Thread: Upcoming Swap!

Wink Upcoming Swap!

I just picked up a wrecked VR4 with front end damage for a great price. So long as the engine is still good, which I believe that it is, I'm just going to do a straight swap from the wrecked VR4 to my NA Stealth.

It should be a fun swap with lots of vehicular carnage including sawzalls and cutting wheels.

Everything is going to be meticulously documented with photos and video so look forward to seeing not only a progress report but also maybe some tutorials plus tips and tricks.

As an added bonus, we'll be filming the complete destruction of a VR4 as we cut it to pieces and recycle the parts for scrap money. I'm sure it's going to bring tears to the eyes of a few but it is a first gen and it's not rebuild-able.

I'm not going to do the AWD swap since I hold the firm conviction that if you wanted a VR4, you should have bought one. This is just going to be a fun project since I have the opportunity to do it and since my Stealth is far from my daily driver.

I'm pretty proud that my stealth has come this far. It started out as an ATX and after many years I did the 5-speed swap and now I'm going to the next level just for fun and doing a TT swap.

The project is scheduled to start the weekend of October 2nd. Look forward to it

***** Abuser
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Good luck with the project. Be sure you cut out the rear end mounts with the sawzaw. Even if you aren't doing the AWD conversion, those can do someone else a lot of good.

Minnesota 3/S
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I would do the AWD swap if you're going to have every thing needed for it anyway. My buddy and I did it last year its not too bad and its well worth it in the end. Either way though good luck I would do another AWD TT swap in a second (if I had the money)! Keep us updated!

Insomniac
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Would you be interested in parting with the rear mounts?

Good call on cutting out the rear mount end mount points. I might just do that. As the build goes on, I'll be keeping a running list of the normal and unique parts for sale too.

As far as doing the AWD swap, I have a VR4 too so I've already got that covered. I'm particularly interested in maintaining the car as FWD to test out some concepts that I've been wondering about for a long time. Plus, I'm also more interested in the money I can make from selling the rear end

P.S. I'm paying off the rest of the parts car next week so the following weekend the carnage will ensue!

Just a preview of the fun.

Before:
    VR201.jpg

VR202.jpg

After: (but not yet finished)
    VR203.jpg

VR204.jpg

The engine and manifolds look ok so far so the swap is still on.

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since
    since i was 18 of my first 3000gt that was 2008

Thanks
    subscribed, im in for pics as im doing the same thing to my SL in a few months.
    Good luck with the build

FWD TT conversion almost ready

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Whatever happened?