I have a '93 vr4. I've collected all parts I want to change the look of it, just need to get it into a shop and painted.

I have $15,000 to spend on performance parts, what would you recommend?

The car has 145k miles on it, I've done all the regular maintenance (120k service and beyond replacing 'the usual'), drove it to key west (4500 miles) with no worries and no issues. Solid runner.

I have the borla exhaust, tein flex, brembo brakes. Everything else mechanically is stock.

I'm big on having a stable car, so I really was thinking have the engine completely rebuilt, then focus the work around bigger turbos and the supporting mods.

But in the end, how would a couple of you spend $15,000 all in the angle of performance?

I want to be able to drive the car comfortably on the road, particularly at distances (I'm a big road trip fan). So, I don't want anything too unruly. Maybe the difference between $10,000 and $15,000 isn't even that big and I should just save the money? I'd just like to hear some thoughts directly on my exact subject, I've gathered my own personal opinion, but won't let that influence people who have already been through this.