Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd gen clear headlight covers

PMP Motorsports
    Owner Since

Thanks

2nd gen clear headlight covers

We have a way to make clear headlight covers for the 2nd gen headlights but want to gauge interest before putting in the R&D to make it happen. It would be a UV scratch resistant lexan that would replace the painted ones.

Who would be interested in the product and is there anything you think we should know before diving into this?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jocelynn For This Useful Post:

PMP

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    i posted in your other thread.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    This would be an awesome idea. I'm assuming this would allow people w/the lexan headlights to be able to make them identical to the glass ones, yes? It would be extremely nice to know that I don't have to go straight for the more expensive glass lights when I do a conversion but, of course, for those of us doing conversions, the price for the lenses and some used lexans would have to be under the price of some restored glass headlights. (sorry for the long sentence...) I am very interested to see what you can come up with
    60% of the time, my car works every time.

PMP Motorsports
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inperfectdarkness View Post
    i posted in your other thread.
    thanks! responded in other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MADMarc View Post
    This would be an awesome idea. I'm assuming this would allow people w/the lexan headlights to be able to make them identical to the glass ones, yes? It would be extremely nice to know that I don't have to go straight for the more expensive glass lights when I do a conversion but, of course, for those of us doing conversions, the price for the lenses and some used lexans would have to be under the price of some restored glass headlights. (sorry for the long sentence...) I am very interested to see what you can come up with
    yeah, im hoping to rival the glass ones, and from what i understand eventually the glass ones will run out right? or is someone manufacturing them currently?

Member verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocelynn View Post
    thanks! responded in other thread.

yeah, im hoping to rival the glass ones, and from what i understand eventually the glass ones will run out right? or is someone manufacturing them currently?
    Nobody is reproducing any kind of lenses for second gens headlights. There was a guy on 3si that was, but he disappeared, I bought his last set. They were o.k. but the quality was lacking.

I was helping another guy with trying to get the 99's reproduced, but he has also disappeared.

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dbest671 View Post
    Nobody is reproducing any kind of lenses for second gens headlights. There was a guy on 3si that was, but he disappeared, I bought his last set. They were o.k. but the quality was lacking.

I was helping another guy with trying to get the 99's reproduced, but he has also disappeared.

this is the problem right here.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Just like dbest said, nobody is currently making anything for the stock headlights for us. Closest thing I know of ATM is lat's updated 1g headlight setup for the 3k but that is a different subject. I'm sure once you get an idea of what it'd cost and share it with the forums you will get a much better idea of how many people would want it. Then again...there do seem to be a ton of people that swear they will buy something until the time comes when they are either out of money or nowhere to be found. I'm genuinely interested though...and I mean it!

There will be Blood! verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    This would be awesome! At some point I will get a set as well.

Help them, for they know not that which they do not know!
    CoopKill's Mistress Makeover Thread!
    "Punk, Nutswinging, Small Time, Asshat, Monkey, Jerkoff, Loser that rides on other peoples accomplishments!" . .

Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MADMarc View Post
    Just like dbest said, nobody is currently making anything for the stock headlights for us. Closest thing I know of ATM is lat's updated 1g headlight setup for the 3k but that is a different subject. I'm sure once you get an idea of what it'd cost and share it with the forums you will get a much better idea of how many people would want it. Then again...there do seem to be a ton of people that swear they will buy something until the time comes when they are either out of money or nowhere to be found. I'm genuinely interested though...and I mean it!
    yes, there are a lot of flakes on the board. however, i've wanted robo 99's for a LONG time.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    whooooah, are we talking 99 covers as well as the flat 2g? those would sell like hot cakes.