Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid engine car(s)

1st ever COTM and COTY verified Feedback Score 9 (100%) green-lantern's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks

Mid engine car(s)

With seeming that my 3000 is sort of reaching a point of being in a finished sort of state I've been thinking of a new project. I'd love to have a mid engine car. Not sure what kind though. MR2? NSX? I'd love to do a factory five or even try and do a mid engine 3k. It would be so awesome to look through the rear glass and see a FWD converted getrag and 6g72 sitting in the back. I think my garage would need some more tools to do that though lol. IDK I'm just trying to think of an idea and I'd like to discus mid engine cars.

I found this while searching mid engine

Nissan Pulsar with Ferrari F355 V8 |

Quote Originally Posted by HilbillyHomeboy View Post
    I bet she smells of old mustard and sawdust.
    Jeremy

Member Feedback Score 0
    Owner Since

Thanks
    If I had a ton of money to just blow on a little mid engine car for fun, I would do a v8 swap fiero. I have always loved the look of fieros, but I have been told they are a money pit to no end.

One money pit is enough for me right now.

Member Not Verified Feedback Score 2 (100%) DK77's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    A Fiero with v8 would be sweet. My brother has a mint 85 Fiero GT. But the v6 in it is weaksauce. Maybe I'll put a 6G72TT in it

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    I almost bought a fiero a while back but yeah I just heard way to many bad things. V8 swap would be cool though.

Wut wut? verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) TT4ME's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by green-lantern View Post
    I almost bought a fiero a while back but yeah I just heard way to many bad things. V8 swap would be cool though.
    If you upgrade enough things, it should be a decent car. ... Well, unless you go crazy and upgrade it to unreliability.

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TT4ME View Post
    If you upgrade enough things, it should be a decent car. ... Well, unless you go crazy and upgrade it to unreliability.
    Sounds like my 3000

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    v8 fiero is awesome. not quite as awesome as a 6g72tt TVR...but still pretty cool.

my vote? 6g72tt dmc12 delorean. you will have absolutely the coolest car on the planet; bar none.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1981-...item3cb66a742c

i've seen non-running ones go for as little as 8-9k. a little expensive for a starter...but the finished result will be worth a LOT.

p.s.

it'll also be the ultimate sleeper. the OEM renault engine in a delorean had trouble getting past 100mph. you'll be able to spank damn near anything with a 6g72 tt.
    Last edited by IPD; 03-25-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Wut wut? verified Feedback Score 3 (100%) TT4ME's Avatar
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Yea, that is kind of the theme around the 3s world. Upgrade it until you can't drive it!

Anyways, a Fiero with a built NA V8 should be fun considering its' light weight. (I have no clue on transmission choices (probably Cadillac?)) Keep electronics simple and it should be cheap & reliable. I'm sure you can pick up a clean car for $3k, build engine for 3k more, tranny 2k, 10k for misc items/paint and you are in for 18k (High-end.)

Factory Five can't touch that. That said, I still think a 426 cobra replica is priceless done right. That doesn't fit your mid-engine requirement though...

Now with more poop-smear Not Verified Feedback Score 8 (100%) IPD's Avatar
    Owner Since
    Not Anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TT4ME View Post
    Yea, that is kind of the theme around the 3s world. Upgrade it until you can't drive it!

Anyways, a Fiero with a built NA V8 should be fun considering its' light weight. (I have no clue on transmission choices (probably Cadillac?)) Keep electronics simple and it should be cheap & reliable. I'm sure you can pick up a clean car for $3k, build engine for 3k more, tranny 2k, 10k for misc items/paint and you are in for 18k (High-end.)

Factory Five can't touch that. That said, I still think a 426 cobra replica is priceless done right. That doesn't fit your mid-engine requirement though...
    The LS4 is a 5,328 cc (5.328 L; 325.1 cu in) version of the Generation IV block. Though it has the same displacement as the Vortec 5300 LH6, it features an aluminium block instead of iron, and it uses the same cylinder head as the Generation III LS6 engine. The bellhousing bolt pattern differs from the rear wheel drive blocks.

This engine is adapted for transverse front-wheel drive applications. According to GM, "The crankshaft is shortened 13 mm – 3 mm at the flywheel end and 10 mm at the accessory drive end – to reduce the length of the engine compared to the 6.0L. All accessories are driven by a single serpentine belt to save space. The water pump is mounted remotely with an elongated pump manifold that connects it to the coolant passages. Revised oil pan baffles, or windage trays, are incorporated into the LS4 to ensure that the oil sump stays loaded during high-g cornering."[6] Active Fuel Management is also used. Output of this version is 303 hp (226 kW)/300 hp on LaCrosse Super and 323 lbft (438 Nm).

Applications:

2006–2009 Chevrolet Impala SS
    2006–2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
    2005–2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
    2008 Buick LaCrosse Super
    from wikipedia.

Owner Since
    Birth

Thanks
    I'm a little skeptical about v8 in a fiero though. I'm a bit worried about the weight transfer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast