Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NG... Is it worth going to?

Real drivers don't use speed limits verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) Woz's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks

NG... Is it worth going to?

I just want some opinions on people who have been there. I am debating on going or not and I just want to know all about it since it's not exactly a next door drive. I also heard this may be the last one ever? Opinions welcomed!

Roo fuckers anonymous verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) GTO Assassin's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    According to nelson, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nelson bernarde View Post
    This thing has to be change . We need a real NG's with real people running it.

NBF
    I know is not 3si but whoever runs it don't know shit about it, simple as that. we gotta have people that know how to make real events for our cars not that crap shit organisation events they do all the time at NG's that's what i meant.

NBF
    this is only a 3/s event and should be black and white to everyone , we need to know where's the money goes , they have sponsors so there should be pay outs not a cones.
    We need to see all the paper work with all the numbers to see what was left from the previous event tours to the next one (year).
    As a sponsor in 2007 i ask for that and never got a answer so if they want to do their dury business in their own house by themselves its ok also. I don't like to be involved in crock unclean deals. That may be the reason they are quitting.

NBF
    I was paying every year the registration,fees and guests until 2007. the only thing i was asking was for them to send me a t-shirt to hold for every year that they never did or care about , lol talking about respect.
    2007 want to become a sponsor to help and donate for this event which i did, while i was there i wanted to feel where i was stepping so i was asking questions to tell everyone how things going and "NOTHING" so i decide to quit.
    I go to a lot of events where i race and such that i don't donate anything and they even tell me how things going money wise and everything . They make me and everyone feel part of the event and that's the main thing. Today i donate a lot for those events because i know where the money goes and i always push farther for a good event.
    I hope you all have fun there and be safe ,i really do. Now i'm out of this thread.

NBF
    Sorry to post that negativity, but he just seems to overstep the line time and time again. For the love of all that is holy, GIVE THAT FOOL A T-SHIRT!

Scotty

P.s - to answer your question, go. It will be a kick ass time.

Real drivers don't use speed limits verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) Woz's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    it's ok, everyone has their opinion and I am looking for both the goods and bads. I appreciate your answer though =)

Roo fuckers anonymous verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) GTO Assassin's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've never been but I would LOVE to go. The biggest gathering of 3/S's on the planet and a chance to meet all the members here who have helped me over the years are two pretty damn good reasons I'de love to go. The opportunity to buy Alan a cheese burger is also high up on my list of things to do as well.

In case you missunderstood my original post, you should ignore anything nelson has to say.

Scotty

3SWiki.org Feedback Score 0 stealthify's Avatar
    Owner Since
    10+ Years

Thanks
    Do it! You're a heck of a lot closer than I am.

The chances of another NG as unique and memorable as this one are pretty slim. The people are friendly, and all of you will have one big thing in common: the love for these cars. If you have the vacationing budget and the time, I think you'll regret not going.

Administrator Feedback Score 3 (100%) Alan92RTTT's Avatar
    Owner Since
    02/1998

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hell yes its worth going.

I did not start the event and from 04-06 I was just the web guy.

Its a blast and I look forward to NG week all year. Since 07 After Jeremy And Tiffany left I've had to work a lot more on site and its still a blast to.

If you love 3S's and you can go you should .

Thermal Engineer- Mmbr Since:8/2005 verified Feedback Score 0 Alex3000gt's Avatar
    Owner Since
    6/2005

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GTO Assassin View Post
    I've never been but I would LOVE to go. The biggest gathering of 3/S's on the planet and a chance to meet all the members here who have helped me over the years are two pretty damn good reasons I'de love to go. The opportunity to buy Alan a cheese burger is also high up on my list of things to do as well.

In case you missunderstood my original post, you should ignore anything nelson has to say.

Scotty
    Scotty, why you gave that jackass Nelson another chance to spread his bumbling idiotic and insulting ramblings is beyond me. You aren't being helpful here or in the thread on the other site, just stop.

Back on topic. The NG is the best opportunity to get to know the people behind the cars. It's also an excellent time to compete against cars that are identical (at least aesthetically) to your own car in drag racing, autocross and road racing.

I've been to 06, 07 and 2010 - I will also be there this year. In short, just get off your butt and go. It is a hell of a good time and a great chance to unwind from life and escape from the reality of these cars getting older and fewer in number every year. I go because it is motivation to make my car better in show and 'go'.

'92 3000GT Base ATX converted to MTX - Parted Out
    '91 Stealth ES MTX - Fastest NA FWD at NG11 Drags - SOLD
    '91 Stealth RT/TT Check out my blog
    '10 Jetta TDI MTX - 6 speed: 50MPG Highway
    Rest In Peace, My Brother SGT. R. Evans Taylor: Apr 23 '83 - Oct 14 '11

Advanced Tech? verified Feedback Score 0 i3igpete's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    and there are plenty of other guys driving from new england. you will be with a fairly large group.
    Maddog Performance Engineering

11 sec FWD! (old name: 94atxvr2) Feedback Score 0 11secondFWD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    2004 ****Click my home page for videos*****

Thanks
    I went in 07 and 09 and it was great. I am going again this year. I am bringing my talon to drag race and my friend is driving my vr4 for the other events. It is worth it and it will be great this year. You get to see a bunch of cool guys, a bunch of sweet cars, and race/mess around with your car at many events. And if you are like many owners you love 3S's more than any other cars, so where else can you see so many at once and see them performing.

I love to drag race but at my track if there is 100 cars there, 80 are mustangs, 15 others are muscle cars, I am in the talon and there are a few ricers (like integras running 18s with a body kit). SO to be able to go and see only 3S's drag race, autocross, road race, show off at the car show, and go around IMS, its like heaven. Although, you will have to stomach watching my dsm race in the "other" class. I wouldnt bring it because it is not a 3S but I am bringing my 3S and I cannot race at any of my tracks without a roll cage. I am hoping there are not any rules like that at the strip. In past years they checked lug nuts and that was about it, no real tech, so I am looking forward to get some more good times until I can afford a cage.

But short answer is HELL YES, there is NO reason to miss it and if you love 3S's why would you want to miss it.

92 Eagle Talon TSI AWD Auto = 10.61@127.8 (1.4 60ft)
    94 3000gt SL 8:1TT 5spd getrag = 11.87@123 (1.8 60ft)
    91 3000gt VR4 13gs = 11.61@115 (1.59 60ft)

Forum User verified Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    yes, i went to ng09 and it was one of the best times ive ever had. going again this year fo sho.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast