Thread: Anyone know how to setup your AEM EMS antilag???

Forum User Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

Anyone know how to setup your AEM EMS antilag???

i want to get this anti lag set up so i can use it to launch. anyone know how to set it up or have a setup I can test?? I read the manual but not really sure

here is what are currently on my car. I dont even think its on? if i hold the gas down it doesnt spool...Are these setting correct? this was setup up from a previous tuner...

1/4 mile 11.80 @117mph. 551whp 641trq @ 26psi E85 tune, MTC 19T-HLs, forge 15psi spring wastegates, 780 PTE inj, 3SX Fuel loop, ss fuel lines, Engine built by Laniers Speed shop, block bored .060 w/ chromolly rings, weisco pistons, 3sx custom forged rods, forged crank, HKS DLI, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO wideband, prosport oil and boost guages, aeromotive 1000 FPR, Dejon blow thru twintakes, Walbro E85 400 w/ 3sx hotwire kit and custom an fitting fuel pump w/ STM filter to pump line, CXRacing FMIC, Megan Racing Aluminum radiator, IPS custom downpipe, Borla 3" exhaust,Greddy profec b spec II EBC, Blitz SS BOV,R1 Drilled slotted rotors, Drag DR-31 rims, RPS stage 4 unsprung clutch,

Riding topless!! verified
    Owner Since
    Owned 8 3s since 2005.

Thanks
    What is the benefit of this versus 2 step?

Antilag spools the turbos without the car having to be under load. People use this in conjuction with the 2 step to have spooled turbos before/during a launch.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Frostedbutts For This Useful Post:

Owner Since
    - O - SIX -

Thanks
    Very good Trev!

You know how I feel Mike. I don't think you should do it.

Anyone know how to setup your AEM EMS antilag???

Forum User verified
    Owner Since
    ~2006

Thanks
    Like they said I wouldn't use it unless your putting down some money or something.

On my eManage setup I have it cutting ignition at like 3,500 RPM and it builds a few pounds. I would assume you could do the same. Cutting the ignition (opposed to retarding it) should be a lot better, but I still wouldn't sit on it/use it constantly.

Forum User Not Verified

Owner Since

Thanks
    can't you just setup the 2 step without the anti-lag and not do damage?

Parting 6 speed
    Pampena 3.5 Stroker, GTX 2867 Gen IIs, AEM Series2, oohnoo SMIC, DN Hardpipes, FIC 1650s, Walbro 525, aermotive fpr, Dejon intake pipes, Tial Q, Koyo Rad, Samco Hoses, Stoptech 332mm fronts, HKS GT4 Coilovers, Spec 4+ LW, JDM 6 Speed, Billet shift forks, Pampena brace

I'll agree with Jer, the ALS system is not one to be taken lightly. It does build a tremendous amount of heat. It does work, works really well actually. Just to give ya an idea, it spooled a GT42 up to 9 psi in a matter of 1 second. The 2 step comes on, then the ALS will engage. It's great for launch control. The NLTS-ALS is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

For reference, this was the first time I tried it.