• These rules are awesome

11 17.74%
  • CoreyB's Chat Box, his rules

8 12.90%
  • CoreyB for Chat Box Moderator

8 12.90%
  • We dont need rules in Chat Box

11 17.74%
  • Ban CoreyB for an overinflated sense of self and ego.

1,040 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ByeroC's Imaginary Chat Box Rules

Here for the party Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Chat Box Rules

Let it be known, all I have written is to be taken as pure comedy. Not meant to be serious or followed in any way.

As you have all by now noticed Alan (The great administer) has been so kind as to provide us with a chat box. We want to keep this chat box because it is full of winning. So some ground rules need to be laid out to retain order. I have made most of these rules known to the common users, however there are at times confusion and even rebellion. So I feel it would be fair to provide these rules for you all in advance.

Chat Box Rules as Written by Myself

#1: White text. White text is to be avoided at all times. I am on chat box, well constantly. I cant be having added strain to my eyes because you have white text. This will politely be responded to with "User change your fucking color". This gets the point across quickly and avoids confusion.

#2: Underlined text. Underlined text really stands out, many times as a link making me want to click it. This leaves me pissed that I clicked nothing more than underlined text. Underlined text is permitted only on a temporary basis for this reason.

#3: Respect. Respect is important in chat box. For this reason you must always capitalize a users name. If you fail you will be warned and told "Dont do it again"

#4: Images Images are ok on a temporary basis. Chat box is small, if you load it with images there is no room for adult conversation. This does not make for a pleasant chat box experience. All images must be safe for work do to chat box being open to all users all the time. NSFW images could lead to a chat box closure or a vacation for the poster. We want to avoid this. You will get one warning if you are lucky "Not permitted.

#5: Links. Links can be fun, we all like to look as pics of hot chicks and other educational things. However a chat box full of links does not permit for adult conversation to proceed. You will be asked nicely to "Please refrain from link whoring". Your cooperation is important.

#6: Grammar. Proper grammar is important for adult conversation. If you misspell or dont make sense you will be informed that "You fail at chat". This can be useful for those like me who cant spell for shit, as we will learn as we chat.

#7: Three letter minimum. While sometimes acceptable such as when saying "NO" a general three letter rule makes for a nice chat box and permits for sentences to be formed.

#8: MY Chat Box. While Alan will completely and totally deny this it is my chat box. At times when you are out of order you will be reminded of this by several polite sayings. "User, are you High", "Do you know where the fuck you are", and "My chat box MY rules". At times for unknown reasons these nice sayings are met with rebellion, this is when you will be asked to "Please refrain".

#9: Questions. You are allowed three formal questions a day in chat box. This is to keep users from making chat box there own personal Q&A box. If you have more than three questions start a fucking thread. This will keep valuable information stored in 3SGTO, its important.

#10: Addressing. At times chat box is a very busy place. In order to avoid confusion addressing may be required. When this happens you may be reminded "Addressing, its important". This prevents all the clutter of "Who are you talking to".

These rules are important and I will add more as I think of them. Following these rules will ensure a pleasurable, safe and educational experience for all chatters. Thank you.
    Last edited by CoreyB; 11-29-2012 at 01:43 PM.

DR-750 club Not Verified
    Owner Since
    I could drive.

Thanks
    Ummm, MY Chatbox core MY Chat Box =D

But we can keep order in the room.
    July 2014 COTM
    We follow the earth. The earth follows the stars. The stars know their way and though the body dies. The stars will remain, like the waves of the sea and restless slate.

i feel like these rules were made because of me... glad im the reason for something.. Thanx cOREYb!!!

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks
    The voting is going as I suspected.

Jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by Echo419 View Post
    Douches

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HilbillyHomeboy For This Useful Post:

Owner Since

Thanks
    Dammit Jeremy

Forum User supporter
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I voted. Btw, it's spelled "sense" in this case

Stuper Moderator
    Owner Since
    January 2003

Thanks

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HilbillyHomeboy For This Useful Post:

BAD ASS - I've got one Not Verified
    Owner Since
    2/2010

Thanks
    Corey is already the dominant figure in the 'box - a week-old legend.

True story.
    Ranked No. #1 in initial quality

Idiots, simply by being idiots, seem capable of achieving randomly bad things that are beyond the imaginings of sensible people.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Got to #3 and voted ban corey.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Owner Since

Thanks
    Paul, thanks a lot buddy.