Thread: EBC reads differently than boost gauge

Forum User
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks

EBC reads differently than boost gauge

just installed an EBC over the weekend... I tee'd the vacuum port from the back of the module into the hose that comes off the Y-pipe and goes to the solenoid. my boost gauge comes off the back middle-ish of the intake manifold.
    Anyways they read differently most of the time. If I'm holding steady boost at say 5 lbs (per boost gauge) then the EBC will also read 5 lbs 80% of the time but most of the time they are not together... Sometimes I will not even be in boost and my EBC will be reading 1psi or more of boost...
    did I do something wrong here? I already verified it's set for psi, not KPA or bar

Forum User
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuny View Post
    just installed an EBC over the weekend... I tee'd the vacuum port from the back of the module into the hose that comes off the Y-pipe and goes to the solenoid. my boost gauge comes off the back middle-ish of the intake manifold.
    Anyways they read differently most of the time. If I'm holding steady boost at say 5 lbs (per boost gauge) then the EBC will also read 5 lbs 80% of the time but most of the time they are not together... Sometimes I will not even be in boost and my EBC will be reading 1psi or more of boost...
    did I do something wrong here? I already verified it's set for psi, not KPA or bar
    i dont know why nobody has replied to you yet, but the bolded text is your problem.
    you need to tap into the line going into your intake manifold for the ebc, just like your boost gauge. not before the throttle body.
    how did you install your ebc? one hose goes to intake manifold, one to before the throttle body, last one to a t going equal lengths to your wastegates.
    1990 GTO - 12.50@115 15g's&supporting

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rez604 For This Useful Post:

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

hopefully that helps
    double check to see if your lines match up with the pic.
    the basic go fast bits...
    forged short block, Billet DR1000's, 680cc injectors, meth inj, FMIC, MAFT, Apexi Neo, hotwired 255lph fuel pump.

Tuned by Ray Pampena

Just a fun Daily Driver.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thor'svr4 For This Useful Post:

Forum User
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks! looks like I have everything correct except the pressure sensor. I thought I could T in where I did.. made it easier to keep things looking clean back there. I have equal length from the wastegates etc. etc. just need to connect the pressure sensor to the correct spot. Thanks again.