So when I first got my car a few years ago the brake rotors were ok but shortly after they began to warp.

Something leading up to this just for background (I have no idea if this has anything to do with it). I was beating on the car through some back roads with some nice S corners when I came over a hill and someone was rolling to a stop at the intersection, I wasn't sure if they were going to stop or not so I got on the brakes pretty hard (no tire screech or anything) and it sounded like a piece of metal popped and I could feel it in the brake pedal.

I could not find anything wrong with the car from just looking at it afterwards and the car seemed to brake just fine still.

So that being said. I warped my stock rotors which I assumed had just been used and old. I got the IPS street brake package (IPS Motorsports) which I installed and brakes were nice and smooth again.

Drove it around for quite a while no problems. A short time later I got some 5Zigen Fn0rc1 (or w/e they are called) wheels and installed those. Still no problems for a few months or so then they start to warp again. At this point I was not sure that the first ones were the issue so I got them turned and installed again (the stock rotors). Few months pass, warped again, rinse and repeat about 3 times now after turning both sets 2 times or so.

I know that turning the rotors may make them out of balance and they will be susceptible to warping more easily but after a few thousand miles that does not seem right.

SO all of that being said here are the few things I need to know.

1. Could the wheels that I got put an uneven surface on the rotor to the point that they are warping them? Note: I have had these on and off a few times and torque them to speck each time.

2. I believe I am missing the little spring-loaded piece of metal that sits between the 2 pins on the back of the calipers (can't remember if its both sides or just one). Could this be the thing that I hear "pop" when I was on the in the first few weeks of having the car? and could this affect me constantly warping rotors?

3. I have been told that crappy pads can cause rotors to warp if you drive it somewhat hard (I do drive it hard but not to the point it should warp rotors like this). So would replacing AGAIN with new rotors and better pads correct the issue? I plan on going with carbotech rotors and pads.

ANYTHING else that someone has experienced and/or troubleshot with the same issue would be incredibly helpful as I don't want to just go spending money to replace everything if thats not what fixes it.