Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Emanage Ultimate tuning and maps thread

| @/|/| +|2()|/| verified
    Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks

Smile Emanage Ultimate tuning and maps thread

Since we dont have one of these I figured Id start one.

This thread is for anything to do with tuning with EMU. It would be greatly appreciated if you could post up maps and info on your car.

Id also like this thread to be available for people with questions on EMU and possibly have a starting point for new users.

So, anyone have maps you can post up? Help me get started. ... Also, I dont know where to start. Im running 1000cc injectors and tuning with a MAP. I would also like to run E85 but that can wait.. Ill start going through the EMU thread on 3si..I love learning .

Forum User
    Owner Since
    Dec 2005

Thanks
    PM bboyalan with this link

Yes pm alan, im sure he has a closet full of maps and logs.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    After tuning with MAP for over a year now, I seriously suggest keeping some sort of MAS.

Grayson has posted Airflow maps in several places to get started but you should make your own with your mods by using the sampling feature.

There's already been a few threads with tons of suggestions. Not sure if anyone has successfully tuned an EMU without issues faking the MAS.
    '92 Dodge Stealth RT/TT - Aug. 2012 COTM

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I've attached a couple of logs to try and keep an EMU thread going for once. This is in the middle of me tuning so there are lean/rich spots but I wanted to illustrate the throttle dependency issues I always mention.

In the 2nd pull ~13psi file, when I stab the throttle, around 3660, you can see that the AFR dips low.

In the 2nd ~14psi file, a similar situation at 4740, a 3% throttle difference, and also at 10*F AIT.

I don't have a log of it, if I hold ~0psi it stays right around 14.0afr.

I've already compensated for this quite a bit, but I'm obviously not there.

14psi feels pretty good after running wastegate at 10psi all winter.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    Hey thanks guys!..

B-Man - Well the air filter as of now will be right on the turbo. Id have to either make my own makeshift intake, or make a spot right before the throttle body. Also, what turbos are you running and whats your setup? It seems you dont build boost very early..

Think it would be okay to run EMU in the mode that it just tries to keep a constant AFR? Just to run some half ass runs and get a base.
    Last edited by terrets; 05-03-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by terrets View Post
    Hey thanks guys!..

B-Man - Well the air filter as of now will be right on the turbo. Id have to either make my own makeshift intake, or make a spot right before the throttle body. Also, what turbos are you running and whats your setup? It seems you dont build boost very early..

Think it would be okay to run EMU in the mode that it just tries to keep a constant AFR? Just to run some half ass runs and get a base.
    13Ts with the MAFless EMU. Practically full boost at 3200rpm isn't bad. The Halman isn't helping.

Do you mean the autotune feature? I ran that and it does it's job, but you have to help it a lot for a good tune.

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    the auto tune really needs to be used with caution if you are using the i/j accleration map. The i/j correction can make the emu think you are too rich when first acclerating and it can pull a ton of fuel, destroying the tune there.

Besides that problem the auto works great to quickly rough in a WOT tune. I like to start with a low correction max like .5 or 1%. It is best to start at about 2000 RPM in 3rd and go WOT all the way to redline. After 2 or 3 of these you will be really close.

I really only use the auto tune for light cruising and > 3 PSI. Using it for part throttle between cruising and 3 PSI doesn't seem to work well. I'm not running narrowbands FYI.

I believe the wideband latency or the amount of time between what's actually happening in the cylinder and the time the wideband reads and proccesses the value is too slow to handle part throttle well. Narrowbands actually do better at this because of their design and the fact that they are so close to the head.
    Last edited by Chris@Rvengeperformance; 05-04-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

Owner Since
    December 2009

Thanks
    B-Man - Bahhaha I was looking at milliseconds. /facepalm. My mistake

Thanks for the info Forest...Third tops out at 120ish, correct?

And how about getting it started the first time? This is a fresh rebuild and Id like it running somewhat good when I do the initial breakin.
    Last edited by terrets; 05-04-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Forrest is absolutely right about the autotune feature. That's basically what I experienced with it. Stab the throttle and it messes up a whole block of your tune.

As for fresh startup, I'd try and run with a MAF until engine is broken in. If you're already set up for MAFless, try running stock injectors with Grayson or somebody elses Airflow Map.