Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: While my wife isn't looking...

-Driftus Maximus- Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks

While my wife isn't looking...

I want to go RHD. Where is the best place to find a GTO clip and some of the little parts to complete this project? I plan to have this done in the next two years.

Australia verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Why would one do this (serious question)?
    Kangaroo

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since
    04/18/2008

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I think it would be sweet, would make driving on the street awkward, but would be Very cool IMO...good luck man

Riding topless!! verified
    Owner Since
    Owned 8 3s since 2005.

Thanks
    Well if your really sure about it then it will be extremely tough. You can no longer import front clips into the US legally since some government nucklehead decidedly was the same as a importing a whole car! Maybe Canada? Another option could be to find someone who imported a clip for the engine/trans and pull off of that. Again very difficult to find anyone who would let that go.

Seriously nobody really does any RHD conversions here except ricer Honda owners and people just want to make their cars as difficult as possible to drive and enjoy normally. It's not really worth it just to be different.

Now if your a mailman and you just want a cool car to deliver the mail in... Then ignore the previous paragraph.
    Last edited by Gearheadvr4; 03-25-2011 at 03:02 AM.

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since
    04/18/2008

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearheadvr4 View Post

Now if your a mailman and you just want a cool car to deliver the mail in... Then ignore the previous paragraph.
    LMFAO....Twin Turbo Mail delivery..........you would put the USPS out of business, but no packages bigger than the back seat...

Twin Turbo verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I had a family friend who was American and for some reason like those cars they use for delivering mail over there and since it was already RHD it was perfect for him so he imported a few of them to use as his daily driver LOL. He was an odd guy... but then again he was also a genius and an amazing artist. He die in a car crash recently If there are any old hippies on here [I doubt there is] then you would almost certainly know him.

Owsley Stanley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    1990 JDM GTO TT with Vi-PEC plug-in V44 EMS, TD04-13T's, 3SX Downpipe, MP Hi-flow cat, ARC SMIC's, Aeromotive Stealth 340LPH pump, Fuelab 515 FPR, Ninja Performance 75amp hotwire kit, oohnoo fuel loop & rail adapters, Nylon braided ethanol fuel line, NGK AFX Wideband, K&N FIPK, Iridium plugs, HKS Twin Power DLI, Turbo XS racing BOV, 3SX poly mounts, Custom 280km/h speedo.

Waiting install
    Injector Dynamics 725cc Injectors.

Build Thread

The one. The only. verified
    Owner Since
    August 28, 2002

Thanks
    This has been discussed since the beginning of time and it makes zero sense to have a RHD in a LHD world.

Drive thrus whether they are banks, fast food, whatever are set up for LHD. Try passing a large semi truck on a two lane road when you are on the right side....

You said "It's cool" Are you trying to impress the little kids that hang out at WalMart in their riced out Civics?

[06-05, 19:29] OhioSpyderman: Brian, finding a woman is NOT the answer, you need to shop for a good VACUUM

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stealthee For This Useful Post:

-Driftus Maximus- Not Verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    Been looking on the Canada3si forum for parts but having little luck at the moment on that. I didn't hear anything about the clips being banned from importing. I would love to have a Gen2 clip with the black dash but I think I'm getting picky now. This would be a weekend/show car. And as far as drive-thurs, if I'm to lazy to get my butt out of the car then I don't need to be leaving the house. I'm 27 not 60 so I think I can get out of the car and walk into a restaurant or bank.
    Last edited by Nationalmilkman; 03-25-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Member Not Verified
    Owner Since
    04/18/2008

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthee View Post

You said "It's cool" Are you trying to impress the little kids that hang out at WalMart in their riced out Civics?
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize that that was the definition of "cool" I guess I should have said, It would be pleasing to me to see somebody who with a lot of time and passion converted his car into a RHD, the likes of which are unusual to see in this part of the world, and would be of interest to see in real life.

Forum User verified
    Owner Since

Thanks
    I seen a complete rhd conversion for sale... Might have been the other site. And think is was in aussy.

Rhd isnt that bad. My car is rhd and im in Canada. The semi truck hiway idea: when you pass one in a lhd how do you do it? You come out a little to check for traffic. In a rhd you come out a little on the other side of him and look for traffic. The hardest part of being rhd is getting used to the lane positioning. And remembering your signals are on the other side now. I have no problem driving my car around but I don't live in a huge city onlyabout 100,000 ppl.
    If you wanna try the front clip idea check out terra2imports.com I know they used to import alot of rhd before the recession. Search jdm front clips in google, you'd be surprised how many sites do them. There was a few on eBay back a year ago. Then just sell engine and trans to recoup some money.
    I you have any questions shoot me a pm
    1991 GTO TT restoration in progress
    watch the progress from the start:
    http://www.3sgto.org/f2/my-complete-...ions-4545.html