Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1538

Thread: My LCD screen project, boost, WBO2, Knock, etc

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    You ARE the man...
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackStealth View Post
    Anyone that is running version 3.xx can upgrade to version 4.00 firmware. This new version supports all 8 computers, such as:
    1. Engine Computer
    2. Electronic Suspension Computer
    3. Digital Climate Control Computer
    4. ETACS Computer
    5. ABS Computer
    6. Cruise Control Computer
    7. SRS Airbag Computer
    8. Automatic Transmission Computer

By default the config menu has the LCDBC Add on = disabled. To read all 8 computers a new cable w/ additional hardware is required.
    http://lcdbc.xp3.biz/updates/UPDATE400.zip

I only have my prototype at the moment, and waiting on parts to be delivered before I make the LCDBC Add on available.
    What are these items?

If you're asking where you can get the LCDBC Addon, then click this link here:
    https://www.3sgto.org/threads/17200-...C-ETACS-Cruise

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I have a version 2(bought in 2012) of the LCDBC. What do i need for your most up-to-date version? Do you have any available. My car is a FED spec 94 vR4

JFC3000GT: I think you already emailed me earlier.

All others: I have a large order to fill right now, but in about 2 weeks time I'll be offering the "2019 version of the LCDBC unit" for cheap if anyone wants to upgrade their older LCDBC units. The "2020 version of the LCDBC units" support OLED.

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    OLED, that sounds awesome!

I made 3D printed adapters for OLED air vent adapter, and coin/cruise control tray. Any LCDBC owners that are running v3.x or v4.x software can run an OLED display. If your LCDBC has a metal heat sink, and it's not powering any extra sensors, you can safely use the OLED display without any external power adapter. For power users that have many extra sensors attached to their LCDBC unit, the OLED display will have to be powered up by an external power adapter.

Incidentally, the only difference between the 2019 and 2020 version of the LCDBC main box is an additional voltage regulator.

Also another bonus with the OLED display, it only uses 4 wires, compared to 12 wires of the LCD display, making the cable less bulky.

Last edited by BlackStealth; 01-22-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Monogamous Gigolo verified
    Owner Since
    October 2009

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I made 3D printed adapters for OLED air vent adapter, and coin/cruise control tray. Any LCDBC owners that are running v3.x or v4.x software can run an OLED display. If your LCDBC has a metal heat sink, and it's not powering any extra sensors, you can safely use the OLED display without any external power adapter. For power users that have many extra sensors attached to their LCDBC unit, the OLED display will have to be powered up by an external power adapter.

Incidentally, the only difference between the 2019 and 2020 version of the LCDBC main box is an additional voltage regulator.

Also another bonus with the OLED display, it only uses 4 wires, compared to 12 wires of the LCD display, making the cable less bulky.

Can you still program the color with the OLED?

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks

Hey you forgot to mention that you now have a 4-line display!

How do I order one!?

The OLED has no color, just black background and one foreground color. What I find love about this OLED is how black the background is, and how fast it works in cold weather, unlike the LCD type which gets sluggish in cold weather. The OLED is rated for -40C or -40F.

The screen is now 4 lines by 20 characters, comparing to the LCD which was 2 lines by 16 characters. Maybe in 7-10 days I'll be ready to sell OLED options, I'm just busy at the moment fulfilling orders to 3SX.

Blue: https://www.digikey.ca/product-detai...AB3-ND/5022951
    Yellow: https://www.digikey.ca/product-detai...AY3-ND/5022949
    Green: https://www.digikey.ca/product-detai...AG3-ND/5022950
    White: https://www.digikey.ca/product-detai...AW3-ND/7942051