1st gen 1991 VR4 motor/ECU into a 3rd en 1997 SOHC 3000GT. I think the guy ended up with like $6000-$7000 in it, with a low mileage stock motor, stock intercoolers, stock fuel system, full tanabe exhaust, clutch kit and some other things. It was definitely a huge pain over the DOHC swap again like everyone said because all the accessories and alot of wiring is different.

A decent alternative would be the rear mount turbo kits. We have done a few of those and they definitely provide a better bang for your buck than the supercharger I think, and they leave alot of options open. You can start with a simple set-up and build off of it.

Got any pics besides your avatar?

Forum User Feedback Score 3 (100%) toddrs93's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Auto Velocity | REAR MOUNT TURBO STEALTH BUILD Photo Album on Myspace

theres some of the original ones, we have changed the exhaust since then, and the turbo

sorry I didn't realize they were so small, I'll look for some more

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast