Thread: Progression of Collar Bone fracture

There's is a bit of good in evryone verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Progression of Collar Bone fracture

Looks like the doctors messed up on me

Xray 4 hours after the accident

Xray today

The doctor basically in more words told me to deal with it.

DR-750 club Not Verified
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    Oh my god, that looks painful!

Deal with it.... =P
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

Owner Since

Thanks
    WTF!!!!! He tried saying he's never seen anything like this Guess he's never messed up on a patient before

DR-750 club Not Verified
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    How does that happen? Also, how did that feel? I can only imagine weird.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FeaRpb View Post
    How does that happen? Also, how did that feel? I can only imagine weird.
    It happened because the doctor decided to NOT brace my fracture. It hurts like hell and reduces my range of motion. Fractured Collarbones are the worst.

Southernmost 3S Owner supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    When you sue him for malpractice, tell him to "deal with it".

2015 NG: Best in Show. Best Custom Interior. Best Custom Exterior. 2nd place,Best Engine Bay. 2nd place,Best 1st Gen. 2nd place,Longest distance driven. 3rd place, Coolest Accessories. 3rd place, Autocross Class 2
    2014 NG: Best in Show. Best 1st Gen. 2nd place, Best Interior. 2nd place, Furthest Distance Driven. 3rd Place, Peoples Choice. 3rd place, Best Engine Bay. 3rd place, Best Custom Exterior
    2013 NG: 1st place, FWD Drags
    2011 NG: Best Overall and Best 1st Gen. 3rd place Autocross FWD Modified and FWD Drags
    2009 NG: Best 1st Gen 3S and Best Interior. 3rd place, Autocross, FWD Modified.

Mods include 18in. Moda wheels and BF Goodrich KDW's, Tein Flex suspension, R1 Concepts rotors, 3SX stainless steel engine dress up kit. Blue/black carbon fiber 575 hood, VLS and a full RT conversion. Audio mods include a Kenwood DVD touch screen HU, Kenwood speakers, Memphis audio 5 channel amp and 12" Subs. Corbeau Leather seats, carbon fiber dash trim and HID upgrade.

Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 93STLTH View Post
    When you sue him for malpractice, tell him to "deal with it".

seriously though...why not just solve the problem

YOUUSSS TRROOOLLLIN supporter
    Owner Since
    8/2008

Thanks
    christ, that looks bad. i fractured mine a few years back - doctors told me i was borderline for surgery, basically told me to deal with it, too. on my 6 or 8 week checkup (not sure when exactly, but in that range) they took x-rays and were basically like "yeah...you should have had the surgery. oops." i lost two inches on my wingspan.

looks similar to my break:

how'd you break yours?
    (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

-jeff

1992 SVX LS-L
    1996 3000GT FWD-TT
    2005 XC90 T6 AWD

i collect parts.

6g74 block : 6g74 crankshaft (for sale!) : 6g75 crankshaft : 6g74/75 forged H-beam rods : 6g75 MIVEC heads : 2x 20G TD05 turbos

DrWeldin Wastegate upgrades : DrWeldin brushed sparkplug cover : Pampena solid rear diff bushings : STM brainded stainless clutch line : GZP remote clutch bleeder : Maximal Performance? T-case bracket : Seattle91VR4 poly motor mounts : front solid motor sound : 98SL ECU w/ Chrome & BlackStealth adapter harness : 3SX O2 simulators : TLE Groundwire kit

Krank Vents (original) : 3.0" GM MAF : 3.75" GM MAF w/ adapter harness : MAFT 1.x : NinjaPerformance remote IAC block : BlackStealth LCD Boost Controller : NinjaPerformance Boost Controller : Dejon split y-pipe : Dejon pre-turbo intake pipes w/ K&N filters : K&N FIPK kit : DSM SMICs : Tim/*GT Custom TD05 SMICs BIGGER THAN YOURS : random tech high-flow cat : M2 exhaust

Jackhammer Dual pump fuel hangar : 2x Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel pumps : SX -10AN fuel filter : 450cc DSM blacktop injectors : 880cc delphi injectors : Stealthlabel injector quick disconnect clips : custom stainless steel breaded PTFE dual feed fuel setup : Fuelab FPR : Skillard underbody fuel channel

96 Stealth spoiler (original) : 2x Cianci 52mm DS B-pillar gauge pods w/ 1x matching PS blank B-pillar (different manufacturers) : Billet grill : random eBay? strut bar

Owner Since

Thanks
    Mine broke in a car accident. Yours looks better than mine...I wish I had yours. I'm going back in a month for more xrays

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Just finished a semester of Human Osteology, and I saw many broken Clavicle segments. Of course all of them were ancient. Not sure why a doctor wouldn't decide to fix something like that. The bone is kinda important of you. It is the first bone to start to ossify, and the last to finish. So if you are below 30, that bone possibly isn't done fusing. If the bone can be set and immobilized, then surgery may not be needed, but obviously in both your cases, that wasn't possible. I'd have insisted on going under the knife for a break like that. Any chance you got any good pictures of you that aren't X-rays? I'd love to see the break and how the muscles in the neck likely pulled the section of it that is medial upwards.
    WWW.3sofflorida.com is the new home for 3000GT & Stealth Enthusiasts in Florida. Sign up today. But also stay on this site too. Think of it as having multiple homes. Its a sign of being filthy rich.