Thread: Help Needed! A Pillar Exterior rubber trim

Forum User Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks

Help Needed! A Pillar Exterior rubber trim

Hey guys!
    I sent my VR4 to get painted 2 weeks ago and noticed that the Exterior A Pillar Trim had a rubber protector which spans the whole length of the A Pillar. It was Dry Rotted and i was advised by the Body Shop to strip it off anyway so they could paint the whole piece without worry of clear coat or paint chipping off the edge in the future. Now i cant find the rubber to replace it and i need help. Mitsubishi had the Sail Panel Trim Protector however i cant find the A pillar trim Protector in the Caps/ASA program. The Whole A pillar Trim Piece is Obsolete so I can not buy that either. I have gone to Metro, Soffseal, and Steele's websites looking for a replacement however i cant find anything that's even remotely close to the piece i need. I have looked for over 20 hours on the internet to find anything that would work. I may have overlooked a website that someone could give me, or maybe there's someone out there who has already gone through this and could give me some advise. I have 2 weeks before my car is coming home, and all i have left to do is get this rubber so any help is appreciated =)

This is my green 3000 GT's A pillar Exterior trim piece. Its in great shape. This piece is located above the window.

this is a 6 inch run of the rubber protector off of the A pillar. This was the only section that was not completely Dry rotted.

This is what the trim rubber looks like from the side. it has an Angled "L" look and has a Grey double sided tape on the inner portion.

Measurements are H: 10.0 MM or 1.0 CM /// w1: 1.0 mm (flat side) /// w2: 3.0 mm (Angled Side)

Owner Since

Thanks
    A little late but I was able to find the part numbers for this trim. I thought I'd go ahead and post the part numbers in case someone one day cant find it like me and save them some time. MB645246 (RH) and MB645245 (LH). Both sides as of Nov 2, 2011 are available in limited quantities from your local Mitsu Dealer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamflange For This Useful Post:

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamflange View Post
    A little late but I was able to find the part numbers for this trim. I thought I'd go ahead and post the part numbers in case someone one day cant find it like me and save them some time. MB645246 (RH) and MB645245 (LH). Both sides as of Nov 2, 2011 are available in limited quantities from your local Mitsu Dealer.
    This is great info, it took me almost 2 days to locate this thread with the correct part numbers. I almost ordered the wrong ones given to me by dealer.
    thanks!

Owner Since

Thanks
    This is great ! I am painting mine myself right now and just scraped those dry rotted rubber pieces off. Now to get some clips and the door trim where the glass and door meet. Also need the trim piece at the top of the back glass. (mine sat out for quite a few years after this girls father passed leading to sun damage of rubber and paint)