Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: amazon NA downpipe

it looks like its going to fit properly... is it worth the money?

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    no, no, no.
    The pipe is designed wrong, its the same as the ebay ones. the back bank is actually directed INTO the front bank because of the way the pipe is bent. After we all figured that out and started talking about it, they just took different pictures so you cant tell what angle its at.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Wonder if it would still be cheaper to cut it off clean it up and have it re-welded the proper direction. But then the fitt would be even worse...
    How can someone be so dumb to design the pipe like that? Thats so much turbulence it's not even funny. It would also send the pulses of the exhaust into eachother, which is a huge no no. Do NOT buy this exhaust.
    Last edited by Amphiron; 04-18-2011 at 05:49 PM.

Well, although not correct, they fit better now with the 2 flex sections. But there are better ones out there. If the idea of the exhaust bent wrong bothers you, I bet there "is a little" improvement over stock. How much are you hoping to get with ones that is bent correctly? If you are looing for performance, than you should be going headers. Than the headers won't do much by themselves, so other mods are needed to wake those up. Just how far you plan on taking the project. If your are looking for big power, these motors take lots of coaksing and cash to make them sing. So, that being said. If your not looking to get invoived with a money pit. This exhaust down pipe may be just the inexpensive ticket you are looking for.

thankzz guys am not buying it then,,,,, but am looking to improve my exhaust system this is what i have in mind from engine to muffler tip(3sx long tube headers ,,test pipe , resonator (since i have an NA), from there a Y-pipe with 2 N1 mufflers all this on 2.5" tube what do you guys think?

something like this

That's all you need. But if you do headers, The OBX is a better fitment. I know. Been there done that. At least used to be. Had to hammer the dog shit out of the last 3SX I installed for someone. My OBX bolted up with out a hitch.
    So tell me. What system is that posted above. It looks sweeeeet. But go 3".

This is the sound of our 3" in from header to Flow master, than twin 2.5s out from that. No other mufflers or resinators.

1st ever COTM and COTY verified
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x2percentmilk View Post
    no, no, no.
    The pipe is designed wrong, its the same as the ebay ones. the back bank is actually directed INTO the front bank because of the way the pipe is bent. After we all figured that out and started talking about it, they just took different pictures so you cant tell what angle its at.
    I was looking at it before I read your post and I was like WTF!?!?!?!?!? That pipe looks like it’s heading the wrong way!!! Definitely stay away from that pipe. I can’t believe they actually made that. It would seem somebody down the line would say hey this shit is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy